Introtrotro

Halves

 

She always sees the man with a different kind of book on his hand in his free time. That explains why the house has its own library connected to the man’s home office. The man never said that, but Min Ran assumed it is his office, considering how that man prefers to be in that room whenever he feels the need to complete his work. Strangely, the man will only read in the library when the clouds are crying and the sun shies away. He prefers to read outdoors. Not that she complained about it. Of course she won’t. It makes it easier for her to stare at the man without being caught. Min Ran loves the way his small eyes move to the left and right while reading those words in the book. She loves how a smile suddenly appears on his plump lips, a sign showing he is either amused or happy with what he is reading. She loves the way he sits still and the way he crained his neck and other muscles after a time too long being a statue. She will always find an excuse to be by the man’s side whenever that man is reading. Which is why she why she spent the last two hours baking what-ever-name-cookie so she can send it to the reading man.

 

Boo!” a sudden tap on her shoulder startled her greatly from her ogling routine that the handle of the tray she is holding slipped out of her hold and crash down to the floor. Min Ran squints her eyes and look at the culprit by the eyes.

 

ops sorry~ Daa~” and just like that the man that has a resemblance of a dino sprints to the door, laughing cheekily before the poor girl can even process what he just said.

 

My cookies!! Pabo dino” Min Ran grumbles under her breath, her small hands work quickly in cleaning up the mess. Men. They will never know how hard it is to slave yourself in the kitchen for hours. Well at least some of them don’t.  She takes one last glance at the reading man’s seat and sigh when the man is no longer there. Probably because of the noisiness just now. Looking back at the messy tray on his hands, she screams a bit at the sudden appearance of a pale white hand with a black nails making its way to hold the tray that she is holding, only to be smacked by that particular hand that belongs to Kibum.

 

Yah! I’m just trying to help!” Kibum rolled his eyes as a matter of factly. After a while the annoyed voice turns to a joyous laughter “I bet its Dino’s fault, huh?” and the laughter turns louder when all he gets as a reply from the girl is a slurred sentences of a sulkish mumble.

 

They are already in the kitchen to clean the mess that had just occurred when Minho comes in with a mug on his hand. “Your language is too high of a standard that my mind can’t seem to register what you just said, Rann”.

 

Another familiar face makes his way into the kitchen as the figure opens a refrigerator to search for his favourite banana milk. “Give her a break hyung. Its not her fault that she is a perfect little thing to get bullied.”

 

That earns him a look from Min Ran. “Ha. Ha. So funny. Pfft.”

 

Minnie?” The girl that is currently being a joke at the moment look up excitedly as she recognizes whose voice is that.

 

“Ne oppa?”

 

“We are going to a function tonight. Get ready by 6. The dress is ready for you on my bed. Wear it.” The man’s voice is gentle and yet firm. The 3 boys in the room nods and high-5 each other, clearly happy because of what the man had just said. He showed a small smile and leaves the place with a book still in his hand.

 

Min Ran’s face clearly shows a hint of a shocked by what Jinki had just said. A sigh escaped her small lips as she looks at the others in the room.

 

~~

 

I guess Taem oppa saw this. Concerned look is clearly shown on his face. “what is with the long face? Aren’t you happy Rann ah?”

 

Its not that I’m unhappy. It just feels.. weird. I havent been outside of this mansion for sometime. ” Sometime? Heh. The last time I remembered stepping out of this house was the first day I woke up in this mansion. The day we went to oppa’s birthday party. And when was that? Oh. I remembered. It was 6 months ago. But that is not why i’m hesitating.

 

Don’t you think that is the reason why he wanted to take you out in the first place?”

 

Taemin just laughed at my grumbling and settle on an empty seat. “He is right Rann. Hyung isnt that bad you know” He said jokingly.

 

I smiled softly at the remark. Oppa said I will be outside more frequent starting from next month. Maybe he just wanted me to get familiar with the feeling.

 

“What do you do for a living oppa?” She asked them curiously. I cant help it. Upon hearing her questions, Taemin  hesitates for a while and looks at Jonghyun, Kibum and Minho. They exchange a knowing glances before Kibum oppa waves them off and said slowly.

 

“I don’t know what to call it either. Maybe a service business will be more likely. We all work in the same ‘company’. And Jin Hyung is the.. Ceo.” Kibum smiles softly and one can clearly see the look of relief at their faces, and she nods gently.

 

and Board of Director. And shareholder. Basically he decides on everything” Jonghyun oppa added with a joke, earning a laughter from the others.

 

Not that we mind. Jin Hyung is the best, and he knows when is the time to wage a wa-”  Taemin oppa suddenly gasp and close his mouth while looking at the water. “oho.. hiccup. Don’t mind me” and with that he just gurgled down the whole bottle of cold water, eyes avoiding anyone’s.

 

Minho laughs awkwardly and claps hand slowly. “Quite an achievement for a man that barely reaches 30 huh? Oh look at the time. You better get ready. Off you go” and with that the tall guy drags Min Ran to Jinki’s room.

 

what was that all about Taemin? You almost spilled it” Kibum’s voice comes out as a hiss as he tries to be cautious.

 

Key is right Taem. Let her know it by herself, or its better if Jin Hyung told her bout it.

 

~~

Another party huh? I head for the bed after I had my shower. Time is running so I search for the dress oppa told me to wear. I smiled a little at the dress I’m holding. Baby blue knee length gown with a flowery wrap on top. I only have the privilege to hold a lady’s dress twice in my life. The first time was given to me by oppa 6 months ago. And the second is this. I entered the walk in closet to change into the dress.

 

~~

By the time Min Ran is inside the closet, Jinki is already waiting outside with a towel hanging loosely around his waist and a bathrobe covering it. He smiles softly while waiting for Min Ran to come out.

