It all went well.

You were my first choice

It's been four years since he admitted to me that he loved me. That I was the one that was always in his heart.

"Just remember Mina-ah.I may not be your first choice now or in the future but you will always be mine." He said as we walked hand in hand back to the reception area. I was still staring at him after his confession. I didn't know how to react. How to respond. How was I going to tell him that no matter what I loved Seunghyun?

We came back to the reception area like nothing happened. I felt like my heart was being ripped in two.

Here was Jiyong, the one person who loved me since we first met. The one person that stayed with me and comforted me when I felt like I was nothing. To him, I was everything. He made me feel like I was the world. He made me feel happy. But he was my best friend. What else was I supposed to feel?

"Where have you two been? We were all worried about you two." Seunghyun was the first person who came into view. Making my heart rip into even more pieces. I just nodded at him assuring him that I was okay. That I'll try to be okay. Jiyong just held my hand.

Wait, Jiyong was holding my hand? I stared at our intertwined fingers then at him. He was smiling. Like he didn't have a care in the world. Like he was getting hurt. How I wish I could learn to love him. How I could make him happy. But I didn't want to settle for him. That would be unfair to him.

"You didn't have to worry about us Hyung. I'll take care of Mina, no matter what. I'll be here for her." Jiyong said while looking at Seunghyun. I stared at him even more. He was still going to stay by my side? Even though I was hurting him? Every moment I spent with him was heartbreak for him. He was my best friend, he deserved better. He deserved someone so much better than me. I looked back at our intertwined fingers and wiggled my hand free. He took a quick glance at my hand when I wiggled free I saw I faint hint of hurt in his eyes but he turned back to Seunghyun Oppa to greet him a congratulations. I sighed and my heel heading to Rina-ah.

“Omo! Mina-ah! Yeobo said that you just ran out earlier! What happened to you? Come on. You know that you can tell me everything.” My heart broke when I heard her call Seunghyun her Yeobo. I almost came to tears again but held it in. Not now. I wasn’t going to cry now. I wasn’t going to ruin such a amazing day for her.

“Don’t worry about it Rina-ah. I just had a moment. Think about it. It used us three. Now you two got married. Leaving me all alone. Of course I’d have to have some sort of breakdown at some point right?” I said and she laughed giving me a hug.

“Pabo. Of course we’d never leave you. Why would we? You’re our best friend. Nothing will change that. And we’ll always be here for you.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I never thought that I’d get to this day. That I’d actually be here. Finally happy and at peace with someone. I was taking deep breathes when Rina-ah came in. She looked as breath taking as ever. I smiled at her and stood up from my chair.

“Mina-ah! Don’t make such a fuss trying to get up. Sit down and relax. Someone just couldn’t wait to see you today.” She said and opened the door further to reveal a little 1 year old girl. I smiled and opened my arms to welcome my niece into the room. She smiled at me and tried to waddle herself over to me.

“Omo. Eun Mi-ah! Be careful. You’re just a year and half year old.” I said as I scooped her up into my arms and snuggled my face next to hers. She giggled and tried to pull out the pins that held my hair together.

“Choi Eun Mi. Don’t mess up your Aunt Mina’s hair. Come back here to Omma.” She said and took the giggling toddler from me. I laughed at her and kissed cheek before Rina could walk out of the room.

“Thank you Rina-ah. For everything.” I managed to blurt out when she reached the door. She smiled at me and came back in to give me a hug.

“Everything I did is because I love you Mina-ah. Knowing all the pain you had to go through before. You deserve this. You deserve all the happiness in the world now. And I’m happy to be a part of it.” She said and as we separated we were both in tears. She laughed and wiped away my tears.

“God. I’ll call back the makeup artist. We can’t have you smear your pretty face away with all this crying.” She said and blew me a kiss before walking out of the room. I smiled to myself and looked back at the mirror. Keeping in mind what she just said. I deserved this.

We were all about to bid the newlyweds farewell. Being the maid of honour I was of course in front of the crowd. I was waiting along the front line when I felt someone’s arm snake around my waist. I immediately turned to see a smiling Jiyong. I bowed my head down since I felt awkward around him now that he finally confessed to me.

