Almost

Flowers, Flowers, and More Flowers

A/N: it's a double update so make sure you read the previous chapter before this one~ 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"If I had a star for every time you made me smile,

I would be holding the entire night sky in the palm of my hand."

 

 

Sehun sighed as he read over the sparkly persian rose note attached to the bouquet of crimson pink roses he was holding with his right hand. It was the crack of dawn of the next day and Sehun had already sighed for the umpteenth time. He never got to meet Luhan again the day before; Luhan never came out. Well, maybe Sehun did see Luhan. Maybe he hid behind a huge disposable dumpster that happened to be by the side of the café. Just, maybe.
 
But that wasn't enough.
 
No, nothing was ever enough for Sehun when it came to Luhan. He could never get enough of Luhan. The way Luhan looks, the way Luhan talks, the way Luhan walks, everything was never enough for Sehun. Why? Because Luhan wasn't his.
 
Sehun let out a muffled groan and ran his slim fingers through his hair. He was in front of Lu Café already. Just like everyday, thinking about Luhan would get him sidetracked about every single thing concerning life. Hell, Sehun even crossed a road without precaution. He crossed it like it was a walk in a park. He's surprised he hasn't been ran over by a car yet considering the fact that Seoul's streets weren't exactly the safest because of the amount of speedy drivers. 
 
"Luhan.. Luhan. Lu--deer--Deer, MY deer. My deer of dawn" Sehun smiled to himself as he stood in front of the back door of Lu Café. Thinking about Luhan always puts him in a complicated yet pleasurable mood. "Hmm maybe I should try the front door today" Sehun walked around to the front and played with the key--that he happened to get from Yixing--with his fingers, looping it back and forth from the index finger towards the pinky and back.
 
Walking with a carefree mind, he reached the front door and fit the key into the door knob, about to turn it unlock until he heard a voice--a very familiar voice-- near the road. With Sehun's hand still on the key that stuck in the doorknob, he turned quickly and instantly recognized that voice. Within the blink of an eye, Sehun took out the key and ran back to where he hid from Luhan last evening, crouched right next to the dirty dumpster.
 
"Why is he here already? It's only 4 in the morning! He's never here this early"
 
Sehun turned towards his right hand where he was still holding the bouquet of flowers. "!" he hissed to himself. It was then that Luhan's words became coherent to him.
 
"Why does the package have to be sent out so early today?! I hate waking up so god-damn-early" Luhan fumed.
 
Luhan took out his key from his back pocket and unlocked the door. Without any suspicion, Luhan walked right in just like he would any other day and headed towards his office, ready to get some sleep before the postman comes to drop off a new package of coffee beans. 
 
 
 
 
 
Ring Ring Ring Ring
 
 
Yixing let out an irritated groan and reached for his phone under his pillow. Still half-asleep, he managed to groggily press the answer button and did not hesitate to let his caller know that he was not in the mood for a morning call.
 
"Who the are you? Why the are you calling me? Who gave you the ing right to call me this early in the morning?"
 
Still half-asleep, Yixing hanged up and left the caller without any time to respond. 
 
 
Ring Ring Ring Ring
 
 
Extremely annoyed, Yixing pressed the answer button again, about to yell at this ing person that did not get his message. Yixing however, was cut off before he could speak.
 
"It's Sehun"
 
"I don't give a bat whoever you are. I don't even know any ing Sehu--" Yixing's eyebrows came together and repeated Sehun's name in his head once and the next aloud. "...Sehun? Dude, what the ? It's too damn early for me to deal with your pathetic love life--"
 
"Look, I'll do whatever you want. I just need you to come here. Now, like, right now"
 
"Let me make this clear, Oh Sehun, I am not--"
 
"Anything. I'll do anything. Just come"
 
Fully awake now and sense coming to Yixing's mind, Yixing started thinking about all the things he needed--or wanted--and figured, why not? "All right, what do you want me to do?"
 
