Chapter 3: Playing games...

Will you ever smile to me?

KyungSoo watched SeHun closely as the youngest sighed and leaned against the wall.

“What’s with you, you can tell me you know…” the older one said to the youngest.
“Nothing. There’s nothing going on with me… What do you want me to say to you? There is nothing special…”
“So could you explain why you’re all sulky and playing cold with everyone?”
“You’ve never heard of people being in a bad mood?”
“It’s not that. You’re not like that. I’ve learned to know you. When you’re in a bad moon you’d rather make a fuss about anything and everything rather than isolate yourself and play cold with everyone… Is it because of my sister?”
“She is not your real sister.”
“She is my sister. I’ve grown with her. She is part of my family. So will you answer my question, is it about her?”
“Why would it be about her…?”
“Well… You’re always like that when she’s around. And she’s hurt by your attitude toward her she had noticed you never smiled around her you know. She is really sad, and I don’t like seeing my sister being sad…” KyungSoo eyed SeHun.
The youngest one lowered his head, his voice becoming an incredulous wisper.
“She had noticed… She is sad?”
“Yes she is… So you better tell me why you almost yelled at SuHo when he had called you SeHunnie just an hour ago, why I can’t talk of HaGi as my sister without you commenting that title and why you can’t seem to be able to smile when my sister is around or I’ll make your life a hell as you’re making hers a hell…”
“D.O, I didn’t mean that… I don’t want HaGi to be sad, on the contrary…”
“What do you mean by on the contrary?”
“I… I wish I could make HaGi happy rather than making her sad…”
“SeHunnie… Do you like HaGi?” asked D.O with wide eyes.
“Yes of course, she’s your… sister” 

The last word came in a trembling voice, as if the youngest was about to cry.

“I mean… Do you like her more than a friend or a sister? Is it why you can’t stand me – your “bro” – referring at her as my sister?”

SeHun didn’t answer but a painful tear went rolling down one of his cheek. Maybe he had been discovered… Silence fell between the two friends, only to be broken by a smiling ChanYeol.

“Time’s up!”
“Your turn” said BaekHyun pushing HaGi and Kai inside of the closet while SeHun hided his face and KyungSoo stared at Kai bizarrely.
“Kai if you do anything weird to her I swear I’ll make you make it up for it!” SuHo warned the dancer who grinned back at his hyung.

Suddenly SuHo’s words rang in SeHun’s ears and mind as he realized their meaning.

“Wait… What? You can’t close HaGi and Kai together! It’s crazy! D.O you can’t let Kai be in the same closet as your sister!”
“It’s the game” Kai grinned as ChanYeol blinked at KyungSoo, SeHun being totally oblivious to the last action.
“Wait… ChanYeol you said we’ll try each game once. This first time was done by me and D.O.” SeHun went between the dancer and the girl while going on with his monologue. “There is no way Kai and HaGi are going to do it too”
“Well… Should we try something else? Like truth or dare?” BaekHyun smiled seeming to understand what was happening as he saw ChanYeol blink. The last one vigorously nodded, smiling even more.
“The person who is being asked will be…” SuHo was fumbling in the beanie again and took a worn out paper and gave it to KyungSoo who read it out loud.

“SeHun”

“Wait, I’ve always been in the closet it’s not fair!”
“He’s right… If you want I’ll do it…” HaGi finally spoke.

All the looks went on her as SeHun eyed her quite surprised and with a glimpse of happiness in his eye.

“No, sorry you won’t be his Prince saving our princess in distress from the game HaGi…”

HaGi eyed the maknae with a faint smile.

“I’m sorry… I tried”
“It… It’s ok” SeHun answered while scrutinizing HaGi eyes.
“So… Truth or dare?”
“Truth” The maknae answered finally breaking the look he had been giving to HaGi for a minute.
“Why don’t you like us calling you SeHunnie?” SuHo asked, taking the lead of the questions.
“I don’t like it because it’s a baby nickname… I mean I’m not that young you know…”
“Is that also the reason you never smile? Is it because you want to look older?” asked BaekHyun and KyungSoo.
“… Yes it’s true. I mean I look really young while smiling…”

Kai and ChanYeol exchanged a knowing glance while smiling and asked at the same time their questions.

“Is it because you want to look manlier?” Kai Grinned
“Why does it always happen when there is HaGi around? Do you like her?” ChanYeol laughed
“Yes I want to look manlier. That’s it I’m tired of this I won’t answer any more questions.”

HaGi watched the youngest carefully. His face had flushed in a bright red and he was painfully looking at the ground. She couldn’t help but feel a desperate hope and a way of compassion toward the boy as the others were teasing him. She put a hand on his while whispering
“I hadn’t the chance of asking my question… can I?”

SeHun was trapped. He had to say no. But he didn’t know how to say no to this soft voice and to the person whose voice it was. He mumbled a vague “yes” his head still low.
“Is it true? Do you like me?”
“Of course you’re KyungSoo’s sister.”
“Oh… I see."

HaGi voice seemed to be filled with sadness as she rose from her seat and headed to the kitchen.

“I’m going to clean the kitchen, I’ll be back in a few minutes, I need to be alone.”

A heavy silence was in the room as SeHun seemed to be more and more miserable, not knowing what to do and what to think. KyungSoo waved at the others telling them to head to their rooms before sitting next to his friend.

“You know you should go and talk to her…”
“I don’t know what to tell her hyung. She’s your sister. She’s a noona. She’s a bit more than three years older than me. I don’t know what to do or what to say.”
“She may be my sister but I trust you. She may be a noona but love has no limits you know, and three years is not that much. And why don’t you just let your heart decide what you will say?”

SeHun watched his hyung who waved at him to go fetch HaGi in the kitchen. When SeHun headed to the kitchen he heard HaGi sobs and his heart broke into pieces. He had broken the promise he had made to himself the first day he had sawn her beautiful eye: he had made her cry. He went toward her and without letting her the time to see who it was; he took her into a hug.
It wasn’t KyungSoo’s arms; the hug was much gentler. It wasn’t her brother hug, the loving feeling was different. A soft voice asked her “Truth or dare?”

She was too sad to even apprehend what was happening and she mechanically answered
“Truth”
“HaGi…  Do you like me?” the young man said while loosening the hug to watch HaGi in her eyes filled with tears.

Her answer was barely understandable but SeHun heard it anyway.

“Yes.”

It was HaGi’s time to lower her head to the floor and to flush in a dazzling red.

“Can I ask you one more question? I know it’s not in the game but I think the game is over now…”
“Go on…”
“Will you be mine?”
“Yes. I always have and always will be…”

And for the first time HaGi saw SeHun smile.

A mind-blowing smile.

A smile destined for her.

A smile she had been longing for.

A smile she didn't regret waiting for.

 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma1ou6Ou981re1tsco1_500.png
 

 

Hope you liked it :)
And for the picture... Well you know I just HAD to ^^