 

A party.. But I dowanna go.. and see him like that” a small sigh is heard from inside the closet and upon hearing that, the beautiful smile decorating his lips disappeared just like that.

~~

 

I went out of the closet only to be greeted by the sight of Jinki oppa in a bathrobe with a.. tensed face. I started to tremble as I recognized that kinda expression somewhere in the back of my memories.

 

Lucifer.

 

I can only close my eyes tight when I feel him pushing me to the wall, hands grabbing my wrist so hard that I’m sure it’s going to leave an angry bruises at the spot. This is expected.

 

It is okay..

It will be over soon

Why?

it is okay

But why?

Just accept it

It hurts

It hurts more to leave him

 

~~~

 

why?!!” The man hisses dangerously as he press the girl’s body on the wall. “You’d rather go with another guy is that it?

 

The thought alone makes the man’s heart twitches as he clutches the girl’s frail shoulder and bangs the girl’s weak body on the wall again, angered and saddened at the same time.

 

oppa..” the girl made no movement to push him away, she just whimpers the man’s name weakly.

 

Ejin oppa.. please” the pleading turns weaker as the girl reaches for the man’s cheek and caress it lovingly, a hard task when her shoulder is gripped by an iron hold. But a simple touch like that seems to have an effect on the angered man as he released the girl and push her away from him.

 

Fist balled and gritted teeth, he proceeded to head for the door.  But he is stopped short when he feels a light tug on his shirt.

 

“Its true I don’t wanna go to the party oppa”

 

“I don’t want to go to a party because.. the first time I went with you, I saw how unhappy you are to be with those kind of people.. though I never know them, I can see how it makes you sick when you are around them”

 

“I don’t want to see you faking a smile oppa.. it hurts” I said fiddling with my dress. My vision is blurry from my tears. And my hands are trembling from my fear.

 

 A moments passed, yet she feels like its been years.

 

And when she feels a lovely warmth engulfing her towards it, she let her tears trickle down freely as she hugs the figure tightly. She knows it will happen eventually.

 

The man pulls him closer to his embrace and kiss the top of her head, rubbing the spot at the back of her head to soothe the pain.  Guilt creeps its way into his heart as he realizes that Min Ran didn’t pull away even a little bit after what had just happened, instead she is now clinging to him for her dear life.

 

“gomawo Minnie ah.. and mianhae for scaring you like that, I’m jus-”

 

its okay oppa.. its okay..” the girl’s voice is soft and gentle, just like the way her finger threads the man’s smooth hair. A small smile creeps its way to her lips as she closes her eyes, happy that her angel is back.

 

She hold the man dearly in her arm. For she can never be too sure how long will it last. It is always like this.

 

 

Love after pain.

And pain again after that.

 

Endless cycle.

 

The love of the Luciel and The Wrath of the Lucifer. Both Given by the same person.

~~

Jinki  is sitting on the luxurious couch, eyes staring into space when he felt a sudden presence beside him. Trained to always be alert on any threat, he shoots away and stood in a barely visible defensive mode.

 

Wow. Its been a while since you left the action field and spent your time in the office. Looks like you’re still an ace Hyung” Taemin says jokingly. He chuckles when all he receives as a reply is a snort from the older.

 

How bad is it Taemin?” the voice of the older is soft and barely inaudible even for the guy beside him.

 

Her wrists and shoulders are bruised. But Kibum hyung knows how to handle it, so kokchongma hyung. You were doing great these days. What happened?”

 

Minutes of long silence followed after Taemin’s last question, proving the older’s reluctance to answer it.

 

Does she knows what kind of party this is?”

 

No.”

 

A small gasp is heard from Kibum’s mouth as he walked in just in time to hear what the two guys are saying. “That’s ridiculous hyung! That means she isn’t prepared for it??”

 

“Indeed. And that is just the way I want it”

 

~~

 

Yaw shortie”

 

That. Voice. She turned around quickly to the source of the voice and sprint to him. No way is she gonna forget what he had done to her this afternoon. Her precious cookies that she had baked specially for Jinki oppa is gone because of this annoying Dino. But her effort proves to be wasted when she can’t even catchup with his speed.

 

It was never easy to lay a hand on this group of men she had been living with since they came here. For some reason, their reflexes are so quick and their reaction is super fast. She huffed in defeat.

 

“I’m good arent I?” there he goes again with his cocky attitude. She made a mental note in swearing to kick him one day.

 

“how can you be so.. urgh

 

fast? Skilled? Alert? Quick-witted?” a smug look is clearly shown on that dino face as he taunts me.  “We’re just that good Rann ah. Forget about your revenge. What do you think we are? Your ordinary next-door-guy?”

 

“Pfft.”

 

“I’ll give you three guesses about what we do. Surely you can guess by the way we acted, shortie”

 

Oh I know what you guys are” she says proudly. “it was never that hard to guess anyway”

 

“oh.. r-really?”

 

You all have a beautiful porcelain skin, and strong, and fast, not to mention rich too eventhough you guys rarely goes out”

 

The other men in the room begin to worry as they start to frequently glances at each other. Anxiety can clearly be seen in their faces. But only one remains calm.

Eyebrows furrowed and an amused smile is making its way on Jinki’s lips as he watches Min Ran and Jonghyun argue.

 

You are a vampire” The curious girl said with a much of a determination.

 

“….”

 

Silence filled the room after the words has been spoken. But its not long until a loud voice echoes.

 

“ALLRIGHT  THAT’S IT! DID SOMEBODY LET HER WATCH TWILIGHT??!! I SWEAR I’M GONNA SMACK THE DAYLIGHT OFF OF HIM”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Intro? heh. I have a test next week. So gonna be awaaaaaaaaaay for 1 week. Hohohohoho.