Chapter 1

U Kiss Foster Family

Sunhi POV

I got up from bed extremely excited. Today was the day we would be getting a new house member! I got to my feet and ran in to Kibum and Soohyun's room, where the two were still asleep. The room was silent, and smelled of a mix of strange cologne mixed with a bunch of soup. 

"Soohyun! Soohyun!" I started jumping on his bed. He rolled around but wouldn't wake up. Grr. I needed someone to celebrate with. I went to Kibum's bed. 

"Kibum!! Wake up, we're getting a new person!" I cheered. He rubbed his eyes, but was still lying down. I jumped on his bed too. He finally sat up. 

"Yes, princess? Do you need something?" he mumbled. 

"Do you not understand!? A new person is coming, Kibum!" I shouted again. 

"Mhmm... say, don't you want to go tell Xander? I don't think he's awake yet." Kibum said softly. I gasped. 

"You're right! I'll be back, Kibum!" I ran to Xander's room which was shared with Dongho. Their room smelled of man sweat and the two looked dead in their beds. I would know, I've seen a lot of movies. 

"Xander~! Wake up!" I yelled. They were the same as the previous two; no signs of movement. I slided to my room and grabbed my whistle. I ran to the end of the hallway and took a deep breath. Before I could blow in to the whistle, someone covered my mouth. I gave a muffled scream, but I knew who it was. 

"Let's not blow the morning whistle today." he said and let go. 

"But Kevin! Nobody's awake yet!" I whined. 

"That's okay. Let's go eat breakfast!" he pulled me down the stairs. Boo. I wanted to wake everybody up. Oh well, I guess I can celebrate with Kevin. 

"Kevin, we're getting a new member today!" I repeated for what felt like the twentieth time. 

"I know! I wonder what grade he's gonna be in." Kevin wondered outloud. I nodded and sat at the breakfast table. 

"Kevin, for celebration, can we have pancakes? I'll help!" I asked. 

"Hm... why not." he smiled. Yay! I get to have pancakes! And the best part is, Kevin makes then dinosaur shaped for me! I stirred the mixture we made until it was only a little lumpy and he put some on the pan. 

"Kevin, what's our new brother's name?" I asked as I waited for my soon to be eaten dinosaur. 

"I'm not sure, Sunhi. But this reminds me of two years ago, when Dongho came. You were so excited." Kevin ruffled my hair. 

"Yeah~ I hope he likes it here like I did when I came. I wonder if he likes the color azure. Will he like dinosaur pancakes too?" A bunch of questions about the new member came to mind.

"I'm sure he will. Now here's your dinosaur." Kevin handed me a plate. I drenched it with syrup and began eating my breakfast with Kevin. Kevin was the fourth person to come to the house, and I was in the second year of middle school. He was here because his parents were always working so he needed a place to stay, and he ended up living here. 

"I remember when I first came. You ran up to me and showed me your collection of rocks. You scared me, but I liked you. You had shorter hair then." Kevin reminiced. I giggled. 

"I thought you were pretty!" 

"I am pretty!" Kevin said. I nodded and turned my head to the footsteps I heard behind me. 

"Good morning princess~." Kibum pat my head. 

"Good morning, good sir." I greeted him. 

"Hey, hyung~." Kevin handed him a plate, "Sunhi wished for pancakes so I made some for you too." 

"Oh, thanks. So, from my guess, someone's excited to meet somebody." Kibum pinched my cheeks. I met Kibum first when I was nine years old. He found me shopping by myself and his house keeper suggested I live with him. I loved Kibum like a real brother, and he called me princess for some reason. I really don't know why, but I'm not complaining; he treats me like one sometimes too. 

"How did you meet the new person?" I asked him. 

"I took your advice and said hello to him at the mall. He looked alone, so I talked to him and found out he needed a house to live in for a while." Kibum explained. Hm, similar to me. 

"Hmm~ but Kibum, I'll still be your favorite sister, right?" I asked him. 

"Of course, Sunhi. That's why we only allow boys in this house." 

"So I'm a boy?" If I found out that I've been a boy for the past sixteen years, I was going to find a pirate to attack every living human with a chicken leg. 

"No no, you're a female princess." Kibum assured me. Kevin laughed and said something in English.

"Teach me english!" I begged him. He shook his head. 

"Okay, Sunhi. The new person is coming around five today, and I need to clean the house. Will you help me?" Kibum asked. I sighed, but I knew I had to clean. 

"Alright... and then I'll go shopping to decorate the house!" I jumped to my feet. 

"Let's get started then!" Kevin cheered. 

