Chapter 1.

● The ₩anted ●

Kim Jongin is my name . But I prefer being called , Kai . Maybe If I tell you the whole story , you won't believe it . Never , I say .

It all started that night .

I was on a vacation to an island last month with my friends , Baekhyun , Chanyeol , Kris , Luhan , Chen and the others .

There were 12 of us together including me . It was raining heavily that night too . None of us had brought spare money to rent a hotel room .

How on earth are we going to survive without money ?! Sehun whined .

And how am I going to buy food without money !? Xiumin joined after .

Kris slapped Xiumin's head as he shoved some small steamed buns into his mouth .

Shut up Xiumin . All you think is food ! Think of a way for us to get a place to stay in ! Kris said in anger .

Guys . Just don't fight will you ? Lay gave a seriously look at Kris and Xiumin .

Hey . I have an idea . What about we paired up and find our own shelters ? That would be much easier . I suggested to my hyungs and Sehun .

They all looked at me , confused . Or .... maybe trying to understand my statement .

I kindda like that idea . And the one who failed to find one ... HE or THEY have to treat all of us lunch when we get back to Seoul later ! Chanyeol then suggested another idea .

Okay then . A deal is a deal . Let's pair up and split up now . Suho clasped his hands together and asked the younger ones and the older ones to pick their own partner .

You guys can pair up . I want to go alone . I said sternly .

Oh maknae . Being brave at this late night . You're really a man , Kai . Baekhyun said sarcastically .

I snorted before thanking him in the same way as he does .

Really hyung ? Oh I'm touched . I rolled my eyes .

All of them have partnered up excluding me . Baekhyun with Chanyeol and D.O . Suho with Lay . Sehun with Luhan . Xiumin with Chen . And Kris with Tao .

Kai ... Someone tapped my shoulder as I spun around to see Luhan with a worried face .

Yes , Luhan hyung ? I asked with a smile plastered on my face .

I-i just w-want you to be careful . I'm worried about your decision on going alone though . Maybe you should ask someone to keep you company tonight . Luhan's eyebrows met , showing a serious , yet a worried face .

Don't worry hyung . I'm going to be absolutely fine ! Besides , what could happen ? I let out a laugh and smiled once again .

If only I had listened to Luhan's hyung advise . I shouldn't have been on my own that time . I'm such an idiot ...

Uhm , if you say so then .. Don't hesitate to tell me if anything happens , arasseo ? His worriedness still haven't fade away .

Yeah yeah , hyung . No need to be so worried about me . I can take care of myself . I slightly smirked .

M-mwoh ? Worried ? I'm n-not . Why should I be worried about y-you . I was just being extra caring to my dongsaeng . T-that's all . Luhan inserted his hands into his pockets and looked around , trying not to  make any eye contacts with me .

I see .... Then I think I should be get going now ... I'll see you around ... I smirked as I patted his cheeks and walked pass by him .

Hey guys ! I think we should go now ! The rain is getting heavier . See you guys tomorrow ! Chen shouted at the others , as he and Xiumin ran towards the dark forest .

So we have decided to go separate ways to find our own shelters .... and of course , a deal that Chanyeol hyung made .... I can't lose ! If I lose , I have to spend so much money to feed those hippos for lunch !

Then I took my first step . It was dark , I can barely see the seashore from here . But I can only see the hotel's signboard shining bright as the moonlight not far where I was standing .

After a few minutes wandering around the island , alone and drenched , I finally spotted an abandon-looking bungalow at the other side of the island near the beach . I tightened my grip on my bag's strap as I ran towards the bungalow after heaving a heavy sigh .

I tried to knock on the door a few times but there's no answer .

Maybe there's no one lived here ...

I knocked again on the door a bit harder before and old man greeted me and asked :

Oh hello there . Is there anything that I can help you with ?

Yes . I think there is . I want to ask you a favor ...

The old man smirked as he nodded .

Can you let me stay here tonight ? Just for one night .

Sure you can , young man . Anything ... for my late night guest . Come on in ...

So I went in . The old man showed me the way to the hallway and offered me to choose whichever room I wanted to stay in . So I chose . I chose to stay in a room at the end of the hallway . I thanked the old man as I walked down the hallway all by myself . I glanced back to see the old man was gone already .

He wasn't there anymore . I shrugged as I passed by another room and a cold wind blew , brushes against my skin .

I shivered as I felt my hairs were all standing .

 

● ◉