Chapter 1

Dragon Prince

"Noona..."

"Haewoo noona"

"YAH! LEE HAEWOO NOONA"

You slowly lifted your eyelids. Slowly while adjusting the lights you saw the little culprit who woke you up.

"What?" you grumbled lazily and closed your eyes again.

"We arrived at abeoji's (grandpa) house! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" You know your 5 years old brother Taewoo won't stop until you open your  eyes.

"Fine. You ugly little brat"  you opened your eyes and saw your little brother sticking his tongue out.

"Let's go go go!" he sang and pulled you with him. You just laughed and ruffled his hair.

He opened the old rusty door revealing your parents and your grandfather waiting inside. The luggages have been moved inside by your father which make you felt more guilty. 

"Haewoo!" abeoji stood up and hit his hands to your shoulder. "Aboji!" you smiled as well and shook his hands. "How's school?" he asked. "Oh, it's great!" you answered happily.

After an hours of chatting and sharing stories, It's finally new year's dinner time. "I've prepared dinner for all of you!" Abeoji said full of pride. "Oh you don't have to. Next time i can cook" umma said, "i'm a housewife remember?" she continued. "It's okay, i love to cook for you all" he shook his head and smiled with all his heart.

As Aboji promised, he cooked traditional korean new year food like rice cake soup and galbijjim. "We'll eat happily!" you and your brother said and started digging the rice cake. Aboji just chuckled, "Eat well children". The rest also started to eat.

-

After finishing the delicious food, Aboji took out a bottle of wine and shared it to the family. Even thought you are still 17 your parents allow you to drink but with their permission. So you just got a teensy bit of wine, while your brother just grumbled because he felt like a retard. "Can i have it too?" Taewoo asked innocently.

"No sweetie, you are still under age" your mother said and chuckled. "But Noona can drink that dark coloured thing too" he folded his hands in jealousy. "It's because she is older than you Taewoo" your father told him. He just grumbled in disagree and you just ruffled his hair. "Too the Lee family" your aboji raised his glass and clinked his glass with the others.

After sharing more stories and doing the countdown, you realised that you left your satchel bag in the car. So you excuse yourself to the family and told them that you are going to take your bag.

You opened the old front door and shivered because of the cold winter breeze so you tightened your jacket. You looked at your yellow neon watch, it's already 00:45. No wonder i'm tired, you thought.

You stepped down from the small wood stairs and looked around. It's so dark there are no streetlights, the only source of light is the shining stars and moon. Thought there are some houses nearby it's not bright like the city of Seoul. You are scared but tried to hide it. You started imagining things like the slender while you stepped to the car outside.

You quickly opened the car door and took your blue satchel bag. As you are going in you heard the sound of ruffling bushes and twigs. You turned around to see nothing. You are scared enough to run quickly inside, but there are some urge of curiosity that made you want to know more.

You carefully scanned your eyes trough the bushes and trees infront of your Aboji's house(His house is very indeed near to the woods). You saw a pair of slanted eyes. It's shining because of the moon's reflection. You stepped back. But the owner of the eyes didn't even look away from you.

You started to creep out and dashed inside the house. You took a deep breath and sighed. Those eyes were just so hypnotizing.

"Haewoo are you okay?" Aboji notice your scared face. "A-aboji is there a possibilty that ghosts exist in this v-village?" you stuttered. "Of course not dear. What makes you think like that?" Aboji hitted your back. "I think i just saw it outside" you whispered. "Don't be silly, here let me check" Aboji laughed. "No Aboji-"

"See there's no ghost Haewoo dear, it must be just your imagination" he went outside and looked around. "Now, don't you be afraid and go to sleep" he said and left. You sighed and looked around again.

You caught the same slanted eyes again and gasp. You swiftly closed the door shut and locked it. Do i have a sixth sense? , you thought. You ignore that things and thought that maybe it was just your imagination and you went to your room.

-

You changed the position on your bed like for the 100th times. You can't go to sleep, it's just too cold in there and most of all you couldn't stop thinking about the eyes you saw earlier. You changed position again and shut your eyes. You sigh and finally gave up.

You sat on the bed and stared outside to the dark woods for a long time. You felt your eyelids grow heavier and heavier. As You almost doze off until you saw a growing light from the wood. You carefully see the light and you are guessing it's a fire light. Are the neighbors having a bon fire? you thought and disagreed. It would be abnormal to start a bonfire at 2 in the morning.

You started to think uneasily. Would it be the neighbors? Or there's a forestfire happening? Or is it... that mysterious creature you saw? You thought for a long time until curiosity killed the cat. You decided to sneak out and see what happen.

You wore your jacket and slowly opened the window. The cold breeze blowed your body making you shiver in cold. You jumped out the window and let the window open so you can get back easily.

Here goes nothing, you thought and sneaked to the forest.


 

Hehehe... How's chapter one? Hope you like it! I admit it this is the longst chapter i've ever wrote in my entire life. LOL. Please subscribe, i'll be happy if you do :) I'm sorry if i made a mistake in grammars because english isn't my first language but i'm trying hard to give my best at it! Thanks a lot for reading!

I LOVE YOU <3