Capture

My Heart's Memories

Joon stared at Yu Jin. She was expressionless. Her last words rang in his ears.

"What?" Joon said trying to keep his voice steady.

"Let's break up Oppa. It's best for us" Yu Jin didn't dare look Joon in the eyes or else she would have taken back what she said.

Joon wanted to protest but what his mother had done was not an excuse.

"Please..Yu Jin, we could work this out" He pleaded. Yu Jin didn't even bother to look up.

"Please lock the door when you leave" She got up and went to her room. Joon reached out a hand but pulled it back knowing it was no use. He ruffled his hair and left. Yu Jin stood behind the wall and stared as Joon left her now empty home. She walked into her father's room and sat on his bed. She straightened out his pillow and folded his blanket. She looked at the box in the corner where her father had always kept his personal stuff. She went over to pick up the box and set it on the bed. She sat on the bed and opened the box, taking out the compartments inside.

First there was a wool light pink scarf that belonged to her mom. She placed the fabric on her cheek and she smelt a rosy perfume lingering on the scarf. Next she found a framed photo of her mom holding her in a hospital bed with her dad at their side that was taken when she was born. She smiled at the photo. The rest of the box contained jewelry and clothing but on the very bottom she found an old blue envelope with her mother's initials on it. She set the other things down and opened up the letter.

My Dear Yu Jin~

Omma is terribly sorry that omma couldn't stay with you. My Yu Jin is still so young. I have so many regrets in my life but what I am happy about is that God still gave me the strength and time to write you this letter. I'm going to ask your appa to give it to you on the day of your wedding. Yu Jinnie, omma has done many things in her life that was wrong. Such as love. Omma was in love but omma pushed it away, thinking it was for the best but truthfully omma was just selfish. Your appa loves me so much but I couldn't give him my entire heart. Although I never regretted marrying him, I regret not choosing what my heart told me to choose. I lived my entire wondering what if, what if I really stayed with the man I love, how would my life be? Yu Jin, omma wants to tell you that being a girl, you will find lots of emotions and I hope that the path you choose in the future is one you will never regret. Please follow your heart my daughter and live life with no regrets.

-Omma.

Yu Jin gently put down the letter. She cried silently and laid on her dad's bed.

"What do I do Omma?" She whispered to herself.

The next day she woke up and went to work. Although she was slumped all day after work she decided to go shopping to get her mind off things. As she walked through the streets she didn't notice anyone following her. A man dressed in black was watching her every move. He followed her stealthily.

Yu Jin walked into a corner and as she turned a had wrapped around and someone had punched her in the stomach making her lose conciousness.

Joon walked into his home. He had been a zombie ever since Yu Jin asked for a break up. He felt as if the world was shattered. He walked by his mother's room, overhearing her conversation.

"Did you guys get her?" She asked , "Okay then...make sure this time she's dead, Jang Yu Jin must really die this time"

Joon was frozen. Yu Jin....in danger? He quickly moved as his mother walked out of her room. He quickly followed her in his car as she drove off in hers. He followed her closely.

'Yu Jin please wait a little longer', he told himself

Yu Jin woke up in a familiar warehouse. She realized she was tied up to a chair. She started to try and break free but someone came into view.

"why, why, why.....It's my beauty again" The man from the first kidnapping. He lifted her chin and came close to her face.

"You will finally be mine this time..." He kissed her cheek and she shook him off. He laughed as he slapped her across the face. Her cheek was burning but she didn't dare to cower done. She just stared at him.

"Not much longer my love" he said as he walked away.

Joon followed his mom to the warehouse where Yu Jin was first kidnapped. He made sure to park far so that his mom wouldn't see him. She was really behind all this. He quickly got out and headed into the warehouse. There was a guard at the entrance but Joon managed to tackle him down and knock him out, taking his gun after. He couldn't risk Yu Jin's safety.

Yu Jin watched as two men brought in a futon. The disgusting man walked behind them and Yu Jin started to tense up. She knew what was going to happen and her heart knew it as well. The man pulled her off the chair and threw her down onto the mattress. She tried to get up but he pinned her down.

"Remember to take good photos guys, Young Master needs to see them well, and make sure her face is clear. He slowly moved a strand of hair away from her face and brushed his finger along her cheek.

"get away from me!" She tried to kick him but he was strong and he pinned her down forcefully. He just smiled and shook his head. Yu Jin could hear the camera snapping and it made her even more scared. Joon can't see her like this, he can't. She cried loudly as the man pulled her shirt down exposing her shoulders and he started to kiss along her shoulderblade. She tried but the man was too strong. She closed her eyes as her body gave up.

Joon was walking into the warehouse when her heard screams. He followed the direction of the screams and found three men around a futon. He was furious when he saw Yu Jin, her tiny body trying to force her way out. he ran towards them and shot the two with his gun.

Yu Jin heard gunshots. She opened her eyes. nothing had happened yet and suddenly someone pulled off the man on top of her. She looked to see who her savior was, Joon. She tried sitting up but with her hands tied she couldn't fix her now torn shirt. After beating the guy and letting out his rage Joon turned back to Yu Jin. He quickly ran towards her and untied her hands. The moment she was free she threw herself at him and sobbed her heart out. He hugged her tightly, thankful he was on time.

"are you okay?" He asked her. She nodded and Joon grabbed her hand, the gun in the other. He pulled her up and they started out.

"Remember Oppa, we've been through here before" Yu Jin tightend her grip. Joon quickly took of his cardigan and put it over her. As they headed out they heard a grunt behind them.

"Oppa! That man!" Yu Jin turned around but a gun sounded and she felt the force of something hard hit her right shoulder. The pain was piercing and she looked at who had fired.

Joon's mother.

'Omma! Why?" Joon said as he pulled Yu Jin's crumpling form in his embrace.

"She deserves to die, her mother wanted your father and thats why she's after you!" His mom screamed as she walked towards them.

"Omma, don't do this...thats all in the past." Joon said as he tried to keep Yu Jin warm. Yu Jin felt her breathing begin to weaken and it was getting harder to try and breathe normal. She clutched Joon's hand as she winced at the pain.

"Yu Jin....Yu Jin-ah....sstay with me" he said as he cupped her face.

"That won't kill her......but this will..." Joon's mom raised the gun at Yu Jin and laiughed evily.

"Omma....NO!" Joon yeeld as he threw his body in front of Yu Jin. Another gunshot was heard and Joon fell down with Yu Jin in his chest. She his face as she realized what happened.

"Oppa...." She said weakly and Joon tried to smile back, pulling her to him even tighter. As they fell unconcious they could hear the sound of sirens.