Party

Halves

 

He hates to wait. He told her that before. And that seriously explain the paleness of her face and the drumming of her heart when she arrived at the porch where the limousine, or more accurately, limousines, are waiting. She was late and perfectly aware that shwe might have to face the consequences of that. He was leaning against one of the limos with the other boys by the time she reached there. The moment his eyes met her’s, he turned around and enter the front passenger’s seat beside the driver. A small whimper escaped her lips as she ran to the limo’s side, face pale as the limo already makes a slow move forward.

 

Oppa is mad.. he’s mad at me. I’m sorry oppa. I really am.” The girl croaks softly while fiddling with her dress. An action that she knows too well that Kibum will disapprove

 

I’m sorry. Please don’t be mad. I’m sorry..” She knew it was useless. She knew Jinki won’t hear her apology.

 

“For what?

 

Which was why Min Ran jumped out in surprise as she realized that the voice belongs to the man that she could have sworn he was in the recent moving limo.

 

F-for being late, that you.. decided to go without me..” she stuttered and look at Jinki with her pale face.

 

Naah. I had to go back in there to take this. But being a joker froggy is, he decided to play a prank on you and stepped on the pedal while I was still in there” his voice was tinted with a hint of amusement as he gently placed a beautiful crystal hairpin in her palm, careful not to hurt Min Ran’s bruised wrist and chuckles looking at her amazed face. “But I need to make a detour. You will go with Jonghyun and Kibum. We shall meet at the party”

 

The girl nods gently at Jinki’s order, eyes still fixed at the man as he turned his back around and entered the limo.

 

Jonghyun, who had been watching all the while waves excitedly at Jinki and Minho.

 

“Bye Hyung, Minho. Don’t miss me ey?”

 

 The limo’s dark window was scrolled down as Minho’s face slowly appears “Fat chance Dino.” With that, the limo speed away leaving the area.

 

 “hey shortie. What are you doing? We ‘re already late.”

 

That earns him a look from the girl.

 

“That word, coming from you? Pfft”

 

You know, you would be dead by now if I hadn’t known you any better”

 

~~

 

Its funny how your life can take a drastic turn in the blink of an eye. How you are suddenly pulled from your dreaded dark,miserable  gloomy hole and into a place with too much brightness that you are blinded by the light. It is a completely different place. But on the other hand, it means just the same. In the end,

 

You still cant see.

 

“Rann?” a soft angelic voice stops my trance state as she called out my name. Hwang Hee Young. The same girl who was with me on the previous party that I attended with oppa. Who would have thought that this soft-spoken girl is actually the other half of that super hyped up Kim JongHyun? Life sure is full of wonder.

Yes?

You look like you are so deep in your thoughts. Is there anything that is bothering you right now?”

Well, I guess there is no point in trying to hide..

do you know anything about partner, Young?” I asked hesitantly, and I know Kibum, Jonghyun and the other girl are listening.

 

as a matter of fact, I do” I was so excited that I was about to attack her with my questions, but I noticed that she was looking at the mirror with a kind of smile that only then have I seen it for the first time. It didn’t take me long to figure that she was staring at the dino, and its not really a surprise that the dino was staring at her too. After a while, her eyes landed on mine again.

 

But you have to understand it yourself, Rann”  I let out a small sigh after she gave me that answer. Its wasn’t that long until I heard another feminine voice. And it belongs to a girl that I just met a while ago, Choi Jinri, Minho's little sister.

 

“Its not for others to tell you what it is all about, it is for You to find it out for yourself”

 

 

~~

 

It seems to me that this party is a lot different than the party that I attended before. And after a while, I realized that the comparison that I just made is superbly invalid, considering that the previous party was actually a birthday party, while this one here is.. unknown to me. Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho and Taemin are already here since an hour ago. But the one that I want to see the most is still nowhere in sight. I know that these group of people are totally different from the people that I used to be with, be it on how they dress, talk, or socialize. Its all new to me. Oppa’s absence isn’t exactly what I needed right now.

 

And to make it worse, there is definitely something wrong with the boys. The hint of playfulness in their voice are unmistakenly gone and replaced with a deadly serious and tight tone. How can that be a help for a girl that is on the verge of a panic attack?

 

“Stay close to us, you got that Rann?”

 

“Wouldn’t want you dead on the very first day”

 

 “What?”

 

“heh. Just kidding.. Well, at least a part of it”

 

~~

Minho’s

 

“heh. Just kidding.. Well, at least a part of it”  I tried to joke around with the girl. This is really not the time for a chitty chat, but seeing that the girl’s face grew whiter than my sister, Sulli’s, in just a second,  well.. lets just say it is not healthy for a normal human being to be in that kind of a situation. A nudge on my ribs forced me to give my full attention back to the surrounding.

 

Guess Jonghyun and Taemin  are getting a bit too tensed now. Who can blame the boys when their own respective partners are in this plan too.  “This isn’t the time to be so lax. Keep your guard up. And Jin hyung isn’t here. We should take her to a secluded place”

 

 

And so we did.The only thing that worries me up is the whereabout of our leader. He is supposed to be here by half an hour ago.  Here is another thing that bothers me. Hyung is late. But that is definitely not the reason for Kibum to poke me on my ribs countless times.

 

“What is wrong with you Kibum?” I groaned and look at him, only to be signaled to look at a certain direction.

 

Things just cannot get any worse, can it?

 

~~

“Rann, be careful.” Minho mutters softly to Min Ran a couple of seconds before he greets a young man making his way to Min Ran and nods.

 

“Changsun-sshi, s-”

 

Kibum seems to try making a conversation with the so called Changsun, but it looks like the new man has no interest on the earlier man. Instead, he walked up straight to the girl with a confused look on her face.

 

“Min Ran?”

 

“yes”

 

~~

A blink of an eye is what it all takes for the man to turn Min Ran around and pin her hand to the back. The mysterious man quickly pulled out a small gun from his sleeves and pointed the gun on the girl’s head.

 

“Where is Lee Jinki?”

~~

Anyone ever heard of ACCA/ICAEW?