Breaking Down Walls

Love's Second Chance - *story abandoned*

(p.s. bold indicates text messages)

(Taecyeon’s POV)

"So, Yoona-ssi, how and when did you decide to become an interior designer?" Taecyeon asked her in a highly amused tone. They had grown close to each other in the past few days, and today he was interviewing her in a formal manner. Yet, the formality of this situation amused him, and he could see that it amused her too, as her eyes sparkled and she answered him, her voice fighting for a formal tone. "Ah that… it was when I was in my last year in high school. My sister had moved into her new house with her husband and had asked my help designing it. She's about 10 years older than I am, and my interest was sparked at the right time to pursue this course. So I majored in business and did tons of art courses on the side. Doing that I met Yuri and Jessica, and because we became good friends and had the same goal, decided to become partners..."

He interviewed her in the same manner for about another hour or so. Later that day, he planned to go with her to her client's house in order to get more material for his extensive business cover. "You ready?" Yoona asked him after they grabbed lunch. "As I'll ever be" he answered pretending to be burdened, but quickly broke out in a grin, which ruined the effect.

He noticed how easy he felt around Yoona. He had grown dependent on her too for this project, going to her for help with whatever he was unsure of, and she always made time for him. Even on days where he didn't work with Yoona because he'd either be interviewing the other two, or if she were busy, they either went out for lunch or dinner or at the very least spoke to each other over the phone lengthily. She had become a daily part of his life like WooYoung or even like Suzy.

She passed him the key to her car, and got into the passenger seat. "Oppa drive, I'm not in the mood" he chuckled and she stuck her tongue out to him. "Fine, but then you're going to have to feed me" he . "YAH!... fine, but you better appreciate this!" he grinned seeing her stick her tongue out again. He drove them both to their destination, with her occasionally feeding him fries.

He motioned to her to go on with whatever she planned to do; he'd be watching and taking notes. "We're here. So, today is the day where I go in and consult our made plans with the actual structure, and see if it's going to work out in practicality. This is probably the most boring part of the whole process, as all I'll be doing is walking around and almost do this like it's a mental check-list."

They spent about a whole two hours in just that manner; she walked around, a look of immense concentration on her face. For the first hour and half he followed her intently and wrote down what he noticed of her process; after that, he just watched her, enthralled by her pouted duck face. "Oppa, I'm done. Sorry it took so long... are you day-dreaming?" she asked laughing bringing him out of his reverie. "Huh?" he asked completely caught off guard. "Let's go home Oppa. I'll drive" she was still laughing; his ears turned red. Yah! Ok Taecyeon, what's wrong with you? Snap out of it!
-------------------------------------
"Taec oppa, why are you so late? Do you know how long I've been waiting out here? And whose car is.... Yoona-unnie! How are you?" Taecyeon looked from Suzy, who had run to his window, to Yoona, whose startled face was slowly breaking out into a bright smile. "Suzy-ah. I'm good, how are you?" she asked with a wink. "Unnie, I'm good. Thanks for last time!" she winked back. Taecyeon was still looking back and forth between them, as the two broke out in giggles.
"Come in unnie. Have dinner with us tonight" Taecyeon dumbly nodded as the Yoona clasped Suzy's arm and walked towards his apartment.

WooYoung opened the door, and seemed startled to see Suzy and Yoona hand in hand, and then grinned, inviting them in. Suzy immediately pulled Yoona to Taecyeon’s room (which she used when she came over), after WooYoung greeted her. "They know each other?" WooYoung asked Taecyeon. "I don't know man. As far I was concerned, I thought that this was their first meeting. Clearly not..." Taecyeon replied still surprised. Then he shrugged to no one in particular, heading to the kitchen. "Let's cook, Woo. It seems we have a guest" Taecyeon smirked, talking loud enough for the two of them to hear; in response he heard giggles emanating from his room.

