One.

Falling for My Heavenly Angel

 

-Episode One; Rescuing the Human Girl-

 

 

The streets around the city of Seoul were filled with people of all ages busily walking to and fro along the streets after a whole day from work or school. Different kinds of food stalls were beginning to open at the sides of the streets with the vendors trying to lure in some customers. Seoul was once again having a busy bright evening.

Meanwhile at a certain dark alleyway at the isolated part of the streets, three figures emerged from the shadows of the sky. The creatures had large wings that enabled them to soar along with the mellow breeze. Each pair of wings had its own significant color, emphasizing that each creature was different from one another.

The cemented pavement slightly trembled once the creatures had settled their foot upon the ground. The figures appeared to be more human-like, three mysterious young women who looked like normal schoolgirls except for the fact that they were having an enormous pair of feathered wings behind their backs.

"Guardians," Spoke the shortest among the three. Although with a slightly petite body and an innocent look on her face, her sharp red eyes flicked with superiority and power. "We've arrived at our destination."

The doe-eyed one stepped in and wandered her gaze around their surroundings. "Well obviously we have. Just look at this awfully dusty place they call their home." She commented while grazing her hand around the rough wall covered with graffiti. 

"Yoona!" It was the tanned beauty's turn to open to hiss at the youngest. "Watch your mouth and prevent yourself from saying anything stupid." She cocked an eyebrow and the angel named Yoona immediately shut herself up in shame.

The short girl with golden brown locks who seemed to be their leader, stepped up and examined the place of their arrival as well. She raised her hand once she heard a rustling sound coming from somewhere near them.

"Wait." She motioned the other two. "I think I hear someone coming."

Her thoughts were confirmed as a figure began emerging from a distance. The three angels quickly flapped their wings and flew to the nearest roof of a building. They hid themselves and watched silently as they saw a man showing up below them.

"Humans," Yuri snorted once she saw the man who was grabbing a young woman by the collar of her shirt. 

"What's he doing?" Yoona whispered sharply and gasped as she saw the man pushing the girl aggresively against the hard wall. The girl's loud shriek was clear enough for them to hear.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes and kept on watching until she realized what the man below them was trying to do. She clenched her fists as she witnessed the girl being tormented by the man that was threatening her neck with a sharp glistening object that appeared to be a knife. 

Yuri widened her green eyes. "Holy angel of all heavens," she gasped. "I think that man's going to kill that poor lady!"

"No way!" Yoona's voice had seemed to come out a little too loud, because the two humans below them seemed to halt from their current activity. The man tilted his head from left to right to check if there was any other person around them. When he saw no one, he returned his attention back to his victim.

"You're dead meat now girl," He whispered in a slurry way and the stinky smell of liquor reeked from his breath. He kept the knife's blade pointed towards the girl as he began rummaging through her purse for some valuable items. Meanwhile the girl trembled with fright, her face turning pale under the ray of the moonlight. "You're never going to survive the night." He added with an ugly smirk.

"W-What should we do? Should we go and help the pathetic mortal?" Yoona asked to no one in particular. She turned her head to Yuri and the both of them turned their heads to the spot where their leader was supposed to be. To their suprise, Taeyeon was gone.

"Leader Taeyeon?" Yuri searched along the roof and saw no trace of their short commander. She only realized things when Yoona pointed her finger frantically at the direction below them.

"Yuri eonni, look over there!" 

Yuri followed the exact direction where the younger girl was pointing a finger at. To her surprise she saw the golden-brown haired angel standing right behind the man, already preparing herself to smack him down.

"Oh she's going to survive the night all right." Taeyeon's low voice caused the man to flinch on his position. "But you are not." She gave him one last glare before sending him off flying across the alleyway with her fist hanging up in the air. That must have hurt because the man was a hundred percent unconscious, his face buried onto the ground and his sticking up in the air.

Yoona and Yuri quickly hi-fived each other after watching their leader's fantastic heroic action. 

Taeyeon did not give herself time to praise her skills but instead she turned around to face the girl behind her. She wanted to ask if she was okay but she refused to part her lips. She just stared at the human girl whose knees were indeed trembling and it was like all the blood in her face were drained.

"W-Who are you?" It was all the girl's meek voice could muster out to ask.

Unlike other heroes, Taeyeon did not smile nor did she say anything that everything was going to be okay. Instead she took a step forward and placed her freezing cold hand against the girl's reddening cheek.

She's so surprisingly warm. Taeyeon thought to herself with amusement. She's so surprisingly human..

Her thoughts were disrupted once the girl jumped away from her sudden touch. She looked at Taeyeon as though she was someone who was insane. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows were furrowed together as she continued to share a stare with the angel.

"What are you doing?" The girl was giving her the exact same look she had when the man was harassing her earlier. "You saved my life.." She finally said after another moment of awkward silence.

