Chapter 2

U Kiss Foster Family

Sunhi POV

"It's morning, wake up!!" I yelled at the end of the hallway. I didn't hear a creak from the floors, and not a single door opened. 

"We have school today!" I went to knock on everybody's doors. I pounded my fist on Dongho and Xander's door, because they were the deepest sleepers, but there was no response. I sighed and went down the stairs on my own. If no one was awake in the next fifteen minutes, I would have to blow the morning whistle. I bounced down the stairs in my pajamas, and went to the kitchen. I wasn't expecting this at all, but Kiseop was at the table, writing something on a notebook. He noticed my presence and closed the notebook. He rested his elbows on it and smiled to me. 

"Hey, I heard you upstairs." he said. I nodded. 

"No one would wake up. Why are you awake?" I asked. 

"I couldn't fall back asleep." 

"What are you writing?" I said without hesitation.

"Nothing important." he said and pulled the book closer to him. I figured it was something private. 

"Okay. Do you want to eat anything?" I offered. 

"Oh, are you sure?" 

"Well, I can't have you starve!" I exclaimed. He laughed quietly. 

"Alright, just let me help you with something." he stood up. Now I laughed. 

"How can you help making cereal?" 

"Hm..." he opened his mouth but didn't answer. I shook my head laughing and got two bowls out. 

"Hey, I don't want to want to be impulsive, but can I ask a few things about this house?" Kiseop asked as he poured his own milk. 

"Do you want to know about the house or the people?" I said after I finished chewing. Hey, you never know if they mean it literally. 

"The people. I'm not asking about their reasons of being here, but just about them." 

"Well, Dongho is grumpy most of the time, but he's my classmate. I like him when he's nice though. When he's in a good mood, we get along pretty well. And Alexander. We call him Xander, but he's really funny."

"That was the cheery one from yesterday, right?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yeah~ I like hanging out with him and we eat ice cream together. Oh, there's Kevin too." 

"I talked to him last night. He's a nice person, friendly too." 

"I know. I apparently scared him when he came here, but now he's one of my best friends. We go shopping at the mall together sometimes." 

"And what about Soohyun?" 

"I don't know. He sometimes gets angry at me, but sometimes he really cares. I get confused." I rested my spoon and leaned back on my chair. Kiseop laughed as if he understood. 

"Do you get him?" I asked. 

"No, but you're just funny. And how does Kibum hyung act?" 

"Ah, Kibum..." I had to think of how to explain him without saying too much. "Kibum's really nice. Even though we're not related by blood, he's my brother. He's helped me get through a lot." 

"Why does he call you princess?" Kiseop rested his chin on his hand.

"I don't really know. He's called me that ever since he met me." I said. 

"Then what about you?"

"Huh?" 

"What are you like?" he tilted his head. 

"I don't know, what do you think?" I rested my head like he did. He blinked his eyes, but gave a quick shrug. 

"I think you're interesting." 

"I think that way about you too. It's the first time a new person talks to me like this." 

"Really?" 

"Yep." I nodded. "It's true. Kiseop, what's your favorite color?"

"It's black. What's yours?" he asked. I smiled and stood up. 

"You're the first to take that question without feeling startled too. Mine's azure." I said and trotted up to my room. I shut the door and began to change. Kiseop was truly interesting. He seemed to be hiding a lot though. He reminded me about myself. I finished getting in to my uniform and opened the door. Kibum was getting out of his room. 

"Good morning, Kibum." I said. 

"Good morning. Thanks for waking me up." he yawned. 

"Kiseop's downstairs. He was awake before me." 

"Really? Well, go get ready for school." he said and walked down the stairs. 

Kibum POV

"Hey Kiseop. Why awake so early?" I asked. 

"No reason, really." he said and stood up. 

"Wait, before you go get ready, I need to clear things up." I said. 

"Oh, yeah?" 