 
 
 
 
"Look, all I need you to do is get him out of there for five minutes, more would be better, but whatever, okay Yixing? Yixing! Listen to me!" Sehun gave Yixing a stern look and earned himself an eye roll from the guy.
 
"All right, I got this man. You've been telling me the same ing thing the entire time" Yixing said before standing up and walking away from the dumpster. Before disappearing around the corner though, he turned back and sniffed himself.
 
"By the way," Yixing paused and sniffed himself again with a disgusted look, "don't make me crouch down with you next to that dumpster again. You may like to smell like but I don't." 
 
Sehun sniffed himself a couple times and came to conclusion that Yixing was most likely right (but he would never admit it to the guy). He should probably stop using that dumpster as a hideout (even though it was a pretty good hiding place Sehun thought). In all honesty though, Sehun didn't care whether he stunk or not because at least he had a decent hideout. But the thing is, Luhan doesn't like dirty people. And that was more than enough reason for Sehun to stay clean.
 
 
 
 
 
A few minutes felt like an eternity as Sehun waited for Yixing to lure Luhan out. It wasn't until Sehun almost decided to step out of his hiding spot when Yixing got Luhan to come out. Sehun checked his watch and it had only been five minutes since Yixing went in; Sehun clicked his tongue. Of course, as expected from The Zhang Yixing
 
 
 
 
 
"Come on Luhan, you have to see this. If you don't, you will regret this for the rest of your ty life; I swear"
 
Luhan groaned, "Why? I hate wasting energy at this hour" but nevertheless slowly made his way out of the café. He turned around though, to ask another question but caught Yixing right at the moment Yixing gave a thumbs up behind his back.
 
"What was that for?" Luhan asked as one of his brows went up.
 
"What was what for?" Yixing replied back without hesitation.
 
Deciding his eyes was playing with him from the lack of sleep, Luhan shoved it off and just followed Yixing quietly. It really was too damn early. 
 
 
 
 
 
Without wasting a second, Sehun ran straight towards the door the moment Yixing and Luhan were out of sight. Quicker than usual, but still as swiftly and professional from all his past experiences, he sped right into Luhan's office. He only had five minutes, maybe six (at most) to do his daily routine that would usually take him about two hours (well most of that time was spent by Sehun fantasizing about his and Luhan's future but that wasn't the case right now).
 
Sehun walked into Luhan's office and he could swear even if he was blind, he would instantly recognize the room. The familiar scent of Luhan's cologne was more than enough to set his mind frenzy. Sehun loved it. Many times he would wonder how much better it would be if he got to smell it right from the guy's body.
 
Still dazed with thoughts of Luhan, the sound of a closed door broke Sehun's thoughts. He took a glance at his wristwatch and yes, just as he had expected, it had long passed five minutes (thirty-four minutes to be exact). "" Sehun hissed once again that day. Quickly but carefully setting the flowers on Luhan's desk, a jumble of escape plans went through Sehun's mind. 
 
Should he run for it?
 
Should he disguise himself and pretend to be the delivery man?
 
But where the would he find the clothes?
 
It already got to this; maybe he should just come right up and confess?
 
Sehun shook his head furiously at the thought. No, not yet. Therefore, making a run for it was definitely the best plan.
 
Thanking the heavens he had a cap on, Sehun slowly turned the knob. He took a step out and just as he was about to run for it, he heard Luhan's voice just around the corner. Sehun's eyes widened and he withdrew his leg back into the room just before Luhan and Yixing walked around the corner.
 
"I'm doomed. I'm dead. He's gonna find out who I am and sue me for invasion of privacy and my face will appear on the news and my parents will be ashamed of who I am and--"
 
Sehun saw a reflection of himself. His face was terrifying but what caught his eye wasn't that but it was what he was wearing. He was wearing his banana yellow school uniform. Running out in that uniform would obviously give away who the he was even if Luhan couldn't see his face. Only two high schoolers worked in Lu Café: Kai and him, Oh Sehun. Everyone knows it can't be Kai; it's out of the bag how head over heels Kai is for Kyungsoo. And then there's Sehun, the barista that practically follows Luhan like a lost pup.
 