 

 Eli POV

Today was Saturday; the day when most girls are out with their friends and having a nice time, meaning it's a day for me to head out. I went to the shopping center and met up with two other friends, AJ and Hoon. 

"What's up, man?" I said, shaking hands with the two. We went to different schools, so I never really got to know what was going on with them. 

"Nothing much. You?" AJ asked. 

"Same. Anyway, what do you want to do?" 

"What we used to do?" Hoon laughed, making AJ and me go along with him. We sat at a cafe and lurked our eyes around for attractive girls. We know it's weird, but come on, you'd be surprised by our skills. AJ was already chatting with two girls a few tables away from us. 

"He's good." Hoon said, sipping his coffee. 

"Why don't you ever go?" I asked him. 

"Because it's more entertaining to watch you guys fail." he simply stated. 

"We don't fail." I defended myself. 

"Yes you do, I've been keeping track. But don't worry, you have a higher success rate than AJ." 

"Is that a compliment?" 

"If you want it to be." Hoon sipped his drink again. AJ came back with a paper in his hand. 

"And that is how it is done my friends. I just shot two birds with one awesome face." he sat down. 

"Really? New record?" I asked. 

"No, his biggest record was four in a day, but his failing average is atleast seven." Hoon declared. 

"Shut up. It's your turn, Eli." AJ turned to me. I scanned my eyes, and found a girl eating a parfait by herself and thought I'd go to her, but I looked closer. That was Sunhi. She was a grade younger than me, but I knew who she was. She's the school weirdo who's rumoured to have pet squirrels. 

"I don't see anybody..." I lied. 

"Then go to that one." AJ tilted his head toward Sunhi. 

"No." 

"Why? Because you know you wouldn't be able to get her number?" AJ gave a cocky smile. I glared my eyes at him. 

"Shut up, I could get any girl any day, even if she was the school weirdo." 

"Then I dare you. If that girl's not your girlfriend within a month, you owe me twenty-thousand won." AJ suggested. I scoffed. 

"Fine, and when she does become my girlfriend, then you owe me twenty-thousand won." 

"Agreed. Shake on it." He stuck his hand out. Because I couldn't let my pride down, I shook the hand without hesitation. Then it hit me; I needed to make Jung Sunhi my girlfriend. I actually had to talk to her. 

"But say Eli wins the bet and she does become your girlfriend. What will you do afterwards?" Hoon asked. I shrugged. 

"Just tell her what happened and move on with my life." I said. 

"Hey, go talk to her then." AJ said. Damn, this guy was getting on my nerves today. I rolled my eyes and stood up to go sit by her. She was smiling happily at her strawberry parfait and her hair was wavy to her shoulders. She was dressed in a light pink tank top, and had pale skin. I guess she was pretty, but trust me, there were prettier girls than her. Why the hell did I agree to this? 

"Um, is this seat taken?" I asked her. She drew her gaze to me, and I took a better look at her. She had innocent but confused eyes. 

"I guess it's taken by you now." she said. I blinked. 

"I'm sorry?" 

"Well, you asked if the seat was taken, but you put your hand on it, showing that you were going to take the seat anyway. You have the seat now." she said. I gave a fake laugh. 

"That's a funny thing you say." I sat in the chair and sat across from her. 

"Wait... do I know you?" she put her face closer to me. She smelled like vanilla. 

"Kind of. I go to the same school as you. I'm Eli." 

"Oh, that explains it. I'm Sunhi." she gave a smile. Okay, maybe if she talked normally like this, she could be cute. 

"So what are you up to today?" I asked. I was a little scared to hear her answer. 

"Someone's joining my house today!" she shouted, making everybody's head turn. I heard AJ snicker. I sighed. 

"Are you alright? You seem a bit stressed." she said to me. You have no idea...

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired." 

"Would you like a bite of this? It's my first time trying it, but it's really good!" she offered me her parfait. I was a bit hungry, and I wanted to show AJ that she was already kind of opening up to me. I nodded to her offer and took a spoonful. 

"Thanks. It is good." I gave half a fake smile. I mean, it was a good parfait. 

"Right? Well, you can finish it. I have to leave now." She stood up leaving the snack. 

"Oh, thanks then." 

"But before I leave... what's your favorite color?" she asked me. 

"What?" 

"Your favorite color. I'm curious." she stood there, waiting for my answer. 

"I guess it's purple." I said. 

"Mine is azure. It was nice meeting you, Eli-ssi!" she said and skipped off. I couldn't help laugh to myself. That was kind of random. I took her parfait and brought it back to AJ and Hoon. 

"She's not as bad as I thought." I sat down. 

"But did you get her number or anything?" AJ asked as he tried to take a bite of the parfait. I swatted his hand away. 