"It's the things about Sunhi. Soohyun told me he told you, but he didn't really tell you well." 

"Oh. I like her. She's nice." he smiled. I raised my eyebrows. 

"Not like that. You're here to talk to me about those rules, aren't you?" 

"Kind of. Here's the thing. Sunhi's actually a foster child in this house, like Dongho and Xander. Because this is technically a group home, it'd be illegal to... um... how do I put this?" I had to pause and look away. 

"Have any sort of ual relations, right?" Kiseop said quietly. I looked at him and his face was reddening. 

"Uh, yeah... Sorry, I just can't imagine her... like yesterday!" I yelled. I was still a little worried about Sunhi after her meeting Eli. He was in my grade and I don't even want to think about what he was imagining about her. 

"I'm sorry?" Kiseop said. 

"It's fine." I said and got back to myself. "And also, since this is a group home, you have to watch what you do. But you don't seem like the type to do anything illegal so I don't think I have to worry about that." I smiled to him.  

"Okay. And tell me if you ever need a favor that I can help you with. I owe you a lot for letting me come here." Kiseop bowed to me. I had to laugh. 

"Drop formalities. You're part of this family now, man." I swung my arm on his shoulder. I saw a small grin on his face. 

"You should go get ready for school." I told him as I started getting my breakfast ready. He nodded and went up the stairs. 

Eli POV

It was lunch now, and I had to search for Sunhi. Usually, I'd eat with a few other guy friends, but I grew a slight curiousity for that girl. The only problem was that I had no idea where she sat for lunch. I sighed and went to the second year floor. I looked left and right of the hall way and there was no sign of her. I went to the cafeteria in hopes of finding her, but she wasn't there either. I gave up and went back upstairs to my homeroom to eat. I looked out the window and saw a person sitting at a table by herself. I looked a little closer and finally found Sunhi. I sighed and went back down a few flights of stairs to go outside and find her again. She seemed to just be eating and writing something. I walked up to her, but she didn't seem to notice. 

"Hey, you're Sunhi, right?" I asked. She looked up from what she was doing and gave me the same look as yesterday. 

"Eli-ssi?" she said. I nodded and gave a smile. 

"You remember?" I asked. She nodded slightly and seemed pretty quiet. 

"I'm gonna ask the same thing as yesterday, but is it okay if I sit here?" I said. She smiled. 

"Sure, I don't mind." she said and wrote something down on her paper. 

"So do you always sit here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm usually by myself here." she answered. 

"Why over here?" 

"The plants. They're not dying here." 

"What?" Did she just say something about plants. 

"The plants don't scream over here because they're not dying." she repeated. 

"The plants scream?" I asked. She nodded. 

"It's hard to explain. Sorry if that weirded you out." she looked at me with sad eyes. Now I actually felt bad. 

"It didn't, actually. I was just wondering why you sit here. Why are you alone?" I asked. She shrugged. 

"It's not really by choice. People just don't talk to me." she gave me a blank expression. I smiled lightly. 

"Then can I eat with you today?" I said. Her eyes changed and they lifted. 

"You're not going to call me 'strange' or 'weirdo' or 'alone'?" she asked. I shook my head. 

"No, but I'll call you Sunhi. That is your name, right?" I asked. 

"Yes! Now, what do you have for lunch, Eli-ssi?" she brightened up. 

"Ah, just some sandwiches. I'm from the states, so I have American lunches." 

"Really? Where from the states?" she leaned in, sounding interested. 

"From Washington DC." I said. Her eyes grew slightly larger. 

"So, you were pretty much right next to the Atlantic ocean!?" she shouted. 

"I guess so." 

"I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to swim in that ocean." she sighed. 

"Well, we have the Yellow sea." I laughed. She gave a small chuckle too. 

"I guess I'll deal with that then." 

"So, what were you writing?" I asked, looking over at the paper she was writing on. 

"Oh, this is Xander's math." she showed me the paper, and it was an assignment I was given this morning. 