“Mina-ah. Please don’t feel awkward. Come on. Someone wants to talk to you before we bid them farewell.” I looked at him with confused eyes and nodded. I followed him back into the reception hall only to see Seunghyun Oppa alone in a corner. I looked at him then at Jiyong who was still smiling, only this time I could already see the hurt in his eyes. He looked back at me and nodded.

“I am the best man after all Mina-ah. I owe him this. And you deserve this as well.” He said and kissed me on the cheek. He then left Seunghyun Oppa and I alone together. I watched him walk away feeling his heart break with every step he took.

“Mina-ah. Are you okay?” Seunghyun Oppa said and I looked back at him. Seeing him again. While I was like this, in this current state. It only made me feel worse. I could feel my heart shattering now that he was married. He was married to my best friend and I couldn’t do anything about it.

“Neh. You have nothing to worry about Oppa. It was a pointless confession anyways.” I said and he sighed approaching me and pulling me into a hug.

“Mina-ah. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for making you go through all this pain. I’m sorry for breaking your heart when you didn’t even deserve to have it broken in the first place. I wish that I could look at you and love you like how you love me but I can’t. And I’m sorry. I’ll always be sorry.” He said and I could feel him tightening his hug. He made me feel safe and comforted this way. I wish that we could stay this way. With me in his arms as I wished it would always me.

“Oppa. Please understand that I already knew what I was going to go through. I kept quiet and supportive of both you and Rina-ah because I loved you both so much. I valued the friendship we had knowing that it was the most important thing to me. It may hurt me now and maybe until the future but I will always be there for you two. Remember that. Come on. We still have to bid you and Rina-ah farewell. I don’t want to have you late for your own honeymoon.” I said and pulled away from him. Giving him a smile that broke my heart all the more knowing that it would still hurt so much more when he finally got into that car.

“Mina-ah—“ Before he could say anything else I cut him off.

“No more Oppa. Come on. You have to go.” I said and dragged him to where Rina-ah was. She smiled at us as we approached. I gave her Oppa’s hand and headed to my place along the stairs where we would say our final goodbyes. I saw Jiyong and he motioned for me to stand by him. I nodded and went to his spot. He placed his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear.

“When all of this is over, know that I will always be here Mina-ah.” I looked at him and he smiled at me not even trying to hide the hurt in his eyes. I looked at him for a long time. Even when everyone was cheering and throwing rice grains at the newlyweds I still stared at Jiyong knowing that he was hurting as much as I was. I sighed and kissed him on the cheek which shocked him since I rarely did anything like that.

“Thank you Jiyong-ah. For everything. But I don’t want to hurt you anymore than you deserve. Mianhae.” I said and walked away from him. He chased after me confused by what just happened.

“What are you talking about Mina-ah? Why are you saying sorry?” He asked me and I sighed.

“I think we need to cut communication from here on out Jiyong-ah. It’s for the best. I’m sorry.” I wiggled free from his grasp and walked to my car revving the engine and driving away as fast as I would dare.

I was waiting for someone to come into my room to tell me that it was time. I was excited and scared at the same time. I can’t believe that I was finally here. When I heard the door creak open I was expecting to see my Omma and Appa but instead I saw Seunghyun Oppa.

“Oppa. You’re here.” I said and smiled and him. He nodded and approached me pulling me into a hug.

“Omo. Mina-ah. You look absolutely gorgeous. That bastard better take good care of you or I’ll be the first guy that will kill him if he doesn’t” He said and I giggled when he said that. We separated and he chuckled to himself.

“Why don’t you tell him yourself Oppa? You are the best man after all.” I said and he sighed.

“I guess I am. Well. I can’t kill him if I am the best man. Which reminds me. He wanted me to give you this. You’re something old and something blue. He had the old pearl in the middle replaced with a sapphire.” He said and handed me the necklace that Jiyong had in his family for generations. I gasped at how pretty it was.

“Omo. Jiyong is aware that I already have something old and something blue right? I am wearing my Omma’s earrings already.” I said but Oppa still clasped on the necklace which looked amazing even if it was just a simple chain.

“Well. You know Jiyong he will stop at nothing to make you happy.” He said and I nodded knowing that he was right. Jiyong would stop at nothing to make me happy.

I don’t know what came over me but ever since the wedding I cut all communication from everyone and I was coming back today. A year after everything happened. I had to deal with the heartbreak alone, I knew that it was for the best especially for Jiyong. He needed space from me. He needed his time to move on as well.

I was at the corner restaurant in Seoul where I was close friends with the ahjumma who owned the place. I needed a quiet place to talk to him. I wanted to ask him if he would like to try things out, now that I’ve moved on from Seunghyun Oppa. Now that I was ready to accept someone else in my life. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to test out the waters with me. It was a slim chance that I was willing to take. Jiyong deserved someone better than me but I still wanted to test things out with him.

I checked my phone to see that I was thirty minutes early. I decided to order a drink since I was extremely parched as I gave my order I was shocked to see Jiyong just barge into the place. I looked behind him and saw cameras flashing behind him. He clearly did not think over his coming over here. I sighed and stood up. I don’t want to get caught by the paparazzi. I don’t want Jiyong to get bad publicity again.

Just as I stood up I felt him rushing over to me. I looked back at him to see that he was a few tables away.

“Jiyong!? Calm down okay. Slow down. You’re go—“ I was cut off when he finally was in front of me. He grabbed me around the waist and pulled me in to kiss me. I was shocked by this. But I didn’t fight back. I kept still until he pulled away.

“Don’t ever do that again. Don’t you ever walk away from me like that again. Don’t ever tell me that you think it’s for the best for me to stop seeing you. Don’t ever think that you think that it would be best for you to just leave because I would stop hurting. I looked for you Mina-ah. I went crazy the past year when you left. I love you Mina-ah. And you made me realize the past year that I could never live without you in my life. I don’t care about anyone else anymore. You are my life now. And whether you like it or not I will always be here. I will never leave you. If you even decide to walk away from me right now I will search even the heavens for you. Just please. Don’t leave me ever again. I love you so much Mina-ah.” He said and I was in shock. He hugged me tighter and I hugged him back not even caring anymore about the cameras that were capturing everything that was happening.

We were finally at the chapel. I was trying my best to keep still but I still kept fidgeting in my seat. I was getting all my nerves tangled up everywhere. When my Omma and Appa finally came to get me from the car I smiled and stepped out. My Appa gave a signal telling them to close the doors for my entrance. I looked at my Omma and she was in tears.

“Omo. Omma. Please stop crying. I’ll end up crying as well.” I said and she laughed at herself.

“I’m sorry Mina-ah. It’s just that. I’m so happy for you. You’re finally all grown up.” She said and I felt myself tearing up. She nodded and me and headed up the stairs to the double doors that would soon open up the chapel for me. I looked at my Appa and he smiled at me holding out his hand for me.

“Thank you for everything Appa.” I said and he smiled at me kissing the top of my head.

“I love you Mina-ah and I am so proud of you.” He said and we joined my Omma by the double doors. They knocked on the door to signal them that I was coming in. When they finally opened the doors my eyes did not go to the beautiful colour scheme of lilac and blue. It did not go to the beautiful flower arrangements of the freesias and the violets. I didn’t even pay attention to the choir that was seeing beautifully in the background. They immediately went to Jiyong who was waiting for me at the altar. I saw how his eyes lit up when I entered the hall. How he flashed his heartbreakingly beautiful smile. His hair that was dyed brown today for our special day. How it was styled perfectly to one side. His tux that we fought over since I didn’t want him to go overboard with it. I smiled at the man I was going to marry.

The man who was there for me through all the heartbreak and tears. The man who stood by me when I cried my heart out even if broke his heart every time that he did. The man who never left me alone. The man who made me feel safe and complete. The man who made me feel that I was more than enough. The man who loved me for all my flaws. The man who made me his first choice from the very start. The man who will make me his only choice until the end.

When we finally reached the altar my Appa gave me to Jiyong and I kissed him one last time as Jung Mina. Because after this I will now and will always be Kwon Mina. His wife and his first choice.

The choice that he has always made. The only choice that he will ever make.


So. I decided to make my one shot a two shot. Yes. Surprising right? So. I actually do have a chapter that I made and it's halfway there I just don't know if you guys want to still read it? It's in Jiyong's POV about his side of the story and all that. Anyhoo. Thank you for the support. And as always. Comment for feedback. :) Please?