Breaking The Awkwardness

My Master

AMBER's POV

 

I never run that fast in my entire life. The only thing that I have in my mind is to save her from Heechul's evil plan. I felt afraid that what if I am too late, that they already have left. When we meet near our school's front gate, I feel relieved but I worried that I can't convince her to come with me. My heart is beating fast and I can hear both my mind and my heart telling me to take her away from that guy. I don't know why I care about her this much but then I realize and sort out all of my feelings and arrive at the conclusion that I love her. I decided to be forceful, because if I don't. I won't be able to save her.

 

"I think this far enough."I said as I stop from running.

 

We were both catching our breath. She never take her eyes off me and I somewhat feel embarrass to her. I kinda know what she is thinking right now. I let go of her hand when I realize that I am still holding it.

 

"Now, explain."she said to me in a bossy tone of voice after we got enough air.

 

"If I tell you, will you believe me?"I asked her straight in her eyes.

 

"I-It depends."she answered and then look away.

 

"Heechul's parents is not in their home right now, his friends from outside are the one waiting for you there."I said to her and I notice that her brows furrowed.

 

"What are you saying?"she asked me.

 

"He is planning to make you his tonight, I don't know about the...."

 

"Stop!"she exclaimed. "I don't want to hear it anymore."she added. I can see her eyes were saddened. Seeing her got hurt stings my heart too.

 

"D-Do you believe me?"I asked her again.

 

"I am not sure."she answered as she avoided my eyes. Hearing this makes me feel disappointed, but maybe she is trying to.

 

"I'll take you home."I said to her.

 

"I don't want to go home yet."she answered me in a sad tone of voice without looking at me.

 

"Where do you want to go?"I asked her.

 

"Let's go to your house."she answered.

 

JESS POV

 

I can't believe what Amber had said to me. I don't want to believe it. Heechul is not that kind of guy but Amber is not the kind of guy that would lie either. I ask him to take me their house, I feel comfortable in his place and besides, my parents is not home too and this time, I need some company. I really don't feel okay right now.

 

"It's nice to see you here again, Miss Jessica."Henry said with a warm smile when we arrive at the house.

 

"It's nice to see you too, Henry."I answered and smile at him.

 

"Do you guys need anything?"he asked us.

 

"Are you hungry?"Amber asked me.

 

"No."I answered shortly.

 

"Just prepare a snack and something to drink, maybe a juice or tea."Amber said to Henry.

 

"Yes,Sir."Henry answered then left.

 

Amber and I stayed at their living room. I sat down on the couch while he sat down on the adjacent chair. We just sit down quietly, no one utter any words, just feeling the awkward atmosphere. I suddenly remember about his confession, I steal a glance at him. I want to confront him about it, if what he really meant what he had said. Our eyes meet when he look at me.

 

"What?"he asked me.

 

"N-Nothing."I answered and quickly avoided his eyes. Damn it! Now I feel so shy around him.

 

Henry came back the food and drinks that Amber told him to prepare. He place it on the center table.

 

"Thanks, Henry."I said to him with a smile.

 

"Your welcome, Young Miss."He answered and smiled back. He turn to Amber who is now munching some of the cookies. "Sir, I forgot to tell you, your Mom had called and she told me that her and your father will come here next week."he said to him.

 

"Oh, that's so sudden."Amber mumbled. "Did they already know about my..."he paused and glance at me. "Uhm, you know."he continued when he look back at Henry.

 

"No Sir."Henry answered and Amber let out a deep sigh. He look like he feel relieved.

 

"Okay, thanks Henry."he said to Henry before Henry left us again.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I thought one of my three idiots cousin had slipped and accidentally mention to my parents about my suspension that is why my parents will come here to Korea. I feel relieved when Henry said to me that they still didn't know about it. Jessica stayed in our house over dinner. We haven't really talk that much. I walk her home since she ask me to. Her house is not really that far from ours. She didn't show me her witchy attitude right now, I notice too that she is somewhat shy around me. I don't like this new atmosphere between us.

 

"Sica, did you had thrown away my gift for you?"I asked her. I can't think any other topic to talk to. She stop from walking and then she turn to look at me.

 

"Now  that you mention it, I haven't properly thank you."she replied. I think her mood had somewhat get better now. "Thank you so much!"

 

"So you didn't throw it?"I asked again with raise brows.

 

"I did, but my maid saw that book and she give it to me."she answered.

 

"So you got the book. You didn't burn it,didn't you?"I asked her again.

 

"Of course not!"she answered and scoffed. "Anyway, how did you get a copy of it? It even haven't release it until now."she asked me curiously.

 

"Uhm, a friend of mine is a close friend to Mrs. Annie's son. I asked him a favor to get that book with the author's signature and to write a message for you."I answered with a grin.

 

"It is the best gift that I've ever received."she answered happily.

 

"My original gift was the cucumbers, the book is only the additional."I said to her jokingly.

 

"I burned them into ashes."she said to me with an annoyed look in her face.

 

"Cucumbers are delicious, try to eat one. I'm sure you gonna love it."I assured it.

 

"It's gross, they look gross. Yuck!"she answered. I laugh when she make a certain face and act like she was disgusted over something.

 

"That is why you are short because you don't eat cucumbers, you know, cucumbers help you to grow."I lied to her. But I know that eating this vegetable makes you healthy.

 

"Pfft! Even if it will make me grow as tall as you, I still won't eat it."she answered to me. "Let's drop that subject okay!"she added sounding annoyed.

 

"Finally,your back to your old self now." I said to her with a smile, she stare at me for a while then slap me on my shoulder.

 

"Stupid!"she said and then walk ahead of me.

 

I like the nice to me Jessica Jung but, it doesn't feel right to me. I don't want her to change how the way she behave and act around me just because I confessed to her. She didn't need to do it. I then chase after her and walk beside her, I take a glimpse of her and I can see a faint smile on her face. Seeing it makes me smile too.

 

"I'm going to find out the truth about Heechul's real intention to me."she mumbled.