I only got this one shot

Unforgettable

Before you proceed with the reading, you might want to play this as your background music. :) When I heard that song, I suddenly remembered this fanfic I wrote. I hope this could make the feeling in the story better. Thank you! :)

 

YOUR POV

“What am I going to do when I see you?”

"What will happen to me? Will I faint? Oh please no!"

“Will you even see me or notice me?”

“I just want you to give me that L sign, please.”

 

These were the thoughts that kept repeating in my head days before EXO’s arrival. I honestly didn’t know what to do because that will be the first time I’m going to see one of my bias groups.

 

Me and my friends booked a room in the same hotel EXO stayed at. I had to rush to the hotel after my dreadful exam just to catch up with what’s happening there. I was praying that EXO didn’t get there yet because I badly wanted to see them arrive. I wanted to welcome them even if it is only through my presence. While I was on my way, I received a text message saying that the flight of the boys got delayed because of some problems. There’s no definite time yet on when they will arrive. I wanted to be thankful because God answered my prayer. But at the same time I was feeling worried, sad, and heartbroken all throughout the night at the hotel thinking that everything we planned my might fall apart. I was so afraid that I might not see them in the end. I can’t accept the growing fact that I might not be able to see Zhang Yixing in person.

 

I wasn’t able to sleep soundly that night because of worrying. But everything was washed away by the great news I received in the morning upon waking up. Problems were solved and the boys were on their way to my country! I can’t hide my excitement when I heard it. But then another reality struck me. I changed my footware to hotel room slippers because my feet were hurting already due to my sandals.  Me and my friends went outside the pool area to relax while pondering if will we be able to see EXO in the hotel when they arrive. While chatting, a guard approached us asking if we could go down for a moment until the ‘VIPs’ have passed. We did what we’re told and instead stayed on a table still around the pool area. A few minutes after, our hopeful hunch was confirmed. We saw EXO walk right in front of us. They were looking at us waving and smiling. My eyes darted right away to the guy wearing stripes and a face mask. There he is, my Zhang Yixing. He looked like a ray of light, so handsome and innocent. I felt the world stopped except me and him. I put my right hand up and made an ‘L’ sign. Then a few seconds later I saw him raising his left hand and there I received the most unforgettable reply in my life – he made an ‘L’ sign. I am 100% sure that it was directed to me. He saw it, he saw me. I noticed that he was not wearing his black bracelets that time but I didn’t mind it that much because of too much feels inside. No words came out from my mouth, only a big fulfilling and grateful smile. I felt infinite that moment. The song that kept playing in my head explains perfectly what I was feeling during those precious seconds of my life.

 

“I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love”

 

Tears of too much happiness fell from my eyes when the boys were out of sight. I saw them. I saw them with my own two eyes. Just when I was slowly losing hope in seeing them, they were there walking right in front of us looking cheerful and thankful.

 

We went back to our hotel room to fix our things and prepare to check out. Some of my companions are going to watch the concert while me and the rest will just listen from the outside. Number 1 fangirl problem, lack of funding resources. Because of that, I won’t be able to see him perform Two Moons and play the guitar! Those were the two performances I was dying to see from him ever since I became his fan. I promised myself that the next time I’ll have the chance to see EXO, I’ll finally be in the audience enjoying their performances. But the question is, when and where will that time be? How long will I wait to see him again? Will he even remember me? There’s no doubt that I was extremely happy, that even for a few seconds I know I existed in his eyes. But still that last question did a little prick in my heart. It’s impossible for Zhang Yixing to remember someone like me.

 

YIXING'S POV

I thought we were going to miss this other flight again. Thank God everything was fixed right on time. I felt bad because the delay was caused by me and the two other Chinese members, Luhan and Tao. This will be the first time to step on this country for most of the EXO members. We arrived safely at the airport. And to my surprise, not that I am expecting it all the time, there wasn’t much fans waiting for us at the arrival area. I honestly didn’t know what to feel. So we headed to the hotel with much fewer expectations.

 

We didn’t enter the hotel the usual way guests will come in. We were brought to the side of the building and we passed by the pool area. And just like in the airport, there wasn’t much fans waiting for us there. There were only two groups. The people on the first group had all their cell phones and cameras out ready to take pictures and videos of us. While the second group was just standing there, not holding any gadgets on their hands, just looking at us with smiles on their faces.

 

My eyes darted to this one girl from the second group. She was wearing a light pink blouse with her hair falling slightly below her shoulders. She seemed calm and nice but there’s one thing that quite didn’t fit her look, she was wearing what I believe are the hotel slippers. Didn’t she expect that she was going to see us? Or did she wear that on purpose? Whatever her reason may be, I found her already amusing. I was lost in my train of thoughts when suddenly I noticed her raising her right hand and did the sign I was waiting from the moment we arrived at the airport, she did an ‘L’ sign. I couldn’t explain the happiness and satisfaction I felt when I saw it. It felt like the world had stopped and it was only me and her who could understand each other. I remembered that I lost my black bracelets my mom gave to me when I saw here blue bracelet; but I quickly erased that thought and immediately replied to her with my ’L’ sign. I saw her eyes sparkled even behind her eyeglasses. Her sweet and grateful smile after I did my gesture made my day. Thanks to her, I didn’t feel invisible anymore. Thanks to her, I know I’ll have a reason to return to this country because I know someone will be waiting for me. I’m just hoping she would be in the audience during the concert. I was afraid of the possibility that that might be the first and last time I’ll see her.

 

I wasn’t able to spot her from the audience during the concert. I just thought that maybe she was watching from the far end that’s why I couldn’t see her. But what if she didn’t watch the concert at all? What if she didn’t see me dance Two Moons and play the guitar? I don’t know why but I wanted her to see me perform those live. I feel like she deserves to see it. I was back to my senses and we were already on our flight back to Korea. One thing is for sure, I could never forget the girl with the hotel slippers.  The first girl who made me feel that I, Zhang Yixing, existed in that foreign place. 

 

 

 

Author's note:

This is my first time writing a fan fiction. Sorry if I made some mistakes in grammar, spelling and other similar things. Please bear with me. Also, please feel free to give your comments and suggestions on how I could improve my writing. Hope you liked the story, at least.  Thank you for taking time in reading it. :D