Promise

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

The guys came rushing to the hospital, only to find their friends, Jiyong’s family and Sun Hi on the waiting room in front of the operating rooms. Seung Hyun immediately placed his eyes on his friend that was being held by Jiyong in a tight embrace, but he saw that once again the spark had disappeared from her friend eyes.

“Have you got any news?” Seungri ask with a soft tone.

“Not yet, the doctors just begin the surgery 45 minutes ago, we just have to wait and pray for the best” Daesung reply.

“How is she doing?” Seung Hyun ask being afraid to approach Jiyong and Sun Hi.

“Thankfully she didn’t got the call herself, Jiyong’s dad did, so he send his wife and Jiyong to pick Sun Hi up and bring her to the hospital. Jiyong hyung said that she just nodded when she got the news, got dress and follow them here, but you can see that she is not ok” Dae said leaving out a big sighed.

Seung Hyun approach to the cousins and sat by their side, he could see that Jiyong was trying his best not to breakdown.

“Jiyong why don’t you go with your mom, we will take care of Sun Hi” he said in a low tone. Jiyong just nodded and let go of his cousin. Seung Hyun grabbed his friend hand and look at her eyes not knowing what he should said. Soon the other guys walked to seat close to them and Dae immediately brought Sun Hi into his embrace and keep telling her that everything will work out in the end, that no matter what she wasn’t alone and that she could always count with them.

Half an hour went by and the doctor came out of the operating room.

“Miss Kwon Sun Hi” he said looking for the girl.

“Yes, I am she” she claimed getting up from his friends embrace, but just with looking at the doctor eyes she knew. “She didn’t make it right?”

“I’m so sorry Miss Kwon, we did everything we could, but your mother’s injuries where to severe and her heart couldn’t take the surgery, you have my deepest condolences” the doctor finally said.

“Thank you for your efforts, I will be forever grateful with you for fighting for her” Sun Hi said trying to keep her composure. 

All the guys look confused; they didn’t know what to say or what to do. Soon Jiyong’s mom started crying while being held by her husband. Jiyong just kept staring at the walls of the hospital in disbelief. Soon Young Bae grabbed Sun Hi and hug her, follow by Seungri and Daesung.

“It’s ok Sun Hi, is ok to cry, you have us to cry, you are not alone, please don’t hold it in, let it go” Seung Hyun said pulling her into his embrace, “I am here for you” he finally whisper to her ear. That’s was enough for Sun Hi to broke down in tears.

“Why God, why again? Wasn’t enough to take Nari from me, now you take my parents away” you started screaming in desperation.

“Let it out silly girl, let it all out” Seung Hyun said embracing his friend tighter, afraid that if he stop doing it he might lose her forever.

Soon, Jiyong dad walk to his niece and said that she didn’t had to worry about a thing, that he would take care of everything for the funeral and the service, with that he took his leave together with his wife. Jiyong was being held by Young Bae until he manage to put himself together again, but as soon as his parents left he took over Seung Hyun’s place at Sun Hi’s side.

“Sun Hi dear, Oppa is always going to be here for you, you are never going to be alone, you are not only my blood, you are my precious little sister, and nothing will ever change that, please remember how much I love you” Jiyong said trying to hold back his own tears. Sun Hi just nodded and cry herself to sleep in his cousin's arms.

“We should take Sun Hi home, she needs to rest, we all should rest, so we can be ready to assist her in whatever she may need” Young Bae said and the others agree with him.

“But home where hyung?” Seungri said “where are we going to take her? To her place, to Jiyong’s house?”

“We should all go to my place” Seung Hyun said “is the closest to both Jiyong and Sun Hi’s houses, but is a neutral zone for the moment, let just go there, I already let my sister know about the situation and she told my mother, let’s go there and rest while we can”

Dae pick up Sun Hi from Jiyong’s arms and carry her to the car, trying his best not to wake up her friend. “Look at her guys, she looks so peaceful” he said holding the lump on his throat at the sight of seeing his friend so helpless.

Soon they had arrived to Seung Hyun house, where his mom was waiting for the guys in the living room.

“My sweet poor girl, she has suffered so much in life… I just hope she can pull through this one” Seung Hyun’s mom said while looking at Sun Hi.

Dae insist on carrying Sun Hi all the way to Hye Yoon unnie’s bedroom, so she could rest more comfortably. After that he went to join the rest of the guys downstairs.

“Where is Jiyong hyung?” Dae ask as soon as he joined the group.

“Ommoni convince him to sleep, so Young Bae took him to Seung Hyun’s room” Hye Yoon replied.

“What a tragedy…. This night was like a nightmare I just wished we could wake up from it” Seungri said.

“But unfortunately this is the reality maknae, all we can do now is become the family that Sun Hi just lost, we need to show her how much life is worth so she won’t shut herself again” Seung Hyun said “ I promise Sun Hi’s dad in the past that no matter what I wouldn’t let his daughter loose the spark she has in her eyes and I plan to honor my word until the last of my days”

“When did you make that promise hyung?” Dae asked surprised at the sudden revelation of his reserved hyung.

“The day we manage to bring Sun Hi back from her hollow state. He made both Ji and I promise that we will always look out for his daughter no matter what happen”

“Well, that promise will also be honor by us hyung” Daesung said “we became a family 9 years ago, but we will remain as one for the rest of our lives”.

“yes, we will be a family and a support for each other forever, no matter the sacrifices we might have to make” Seung Hyun said to himself looking how the first rays of light where making his way through the windows. 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you my subscribers for showing love to my story, im forever grateful to you /bows/ also to you silent readers thanks!!! Im just making a little note to let you know Im not sure if I'll update this weekend coz is my bday ^^ so probably the update will be around monday :) But if Tabi comes to help me out i might update sooner LOL /delusional fangirl/ Thanks and in the mean time, feel free to check out my other story Will You Stand by my side? Thank you!!!