"Wait, but aren't you a grade lower than me?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I'm just doing it for him. He said he didn't understand so I took a look at it and I decided to finish it for him." she said. 

"But you get it?" 

"Mhmm~ after looking at the notes he took, it just flowed." she explained. 

"Hmm~ you really are something different." I said. 

"What do you mean by that?" she asked. 

"Nothing bad. I'm just saying that not alot of people understood that today." 

"Oh. Eli-ssi, can I ask you something?" she randomly said. 

"Sure." 

"So yesterday, I told Soohyun that I met you and he yelled at me, asking if I was still pure. What did he mean by that?" she looked up in wonder. I gave a nervous laugh, but felt that it might not be the best thing to tell her. 

"I, uh, I'm not too sure. But wait, how do you know Soohyun?" I asked. 

"I live in the same house as him. And Kibum, Kevin, Dongho, Xander, and now Kiseop!" she smiled, forgetting the previous question. 

"Oh, you guys are siblings?" I said. 

"I want to say so, but Kibum says that I'm supposed to call it a group or foster home." she said. So, she didn't have parents? I wanted to ask, but figured that it wouldn't be the best thing to ask. 

"But I'm going to say that they're my brothers anyway." she smiled. I couldn't hold back my small laughter. I sighed as I looked at my watch and realized that I had to go back. 

"Hey, I have to go back, but can I ask for something?" I said. 

"Yes, what is it?" she grinned happily. 

"I hope you don't think this is too sudden, but can I have your number?" I asked. She blinked a few times.

"S-sure. Sorry if i seemed hesitant, I just don't have my phone on me. I forgot it at home today." 

"Oh, that's fine." I said and pulled out my phone. 

"Aren't phones supposed to be off during school hours?" she raised an eyebrow. 

"Um, you see.." I tried to think of a quick excuse, but she started laughing. 

"I'm just kidding~." she said. 

"H-hey..." I tried to think of a come back, but her laughter flowed to me, making me laugh for no reason. 

"Okay, okay, here, just tap your number in." I said after a while. 

"Alright~." she said and put her number in. She tore a piece of paper out and handed me a pen. 

"Just write yours down." she smiled. I nodded and wrote it down. When I gave it back to her, she stared at it as if she was observing it. 

"Um, can I ask what you're doing?" 

"Oh, sorry. Your phone number is very nice and colorful." she looked back up at me. 

"Wait, but I wrote it with a black pen." I said. She bit her lip and seemed a bit regretful. 

"Sorry, it's hard to explain what I said before. You can just forget about it." she scratched her head. 

"Oh, alright. Then, I guess I'll see you soon?" I asked as I got up. 

"Okay. Have a nice day, Eli-ssi." she said. I waved to her and went back to the school. After that conversation, I felt pretty bad for believing all the rumours about her being really weird. We just had a normal conversation, and she was a sweet person. The only things that left me wondering was the thing about the colors she saw and about her family. Did she have one? And the plants too. I was still thinking about what she said about plants dying and screaming. I shook it off and went back to my homeroom. 

Kevin POV

I couldn't stop myself from looking out the window during lunch. I do this almost everyday, but today was more interesting than usual. Kim Eli was talking to Sunhi today. I smiled to my lurking self, and Xander was doing the same. 

"You're happy that she's making a new friend, right?" Xander asked. I nodded. 

"Um, what are you guys doing?" Kiseop asked. 

"Oh, we're watching Sunhi. She usually eats alone, but a boy is talking to her today." I whispered. If Soohyun or Kibum heard me, they would flip the whole school over. 

"Kevin... look at them. They're actually laughing together." Xander said to me. I looked to the side and Xander was telling me the truth. I was extremely happy for Sunhi, because she's actually making a friend, which she's never done before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how was that chapter? Tell me if you like it or not, I'd like to know! Please comment and or subscribe~~ :D