Every teardrop is a waterfall

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

You opened your eyes, as you felt a few rays of light coming through the window and getting in your face. You close your eyes again and think to yourself “I just had the most horrible dream”

But then your mind finally woke up and realized that it wasn’t a dream, especially when you felt the heavy fabric of the hanbok that you where still wearing for the last 3 days.

“I guess I must have fallen sleep after we came back from the cemetery, I wonder who brought me here? But what time is it now?”

----------------------------------flashback---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memories of the last 3 days came flashing back to your mind, everything was like a turmoil of events that you could barely remember everything that happen during the wake. Standing in front of your parents pictures and greeting the people and friends of your family, receiving their bows and condolences, one after the other, had made you shut down your mind and you just acted it out, because you where afraid that if you let out all the pain that you where feeling would had make you dishonor your part as the head or sangju of your parents funeral. Thankfully since the sangju has no much to say, you felt kind of relieved that Jiyong’s dad truly live up to his word and he had taken care of everything else, from taking care for the place where the wake was being held as to serving and taking care of the people that came to give their condolences.

Also you weren’t alone, Jiyong and his mom kept you company when receiving the condolences, so you didn’t had to face alone all the people that show up to show their support. But they weren’t the only ones that stood by your side, all the guys including Hye Yoon unnie and her mom where busy taking care of the guests, so you didn’t had to worry of anything else but to mourn your parents.

The most difficult part of the last days, was the burial. It was raining, but you felt that the heavens were showing the pain that you were holding inside your heart with all your strength; Daesung helped you walk all the way because you felt your legs weren’t able to hold you anymore. Finally, when your parents burial was done and everyone said their goodbyes, the only ones left in front of the graves where you and your friends.

“Thanks” it was all that you manage to say while holding in the tears.

“Anytime sweetie” Jiyong said while covering you with his umbrella.

“Really, I don’t know how I would have managed to survive this last 3 days if it wasn’t for you guys, you put everything on hold…” you were saying, but was cut short.

“We didn’t put anything on hold; this is our way of honoring your parents as well” Young Bae said.

“Yes, we are thankful to them for giving you life and allowing us to have you become part of our lives” Daesung said giving you a soft smile.

“And there wouldn’t be other place than here where we will rather be, Noona, don’t you forget that” Seungri said.

Seung Hyun didn’t manage to say anything, being his usual self, but he gave you a look that you knew in your heart that he really wished to see you smile again.

-------------------------end of flashback---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You finally stretch out and got up trying to figure out where you were. You soon recognized Seung Hyun’s room lying in front of you “Guess this is where I ended up”. You saw a fresh set of your clothes in the chair and headed to the bathroom, 30 minutes later you manage your way downstairs.

“Hello sweetheart, did you manage to rest a bit?” Seung Hyun’s mom asked you as soon as she saw you downstairs.

“Ne, ommonin, but May I ask what day is it today? I felt like if I have slept for I don’t know how long”

“Just one night dear, but is already 2pm so I guess you missed breakfast” she said trying to make you smile.

“Where is everybody?” you ask seeming to forget that it was still a weekday

“The guys left last night except for Jiyong who spend the night here as well, but he went early to go back to work dear” Seung Hyun’s mom replied “He said he will come back later, also Dae said he will drop back later after classes, he went to explain your professors why the both of you where absent this last few days. And Seung Hyun should be coming back anytime soon, he said he will be coming early from work today. But dear, I have soup ready in the kitchen let me get you a plate, you must be starving, after all you haven’t eat anything since breakfast yesterday” she said leaving you and running to the kitchen.

You were grateful that they had open up their home to you for the last days; honestly, you weren’t ready to go back to your house just yet. You pick up one of Seung Hyun’s coats and made your way to the garden, it was still raining but so softly it could barely be seen.

“I knew I will found you here” a husky voice said behind you “You have always love rainy weather”

“Yes, rain has a way of make me feel like it pours and washes my pain away, but now I think that the heavens are giving me rain to hide my tears with it” you said while still having your eyes fixed in the raindrops that kept pouring down.

“Rain does clean, but it also means that it’s bringing back life to the ones that need to feel alive” he said while seating next to you.

“I guess that can also be true. I just wonder how much this pain while linger. You know? I still feel pain whenever I think of the day that Nari died. No matter how much I try to come to peace with it, there is a part of my heart that simply does not manage to toss the pain away, but then another part of me just don’t want to let it go. But now, is both of my parent’s, I mean can my heart ever pick himself up from this mess?” You said while a single teardrop was streaming down your cheek.

“The people that matter the most will always have an important part of our lives. Haven’t you heard that the most beautiful heart isn’t the one that is perfect and has no marks, but the one that is full with holes and missing pieces?” Seung Hyun said while you said no with your head “A perfect heart hasn’t suffered, hasn’t give or receive love, while the other one has being patched up because whenever you love someone, you give away a piece of your heart and if you are lucky you receive a piece of their hearts back. Sometimes we have holes, because we sometimes give love, but don’t get love back; but a bruised up heart only means that we have met the true meaning of love, so this heart is a beautiful one and one that needs to be treasured. You will always feel something in your heart whenever you remember Nari or your parents, because they gave you a piece of their hearts that will forever live inside of you”

You could help but cry at the beautiful words that your friend just said and finally look at him “You are right Seung hyun-ah, they will forever live in my heart and I will forever treasure the memories we shared”

“Now, let’s wipe this tears away for the moment and go grab lunch, I won’t let you lose weight again Sun Hi, you need to eat so you can be strong and keep on living” Seung Hyun said offering his hand so you could get up.

“Ok” you said while taking his hand and getting up, you took one last look at the rain and though “I just have to keep on living”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you guys for showing so much love for my story, your sweet comments sure give me motivation to keep on writing, thank you so much :)