Im Yoona

Love's Second Chance - *story abandoned*

“Yuri did you call Jessica already? Is she going to make it?” Yoona asked for the third time that day.

“Yes, for the billionth time, Sica and I will be there by 7 pm. Yoong stop being anxious, it’s alright. Go get some work done, and you know that Sica would never be late for anything, especially today” Yoona sighed at no one in particular.

She put down her cellphone and began looking over the plans of the design that Sica had sent her from Singapore, where she had been for the last few weeks. Usually her work would consume her every waking thought, but not today. Today all she could think of was... well no, she wasn’t going to make it worse by thinking it out loud.

Arggh, there’s no point. I can’t concentrate. She got up and left her office to her car. She drove in silence, trying her best to keep her mind blank, to her sister’s house. I’ll just spend some time with SunAh and MinJae; they’ll take my mind off of… that…

MinJae opened the door to find her favourite aunt in the doorway. She squealed and half tackled Yoona with her over enthusiastic gesture. “MinJae, you’ll knock her down if you run at her like that! Let her in at least, and finish your food before you start playing around with her” SunAh chided looking somewhat amused at her daughter’s eagerness. MinJae sulked off into the kitchen to finish her afternoon snack, so she could spend time with Yoona later. With MinJae gone, the room quickly became awkward, both women at a loss as to where to begin the conversation. “So, it’s the 1st of August today… How are you Yoona?” her sister asked full of concern, finally breaking the silence. If only I knew how to answer that myself! Yoona thought bitterly. “Just like any other day I suppose. Yuri, Sica and I are meeting up and having dinner tonight. Then I’m going home and finishing up the latest project” she replied lamely. “Why don’t you invite Nickhun too, he’d really like to get closer to you hon…” the elder sister said wearily, not knowing what would upset Yoona. Immediately Yoona’s stance changed from carefully guarded to a defensive position, “I thought I told you I’m not interested. I told him explicitly too, that I am not looking for anything more than friendship. You know this. Why do you still try to push for something that is impossible?” Walls that Yoona had put up around her heart were threatening to fall apart, but she refused to show any sign of weakness in front of her sister. Coming here today was a mistake Im Yoona, you should have known she would bring something like this up, you knew she would try to get you to hope for something that will never come your way again. Why do you do this to yourself? I had better leave, before I say something completely inappropriate.

“Yoona...” her sister began, only to be interrupted. “Unnie, apologize to MinJae will you, I think I’ll go home to get ready” she made her escape, despite still having almost four hours till the time they had agreed to meet up at. This won’t do Yoona; you can’t be depressed on a beautiful day like today. If that hadn’t happened, today would be a day to celebrate. You can’t wallow in your pain. It’s been more than two years, get a grip on yourself. So she spent the next three hours reading a particularly difficult book on some seriously hard-core philosophy topic, a book she would normally never bother with, to keep her mind off of her memories. There were only a few days each year that she had a particularly hard time, where she felt lost, agitated, restless and alone all in one. Otherwise she seemed like someone without any troubles. She had a great family and amazing friends; she had natural beauty and had a rather cultivated mind for someone her age.

She drove to the parking of the diner right at 7, and looked around for any sign of her two best friends. She felt a tap on her shoulder and looked around to see Jessica, who wore a discreetly worried face, a sign someone else might have seen as nothing more than cold indifference. They immediately embraced thereafter, not having had seen each other for a little over two weeks. “It’s good to be back home” Sica said with just the barest hint of a smile on her face. “It’s good to have you back, Ice Princess” both giggled at the ridiculous nickname. “Yuri’s late, as usual” Yoona said desperately trying to keep the topic light, knowing full well what is in store for her later on in the night. “I was here before you two, if you’d only come inside, I’ve got us seats!” Yuri suddenly appeared in front of them, looking impatient. After bear hugging Jessica, she led the two girls inside to their seats.

“So… how are you holding up?” Jessica came right to the point, not having the slightest patience for conversations the beat around the bush. Yuri gave her a startled look, before turning her attention to Yoona, her face grave, for once. “I feel like, well hell, but it’s better than last year. I don’t feel like there’s a bone stuck in my throat, and I haven’t cried yet. But I feel… hollow” Yoona came clean. These were the closest people to her, and she could share things with them that she just couldn’t share with her sister, no matter how close they were. But sometimes she felt as though her sister could read into her emotions without having to say a word, which made her uncomfortable, and less likely to be open. Actually being able to get these feelings off her chest was a relief she knew she had needed. That was why she had agreed to meet up with the two in the first place.

Before either of the two girls could respond, a crash sound went through the diner. All attention went to a group of three people at the back corner, a couple of seats behind Yoona. A young girl, of maybe sixteen was making a ruckus, which her two male companions, who looked around the same age as the girls, were trying to calm down. The taller one of the two, who looked like the younger girls brother looked both tired and mad at the scene the girl was making. The other guy took hold of the girl’s wrist and dragged her out through the exit after shouting out for his friend to wait. The tall guy sighed, and apologized profusely before sitting back on his seat, his oddly large ears burning red. Poor guy, he looks hassled, thought Yoona.

After that Yoona, Yuri and Jessica looked at each other, all at a loss of what to say after the interruption. “Well, we’re here for you Yoong. Let’s just drown today out in alcohol; you can just call for a designated driver to get you back home. Or better yet, let’s hit the norebang, and just goof around” Yuri suggested enthusiastically. “I can’t go to the norebang, I have to work on the project” Yoona said dejectedly. “Ok, but let’s still drink” Sica said nonchalantly.

The three began to leave after an hour or so. Jessica went with Yuri (and their designated driver), having not brought her car, and Yoona headed to her car, which was parked behind the diner. As she turned around the corner, she felt someone roughly grab her wrist and pull her into a corner.


NOTE:

Yoona, Yuri and Jessica are really successful interior designers

Nickhun isn't a part of the story, he just made a really really small cameo

Basically what happened with DongSu is that he died (and no, Yoona does not blame herself, or feel like she has bad luck - if any of you thought something of the kind). But she does feel that her chance at love has gone, and she'll never love anyone in that way ever again.

1st of August was the day about 2 years ago that the two had officially become a couple, which is why she was depressed. She will be brigther and more carefree as soon as the day is over

And the next chapter will be the same as this one, except it will be about Taecyeon. As soon as I get the character intros done, the real story will begin :)

P.S. I don't know how to spell norebang....... but I think that's how it's done (--kareoke). and I don't know if Korea has the designated driver service, I just put it in there, so bare with me.