Still alive

Kiss My Love

Raymond rushed to the hospital when he heard the news. Luckily, one of the officers told him, recognizing the alias Vicki was using.

 

He stopped at the door, breathing hardly as he watched the doctor checking her. He noticed she was shivering. He also saw the white bandage around her neck.

 

“How is she, doctor?” he asked before finally noticing a man leaning against the wall with his sight to the room. He cocked an eyebrow at the man but this man was ignoring everything else except for the people in the room.

 

“Excuse me. Are you the person who found this girl?” he asked using his police voice.

 

The man looked at him and quickly stood still. Raymond took out a pen and a notebook. He could guess what happened but he still needed to do the report.

 

“A man was holding onto her. He ran away when I came,” the man explained.

 

“Do you see his face?” Raymond asked before turned to look at the doctor who just came out. “Doctor, can I meet you later?”

 

The doctor looked at Raymond and Vic. “Which one of you is the patient’s family member?” he asked.

 

“Detective Lam,” Raymond showed his card before cocked an eyebrow at the man who found her.

 

“I’m Vic,” the man introduced himself before looked at the room where Vicki was. It brought puzzle to Raymond but he kept quiet.

 

“Ray?” both turned to look at the still shaking Vicki.

 

“Are you alright? I need to speak with the doctor first, okay?” Raymond said gently, touching her neck gingerly.

 

“Still painful?” he asked and she shook her head.

 

“Detective Lam, do you know her?” the doctor asked.

 

“Vicki?” Vic choked out to her before taken back when Raymond stared at him.

 

“Kiss, do you know him?” Raymond asked, pulling Vicki to stand behind him. Vicki clutched his shirt, hiding herself from Vic when she finally noticing the person who kept standing not far from her in the hospital. Her past. Her ex-boyfriend who dumped her without a reason. The person who dumped her heartlessly.

 

“No. I don’t know him. I want to go home, please?” she choked out, holding tightly to Raymond.

 

“Kiss? What are you talking about? She’s Vicki. You are Vicki, right?” Vic choked out, trying to get to her but the policeman stopped him.

 

“She said she doesn’t know you so please stop bugging her. I am thankful for you saving my sister but my sister has gone through a trauma. If you have anything else you remember about the attacker, you can tell me at the station.”

 

The doctor checked the board in his hand before at the three of them. He cleared his throat to grab their attention. “Excuse me, I don’t mean to interrupt you but I have other patients to go. Detective Lam, your sister is just in shock. The wound around her neck is not deep. Take this prescription to the counter to get the medicine. Excuse me,” he left them and went to his room.

 

“I want to go home. I’m tired,” Vicki tugged Raymond’s hand.

 

“Let’s take your medicine,” Raymond told her gently before threw a warning look at Vic. Then, he took her hand and walked toward the counter.

 

“You are Vicki. You’re not dead,” Vic choked out but no one even looked at him. His eyes followed behind the woman whom he believed was Vicki. It should be Vicki. He had no doubt of it. However, Vicki did not have a brother. She told him during their relationship that she was the only child, living with her grandmother. Of course at that time he had no interest in knowing everything about her. She was the one who wanted him to be her boyfriend and...

 

Vic closed his eyes, trying to forget the hurt expression on Vicki’s face when he broke up with her. He expected her to cry but she just accepted everything without turning into a hysterical girl, not like Cherie who kept on stalking him after he told her he could not continue the relationship any longer. He hated being chained to anyone. He wanted to be free to do what he wanted. The only person who actually accepted his rule was Vicki who never pushed him in anything but when he realized his mistake, she was gone, along with her grandma. Murdered by a thief.

 

....................................................................................................................................................................

 

Raymond glanced at her. She was still shaking. He sighed and focussed back on his driving. Who was that man? He seemed to know her. He seemed to recognize her.

 

“He came back,” Vicki finally choked out.

 

“He?” Raymond asked, thinking that Vicki was talking about the man who saved her.

 

“He wanted to kill me now,” she choked out, shaking as she remembered the evilness in his eyes.

 

He suddenly braked the car. He ignored the horns coming from behind him and looked at Vicki. “You mean the man who killed your grandmother?”

 

“Hey, don’t you know how to drive?” a man screamed as he hit the door of the driver, Raymond.

