Hi Bacon, I mean Baekhyun

Hi Bacon, I mean Baekhyun

Yunji, slightly nervous, was sitting tensely at her favorite little table in the entire coffee shop. Coffee Central was buzzing with business; a light hum of chatter, bustling people walking in and out of the coffee shop, and the whirling buzz of the blenders all added to the carefree, open atmosphere. All this was inaudible to Yunji, however, as she tapped madly away on her laptop, sending panicked Facebook messages to her best friend, Soonie.

 

 

Yunji: I can't believe you would set me up for a blind date! What kind of friend are you?! :(

Sonnie: It's not a BLIND DATE, my gawd, calm your down, babo. He's a childhood friend of mine.

Yunji: BUT I HAVE NEVER MET HIM BEFORE!

Soonie: That's the whole point. He doesn't have a girlfriend. You don't have a boyfriend. It's perfect!

Yunji: Ugh, but still! You should've consulted me first, right? And of all the places you pick, you set us up at Coffee Central >:(

Soonie: Oh shut up you, you'll thank me later! Why are you even talking to me still? Get off your laptop! Shouldn't he be there by now?
 

Yunji: No sign of him... Which isn't surprising because I have no frikin' idea what he looks like. I still can't believe you would  --

 

 

A sudden sharp tap on her shoulder made Yunji look up with a jolt. Yunji was shocked into silence as the guy smiled and slid into the seat across the table from her.

"Hi," he said with a friendly grin. "I'm Baekhyun. You must be Yunji! My blind date!"

Yunji couldn't help but notice how amazingly cute he was. fell open dumbly, as she took in his charmingly boyish look, beautiful eyes touched up with guy-liner, perfect flawless skin, and slim physique.

"Hello? You are Yunji, right? Please tell me you are, because this would be extremely awkward if you weren't."

Yunji flushed when she realized she was staring, and glanced away quickly. "Oh-oh-oh yeah, that's me! Hi Bacon. I mean Baekhyun!" Yunji groaned inwardly as she scolded herself for her stupid mistake. "AGH, I'm SO SORRY."

He must think I'm retarded, thought Yunji with a sinking heart.

 


 

Baekhyun tried not to laugh at the silly, adorable girl sitting across from him. "That's okay. I get that a lot," he said reassuringly.

Soonie was not lying when she said her best friend, Yunji, was gorgeous, thought Baekhyun as he took in Yunji's petite figure, large eyes, tiny mouth, perfect bosom...

, Baekhyun thought, as he looked away from Yunji's bosom area. Yunji was girving him a weird stare. He might have paused a little too long at her bosom area. She must think I'm a ert, Baekhyun thought frantically, turning red. 

 


 

He thinks I'm retarded, right? He wouldn't be remotely attracted to me now, because I called him Bacon on accident. Oh why am I such a babo, Yunji inwardly moaned as she stared at Baekhyun.

"So, do you come here to Coffee Central often?" asked Baekhyun, casually.

"Oh yeah, I do! I get their peppermint hot chocolate all the time! And they have the best fried tofu ever! And the most amazing caramelized bacon bites!" Yunji exclaimed.

Oh no, why do I sound like a fattie, UGH, thought Yunji. And did I just say "bacon"again?

 


 

Baekhyun looked around and waved over the nearest waiter. "Two hot chocolates, one fried tofu, and one caramelized bacon bites." The waiter nodded and walked off.

"My treat," Baekhyun smiled and winked at Yunji's surprised face. God, she's cute, Baekhyun sighed inwardly.

"Omo really? Thank you so much!" Yunji exclaimed. "Do you usually treat your dates so well?" she teased.

The two made more polite, half-joking, conversation. They talked about favorite TV shows, favorite singers, favorite dessert, and family and friends. Baekhyun went into a long story about how when he was 5, and was sitting on a toilet, his older cousin scared him, and he screamed and slipped into the toilet with a huge splash. He couldn't get out himself, and no one heard his cries for help, so he had to stay in the toilet with his sitting in the toilet water until his mother finally found him, one hour later.

At this, Yunji frowned slightly and chuckled politely before saying, "Oh, the food and hot chocolate's here."

Why oh why did I just tell her that story? Baekhyun wanted to kick himself.

 


He's really funny, thought Yunji dreamily. She loved his voice, too.

She grabbed her chopsticks and helped herself to some fried tofu but at the moment when she lifted the tofu to , her hand slipped and the tofu fell on her skirt, the sauce staining the fabric.

"Oops", she blushed as she picked the tofu off her pants and reached for a napkin to wipe off the sauce. As she reached for the napkin, her elbow knocked over Baekhyun's peppermint hot chocolate, sending a wave of hot chocolate splashing into Baekhyun's lap.

"OMO! I AM SO SORRY! LET ME HELP YOU," Yunji yelled as she panicked and attempted to wipe Baekhyun's lap.

Baekhyun had leapt up and he smiled and said, "Oh that's alright. Haha, I'll just go wash up in the restroom. Be right back."

Baekhyun walked off, leaving Yunji, depressedly thinking, I am such a klutz. He'll never like me now.


Baekhyun didn't mind the spill. He thought clumsy girls were cute. When he got back from the bathroom, he tried resuming conversation with Yunji, but she didn't seem too interested in talking anymore.

Oh no, I wonder what's wrong? thought Baekhyun worriedly. Is it me? She doesn't like me?

When the food was finished, Baekhyun got out his wallet to pay the bill. Opening his wallet, he realized with a jolt that it was completely and utterly empty.

, I forgot to bring money! Oh no, Baekhyun thought.

"Hey... I realized I forgot to bring money..." Baekhyun told Yunji, shamefully.

"Oh! Umm sure I'll pay," Yunji said as she got out her money and paid for the food and drinks.

Baekhyun angrily scolded himself, How dare you forget money?! Now she thinks you're a cheapo. You made HER pay the bill. You're supposed to be the man here!

Yunji and Baekhyun stood up and made to leave. As they stepped outside, they turned to each other.

"So... I'll see you around, maybe?" Baekhyun tentatively asked.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. Sure," replied Yunji. "Kay, bye. Nice meeting you."

Baekhyun watched as she turned away and walked off. His heart sank miserably; all the way to his toes.

I don't have a chance. She wouldn't ever like me, thought Baekhyun, as he, too, turned the other way and walked off.
 


After walking a couple of feet, Yunji glanced back and saw Baekhyun's figure diminishing in the distance.

Sigh...  I don't have a chance. He wouldn't ever like me, thought Yunji sadly, and she turned back around and continued her walk home.