"No. But I know her favorite color." 

Sunhi POV

That was interesting. I was riding my unicycle and thinking about Eli. I wonder what made him talk to me, but it was an interesting conversation. If I wasn't meeting someone new today, I would've asked him more questions, but I guess it's okay. And I was in the mood for riding my unicycle. It's a dark blue color. Kibum and Soohyun bought it for me when I was twelve and it's my favorite transportation system. I eventually made it back home, and Soohyun opened the door. 

"Soohyun hyung! Today I had a parfait!" I smiled. 

"Hm. Did anything else happen?" he asked. 

"Yeah, a boy sat across from me and started talking to me." I took my shoes off. Soohyun stopped walking and grabbed my shoulders. 

"A BOY!? What? What did he say? Did he touch you? ARE YOU STILL PURE!?" he shook me. I tilted my head in confusion. 

"What's going on?" Kibum walked by. 

"My baby was hit on at the mall!" Soohyun shouted at him. What? Eli didn't hit me. All he did was say hello.

"Soohyun, let go of Sunhi." Kibum said calmly, "Okay, princess, what happened today?" 

"I was eating a parfait and Kim Eli asked if the seat across from me was taken. I let him sit down and finish my parfait. He never hit me. He was nice. He smelled like the ocean... like that cologne you wear." I swung my body side to side. I saw Kibum contract his body and hug Soohyun. 

"My little... my princess..." he sobbed. I was confused. 

"Wait, you said a name. Who talked to you?" Soohyun suddenly lifted his head. 

"It was Kim Eli! It was English like Kevin's name." I told them. I saw the two turn their hands into fists. 

"What's happening here?" Kevin popped up. I walked over to him and left Soohyun and Kibum alone. 

"I told them that Kim Eli came and talked to me at the mall and now they're angry." I explained. 

"Ohh~ that explains it." 

"Then explain to me. I'm confused." 

"They don't want your heart being taken by another boy." Kevin smiled. I was still confused. Eli was going to take my heart? Was he a doctor?

"Kevin, why are they afraid?" I asked. 

"Because they know what Eli was probably thinking when he was talking to you." Kevin explained again. Kibum and Soohyun yelled. 

"Hyung. Our baby was looked at like that?" Soohyun asked. I never understood Soohyun. He was already living in the house with Kibum when I came but I thought he didn't like me. And one day a boy was apparently getting close to me, and Soohyun beat him up. Kibum explained that he was what you call an overly-protective brother. I was still wondering what that meant. 

"Sunhi, did you give him your phone number?!" Soohyun ran to me. I shook my head. He let a breath out. 

"Oh, thank Jesus. Sunhi, you're not allowed to talk to him." Kibum ordered. That made me frown. 

"Why not?" I asked. 

"Eli is known in school for playing with girls' hearts. I can't let you risk that." 

"Come on, Kibum hyung. Let her live." Kevin said. 

"You're gonna kill me!?" I yelled. 

"No, I would never do that!" Kibum pulled me to his arms and hugged me tightly. That scared me. Except I sometimes wonder what it felt like to die. 

"Sunhi~ I have ice cream~." I heard Alexander. 

"Kibum! I need to go share ice cream with Xander!" I said, trying to get out of his grasp. 

"O-okay." he said and let me go. I ran to the dining room.

"Xander, what's wrong with Kibum and Soohyun?" I asked. 

"My guess is that they don't want to let you go." Xander said. I do not understand these boys. Or boys at all. Like, what was Eli thinking when I was talking to him? All I know about him is that he likes the color purple, which I will not argue with. My favorite type of purple is the purple on amethyst. It was pretty. 

"What are you thinking about?" Xander asked with a mouth full of ice cream. 

"The color purple." I said. 

"I like pink." Xander told me.

"I like lunch pails." 

"Strawberries."

"Horses." I said. I liked playing this game. Xander was the best at it. I wanted to continue playing, but there was a ring at the door.

"Is that possibly..." he smiled to me.

"The new person?!" I jumped to my feet and jumped up and down with Xander. We both ran to the door where Kibum and Soohyun were still sobbing with each other, and Kevin was trying to calm them down.

"Where's Dongho?" I asked. 

"Somewhere in the house. I think he's sleeping." Kevin said. 

"DONGHO!! PLEASE COME DOWN HERE!!" I shouted in the house. He came dragging his feet down the stairs. 

"I already know, calm down Sunhi." he said and rubbed his eyes.  "I swear, this new guy's gonna run away once he meets you."

"Kibum! Open the door! He's here! He's here!" I yelled. 