Taeyeon looked away from their eye contact and tried to maintain her composure. She turned her back against the girl and began walking away in a slow manner. "Go home human girl, and stop lingering around the darkness when you're alone. There's always danger around, especially with this place of yours."

The girl knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "W-Wait!" She called out before Taeyeon's figure could even fade from a distance. She ran all the way to where the angel was standing. "Please don't leave yet. I wanted to thank you for rescuing me--"

"Just go home human girl. Don't bother me." Taeyeon stated in the most gentle way that she can. She spun around and walked away as fast as she can yet she could still hear the girl's melodic voice calling for her from behind. 

Once out of sight, Taeyeon had spread her golden-colored wings and leaped into the air. She flew as high as she can and then signalled for her two other comrades to follow her. Soon enough Yoona and Yuri joined her up in the air.

"That was some amusing show leader-nim." Yuri intended it to be a playful joke, but she only received a dark glare from the oldest. 

Yoona nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I can't believe you actually saved a human's life. Why did you do that?" She asked curiously with her big doe-eyes gawking at the brown-haired girl.

Taeyeon swatted the both of them away with an annoyed look on her face. "Stop asking such ridiculous questions, the both of you! Instead of blabbering around you two should help me find a place for us to stay in. Quickly!" she wrathed out and the two other angels saluted before zooming into another direction across the air.

 

---

 

"Tiff, what happened?"

Tiffany felt herself stumble as she entered through the door of their apartment. Her body was fortunate enough to be caught in the arms of two other girls who appeared to be her roommates and long time friends.

"Eonnie, what's the matter?" Seohyun asked once a certain wound on Tiffany's knee had caught her eye. She and Jessica assisted Tiffany as they carried her to the couch inside the living room. 

The exhausted girl plopped herself on the leather sofa and exhaled heavily. Her mind was spinning and she was not in the condition to think of anything. Still, she had to let her friends know about what she encountered back at the alleyway not too long ago.

She was so frightened..She'd never been scared that much before in her entire life.

She really thought she was going to die. Until..

"She saved my life." She whispered out unconsciously, earning puzzled looks from the two other girls before her. 

"Who saved whose life?" Jessica scratched her head confusingly. "Yah Miyoung, would you mind explaining to us how and why you ended up coming home looking like that? You looked so scared that you're even whiter than a piece of paper." 

"Sica eonnie is right. Did something happen on your way home?" Seohyun asked gently but in a worried kind of manner. Tiffany inhaled deeply and braced herself for some explaining.

After a while Tiffany finished her story. Seohyun was still shocked with her eyeballs almost falling out of its sockets and Jessica looked as though she was going to murder someone.

"You were robbed?!" Her voice echoed across the entire apartment. "How could that sort of thing happened?! Why weren't you being careful?! Why did you go home by yourself?! Why didn't you just contact us and we could've picked you up instead?! Why didn't yo--" Tiffany quickly threw a pillow cushion directly at Jessica's face before the older girl could continue with her blabbering.

"I said I'm fine already Jessie. Aren't I here, at home and safe?" Tiffany tried to force out a tired smile. "And besides, it's all thanks to that cute stranger who saved my life from that robber." Tiffany sighed longingly as if she was fantasizing about her knight-in-shining armor. 

Jessica raised a brow. "A cute stranger?"

Tiffany clasped her hands together and smiled endearingly. "Yes! She was so amazing and she fought the bad guy with such ease! I felt like I was a damsel in distress getting rescued by my prin-" It was now Seohyun's turn to throw the pillow at Tiffany's face.

"Maknae!" Tiffany snarled. "What was that for?"

The tall slender girl just looked back at her with pure innocence on her face. "Look eonnie, you've almost been killed. How can you still manage to bring a smile to your face?"

The second eldest just shook her head. "I was afraid at first and was terrified that I was going to die, but that girl- whoever she is-, she rescued me and I'm thankful to her because of that. Too bad I haven't got the chance to properly thank her." Tiffany pouted her lips with dissappointment. "But someday if we ever meet again, I'll make sure I'll be able to do it!"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "You are one crazy girl with an absurd head, Hwang."

Tiffany ignored her friend's comment and continued to smile at herself. Just then the gorgeous face of the girl she met at the alleyway had reappeared in her mind. They've only met for a brief moment but she could never forget that stranger's angelic features.

I hope I'll be able to see you again someday.

Too drowned into her thoughts, Tiffany was oblivious to the fact that there are three angels flying right outside of their apartment building.

 

 

to be continued

 

 

 

Author: Updated! Hope you guys like the first chapter! :) Also, thanks to those who subscribed and commented to this fic! ^^

I love you guysss...

And btw, isn't this ice princess so cute? Ugh, I am so hopelessly in love with her. >___<

Jessica+Jung+SNSD+Laughing+GIF.gif

Comments! ;)