Both guys struggled trying to make something edible enough to eat for Yoona, consulting various recipes and messing up the kitchen. Yoona came out after a while get a drink, while Taecyeon was desperately trying to make Kimchi Bokumbop (Kimchi fried rice), and Jang Ban Guk Su (buckwheat noodles with vegetables), while WooYoung was miserably failing at making Al Chigae (fish egg stew with vegetables) and doing a decent job at making Buldak (spicy chicken). “Ummm, smells good. Keep it up guys” she said with a mischievous wink. “Haha! Don’t blame us when you eat this stuff and get diarrhoea” Taecyeon mumbled, looking embarrassed at the mess they had made. “Hey, it’s okay. I’m sure this is going to taste better than anything I make. I’ve only just started to learn how to cook, and I am terrible” she grimaced, while he laughed. She went back to his room, and the two continued to cook, or rather make disaster.

After dinner, WooYoung left to go work, dropping Suzy to her dorm, on his way. "I'll help clean up" Yoona said with a smirk seeing the look of despair on Taecyeon's face at the mess they had made. He grinned up at her. Both began carrying dishes into the kitchen; Taecyeon washed and she dried. "How was the food" he asked smiling mischievously. She rolled her eyes at him before replying "it was good, especially Buldak and Al Chigae".

"So... how do you know Suzy?" he asked curiously. "Ah that, you know... I... just do..." Yoona answered grinning evilly. "Yah, don't avoid the question" he mumbled sourly. She laughed and smacked his shoulder. "I helped her out once......" she left off vaguely on purpose making Taecyeon more curious. He decided to ask a different question. "So what were you guys doing in there" he asked pointing towards his room. "Ohh... you'll see....you'll see" she laughed seeing the alarmed look on his face; "relax; we didn't do anything too damaging to your room. We only just talked to each other". She didn’t expand any further, only just to torture him he assumed. He dropped the subject though, not wanting to seem curious, or desperate to know. I’ll just wiggle it out of Suzy somehow. Curiosity killed the cat, remember Taec, curiosity killed the cat.

“You sure you don’t want me to drive you back?” Taecyeon asked her, making their way to where she’d parked her car. Rolling her eyes for the umpteenth time that day, she declined. “I’m only driving home Taec, not walking down a dark deserted alley” she said getting in the car. She gave him one last wave before pulling out of the curb and driving home, music blasting through the radio. As he walked back to the apartment, an empty feeling settled in the pit of his stomach. I feel odd…. Writing the feeling off as an after effect to the food he’d just ingested, he returned to his room, in the empty silent house, and began working on his writing pursuit. About to call it a night, Taecyeon turned his laptop off, and made a beeline to the washroom. He noticed his cellphone beeping, and, even though his eyes were barely able to stay open, he checked the message. As he expected, it was from Yoona. When does this girl sleep?! So, just because I know how curious you are about what Suzy and I were talking about in your room, I’ll give you a little hint. He scrolled down and almost dropped the cellphone when he saw a baby picture of himself playing with a Barbie. He scrolled further down to read the rest of her message. I can totally imagine what your childhood was like ;) Oh, and goodnight oppa! Sweet dreams! He turned off his phone aghast. Two things he was sure of though: one, he was going to get Yoona back! And second, he was going to throttle his sister half to death. With that thought he fell asleep.


Author's Note

hehe, I decided to update sooner than what I had planned, but only because I didn't know what more to write in this chapter.

Please tell me if the story isn't givng you enough drama, I know its slow moving, but I promise there will be drama by the end of chapter 8, so hang on till then :)

A sad note. I have fallen out of love with the TaecYoon couple. I knew this was going to happen, simply because I love Yoona, and I have no feelings any which way for Taecyeon. Have no fear though, I don't intend to give up on this story. but my update speed probably won't be as motivated as before, because its hard for me to see them as a couple anymore :(

And lastly. I am soooooo soooooo thankful to all the subscribers and viewers of this fanfic. I really appreciate that you've stuck around with this story! I'll try my hardest not to disappoint.

image credit at yoonyulsic's tumblr