Sehun's eyes darted to a small closet in the room, "There has to be some clothes in there." Sehun remembered Luhan would sometimes come out wearing different clothes every now and then whenever he felt like he stunk too much like coffee. Which was incredibly ridiculous to Sehun because all the guy ever smelled like was chocolate cake filled with fudge mixed with vanilla custard, topped with chocolate cream cheese frosting and chocolate crumbs drizzled with chocolate (well that's an exaggeration of course but Sehun honestly thought it was quite an accurate description).
 
Sehun searched throughout and decided upon Luhan's red and yellow jacket. He slipped it on, covering the upper half of his school uniform and almost lost himself smelling the jacket if it wasn't for Yixing's voice booming from the other side of the door. With the jacket zipped all up and his cap covering his eyes, Sehun smiled, the jacket fit him perfectly. But of course he couldn't be happy for long because it really wasn't the right time to be. Slowly, he unlocked the door and peeked through a small crack. Then, he stood a head out and to his luck, there were no signs of anyone around. Taking full advantage of this luck, Sehun sped right towards the door and was about to turn the knob but was stopped by an unexpected sound that was no where near his list of cautions. The sound of a doorbell. Sehun, eyes wide, froze.
 
"About time" a strikingly familiar voice called out. "I'm coming!"
 
Sehun tried to move his feet; he tried to move his hand. But unfortunately his body wouldn't cooperate. His mind flashed a million outcomes he would have to face when he got caught.
 
Luhan came around the corner but halted before he passed the front register. He eyed the man in front of the door. The thought didn't struck Luhan until Luhan realized the fact that Yixing was still behind him, the door was locked, and there shouldn't be anyone else in the café besides them two.
 
Luhan raised his voice, "Who are you?"
 
Sehun felt a lump in his throat and swallowed. He managed to open his mouth but nothing came out.
 
What should he say?
 
His voice was too obvious; should he change it?
 
But how should he answer?
 
"I said, who the --" In Luhan's peripheral view, he caught a glimpse of his office, the door was open. Luhan never leaves his door open, afraid the smell of coffee will reek in. That, though, didn't keep his attention for long because it was what was on his desk that caught his attention instead. Flowers. A bouquet of flowers. A bouquet of flowers with a sparkly persian rose note attached. Even though Luhan was half-dead when he walked in his office that morning, there was no way he would miss the flowers. Luhan could swear his life that there were definitely no flowers present when he walked in that morning. Therefore, it could only mean one thing. 
 
Slowly, Luhan walked step by step closer to the guy. 
 
Only three thoughts ran through Sehun's mind: I'm done. I'm dead. So dead.
 
Standing his ground, Luhan placed one hand on the guy's shoulder. "Who--" Luhan couldn't finish his words though because the guy flashed away even before Luhan could breath out his next word. The guy had just yanked the door open and literally sped for his life, Luhan thought. Luhan saw as his anonymous flower boy ridiculously bumped into the delivery man but still didn't stop his tracks and kept going.
 
Luhan couldn't even move; his mind was still processing what exactly just happened. 
 
 
 
".......what the hell"
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sehun finally snapped out of trance the moment Luhan placed his palm on Sehun's left shoulder. Right that instant, he reached for the door and sped. He could've sworn he just broke Usain Bolt's world record with the speed he was going. It wasn't until Sehun was three blocks away until he slowed down his pace. He was panting hard and realized he really needed to stop being lazy in his physical education class because he was practically dying from exhaustion.
 
While Sehun tried to catch his breath, Sehun felt a sudden vibrate from his phone on the right cheek of his bottom and pulled his phone out. Apparently he had received twenty six text messages in the last minute. All were from Yixing with the same two words:
 
 
 
"ing idiot"
 
 
✿ ‏✿ ‏✿ ‏
 
 
A/N: everything about growl is genius ♥
 
thank you thank you thank you all so much! i never thought i would get passed 10 subscribers when i started this let alone 1 ;~; anw, i'm starting my first year of college in like 2 weeks TTTTTT