"Alright, alright, calm down." Kibum said. I did as he said and stopped jumping. Kibum slowly opened the door, revealing a brown haired, thin, tall boy. He was really pretty. 

"Hi, Kiseop, nice to see you." Kibum said. 

"Hello... um, sorry to just show up with no warning, my parents sent me out immediately." the new boy said. His name was Kiseop. Ki~seo~pp. I repeated the name over and over again in my head. 

"It's alright. Now come in and meet everybody!" Kibum said, taking his suitcase. Kiseop looked shy and quiet, a little like when Dongho showed up. 

"This is Soohyun, he shares a room with me and he was the first to join this house." Kibum said. 

"Hey, nice to meet you." Soohyun shook Kiseop's hand. 

"Hello. Kibum hyung told me about you." Kiseop said quietly. 

"And this is Alexander, he's nice and he's friendly." 

"Ayo, what's up man! I've been looking forward to meeting you!" Xander raised his arm for a high five. Kiseop lightly slapped it. 

"And this is little Dongho, he shares a room with Xander. He just woke up, so he's a bit grouchy." 

"Oh, I'm sorry if I woke you up." Kiseop apologized. 

"You didn't. I hope you survive this house." Dongho said and went back upstairs. 

"I'm sorry he's a bit rude, he's nicer when he wakes up on his own." Kibum explained. Kiseop only nodded. 

"And this is the guy you'll be sharing a room with, Kevin."

"Oh, sorry I'm taking up some of your space..." he said. Kevin waved his hand in front of his face. 

"It's okay! I'm glad I have someone to talk to now!" Kevin smiled. 

"And lastly. This is princess Sunhi." Kibum set his hands on my shoulders. 

"Hello! I'm Jung Sunhi! I've been waiting to meet you this whole week!" I shouted and hugged him. He was thin, but he was still huggable. 

"Sorry, she was really looking forward to meeting you." Kibum said. I ignored him and continued to hug Kiseop. He smelled like a magical forest. He reminded me of a fairy. 

"H-hello..." I heard Kiseop say. I was happy. I let go of him and looked him in the eye. 

"Kiseop, what's your blood type?" I asked him.

"I'm uh... A." 

"Just like Soohyun! I'm B." I said and ran away to my room. 

Kiseop POV

I was really happy this family decided to accept me to live with them. After being yelled at by my own parents for multiple years, they finally decided to kick me out and make me go grow up. I was worried about it at first, but Kibum offered to let me stay with his family. He warned me that the house was a bit strange, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. 

"Kiseop, I'll take you to our room." Kevin said and led me. 

"Okay, this room is Kibum and Soohyun's, that's Xander and Dongho's and that's Sunhi's. Sunhi's room is forbidden to be in, and you shouldn't knock on her door." Kevin warned me. 

"I'm not saying I want to, but why is it forbidden?" I asked. 

"Um... it's where she deals with herself and she has things in there that she doesn't want us seeing." Kevin said. I nodded. 

"That's your bed right there. Sunhi chose the sheets and got it ready." 

"Why is Sunhi here?" I asked. I know I might've been asking a bit too much, but she made me curious. 

"I can't really tell you... Even Dongho or Xander don't know. She likes to tell the story herself. I'm sorry." Kevin lay in his bed. 

"Oh, I'm sorry I asked. She just made me feel welcome, so I wanted to know about her." 

"Really? You're not afraid of her?" Kevin asked. I shook my head. She didn't scare me. She's the first girl that ever touched me, but she seemed nice and her innocent eyes were really pretty. I thought she was type AB, but I guess I'm not good at guessing those things. 

"Kiseop~ dinner's ready if you'd like some." Kibum poked his head in by the door. 

"Let's go, Kiseop." Kevin got up and walked down the stairs. I walked out of the room, but was stopped by Soohyun. 

"Hey, sorry to be abrupt about this, but I have to tell you something." he said with a serious tone. I nodded, not knowing how to respond to him. 

"About Sunhi. You hurt her in any way, physically, emotionally, anything, you will be kicked out of this house." he said. I comprehended what he said and nodded my head very fast. Soohyun gave a smile. 

"Okay, that's all I wanted to tell you. Sunhi, I made dinner!" Soohyun shouted as he ran down the door. I saw Sunhi step out of her room with her hair in a high ponytail now. She waved to me. 

"Kiseop, I like you. Let's go eat dinner." She smiled and linked her arms with me. 

"I like you too." I smiled and skipped down the stairs with her. And I wasn't lying. Don't get me wrong, not like that. But she was nice. I liked this house already. 

------------------------------------------

So~ how did you guys enjoy this chapter? I hope you guys liked it and I would appreciate every comment and subscription! Thank you!