 

Raymond got out and showed his card. The man gulped and quickly ran back to his car and drove it away. Raymond got back inside the car and drove the car, now heading toward the police station.

 

“He said he found me now. He wanted to kill me. He wanted me to fight him. He wanted me to fight like grandma so he could kill me,” Vicki looked at him with tears wetting her face.

 

Raymond parked the car right in front of the entrance and ushered Vicki to get into the building. Then, he parked his car at his usual place before joined Vicki.

 

“Where’s Sam?” he asked when he bumped into a policeman.

 

“In the meeting room with the boss,” the policeman answered.

 

Raymond let out a heavy sigh. Then, he ushered Vicki to go to the waiting room and then he went to take a hot cup of tea for her. He placed the tea in her hands and nodded for her to sip it.

 

“I know you are scared but we have to go through this once again so we can catch that murderer once and for all, okay?” he said gently.

 

She nodded slowly. Her hands wrapped around the cup, still shivering. She kept hearing his evil laugh. She kept remembering his eyes laughing at her. She still could feel the cold knife against her neck. He was evil. He was not a human being. He was just playing with her. He was enjoying her fear. He was enjoying making her afraid. She was like a toy for him to play. A breathing toy!

 

Raymond went out to tell one of his colleagues to call Sammul once he was done. He quickly rushed back and sat next to Vicki, watching her worriedly. He knew her emotion was shaking with fear. He could only hope that she could at least give them something so they could finally catch that evil man. His sister had suffered too long already.

 

“Ray...”

 

“Yes, Kiss?” he quickly leaned closer, placing his arm around her to calm her down.

 

“You’re going to catch him, aren’t you?” she asked slowly.

 

“Of course we will. Don’t worry, okay?” he whispered gently and she nodded. He let out a sigh and her head gently, trying to make her feel better.

 

“What is it, Raymond?” Sammul asked when he entered the room.

 

“He came back,” Raymond reported and noticed her body started shaking when he answered his leader’s question. He quickly took her hands, rubbing them to make her feel better.

 

“For real? After all these years looking for him, he has come back?” Sammul quickly took the chair in front of them and looked at Vicki. “Did he hurt you?”

 

Vicki’s hand touched the bandage on her neck and shook her head slowly. Then, when she lowered down her hand, she remembered the necklace. “He... he took the necklace,” she choked out and looked at the man with her glassy eyes.

 

The men snapped and looked at where the necklace always rested. She was right. There was no necklace. Raymond looked at Sammul as Sammul rubbed his hands gleefully. “Stupid man. Now we can catch him.”

 

Vicki looked at them, totally lost. She was scared remembering what happened earlier but once that snobbish and mean Sammul came in, the fear slowly slipped away. That murderer would be caught and she would be free, finally.

 

“I’ll go get them,” Raymond told Sammul and he nodded. Raymond turned back his attention to his god-sister and kissed her head gently. “Don’t worry. That necklace can be traced via GPS so you actually help us tracking him down.”

 

Sammul stood up and paced around the room. Raymond quickly went out to tell the others about the news. Vicki rubbed her arms and shivered a bit. Then, she yawned. She looked at her watch and realized how late it was.

 

“I need to go home,” she told Sammul but it seemed like he did not hear her. She closed her eyes before opened them back. “I have work tomorrow. Can someone send me home?”

 

Sammul finally stopped and looked at her. “Are you crazy? He’s looking after you right now and all you can think of is working?”

 

Her eyes widened when his voice was getting louder and harsher. He always scolded her when she was young. Even until now his grumpiness never changed. “It’s late. I want to go home. Ray said you all are going to catch him. The house is safe, right? You can assign someone to accompany me.”

 

Sammul wanted to scold her but he held his tongue. It was no used for her to stay there. She would actually distract others and it would make her afraid once she saw the murderer again. Besides, she was right. It was late, well past her sleep time. He cocked an eyebrow at her attire and make up. “What are you wearing?”

 

She let out a heavy sigh. She knew it. If Raymond did not control her, Sammul or one of the officers would act like a father to her and started to control her around as if they had the power to do that. “It’s a celebration with the girls. I’ve gotten a new job and will start tomorrow. That’s why I need to go back and sleep. Tomorrow is my first day,” she explained patiently.

 

Sammul crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow.