Chapter 2

Two Different Worlds

 

           tumblr_mfxd0wrsRt1r1km6io1_250.giftumblr_mfxd0wrsRt1r1km6io2_250.gif

The first gif is so funny and cute.  Luhan's so used to xiumin being there he air pats the space.

           Luhan tried to squeeze his shopping bag under the bed before Xiumin got back from his bartending job.  He was trying.  He was trying so hard to change.  Even though the apartment had disgusted him at first, he’d gotten used to it.  Xiumin said he had to endure for a few more months and Luhan was basically using that each time he walked into the small apartment.  He was trying to save the money his caretaker, Mr. Chou, had given him before he’d left.  But there were times when Luhan was walking down the street and saw something he had to have.  And once Luhan bought one thing he had to buy something else and that’s how his shopping splurges always began.  Today had been one of those days.  He’d managed to hide one of his shopping bags in the bathtub, one in the sink and now he was trying to fit a huge winter jacket underneath the bed.  Xiumin wouldn’t approve.  Luhan knew he wouldn’t. 

            The door slowly creaked open and Xiumin breathed a sigh of content as the warm air hit his face.  He took off his scarf and closed the door behind him. 

            “Luhannie?  What are you doing?” Xiumin looked at the awkward position Luhan was in.  His upper half was under the bed trying to fit the remaining jacket underneath while his lower half was sticking out from under the bed.

            “Are you trying to sleep under there tonight?”

            There was a shuffling of feet and Luhan heard Xiumin’s intake of breath, “Why is there a big teddy bear in our sink?”

            “Don’t hate me,” Luhan frowned.  He got out from underneath the bed holding the coat in his hands. 

            Xiumin sighed as he took a few steps to the sink to take out the bag in it.  He took out the brown teddy bear in the bag, “You went shopping again today?”

            “I’m sorry, baozi!  I couldn’t help it!  It looked so cute!” Luhan grabbed it from Xiumin’s hands and hugged it.  He held it out for Xiumin, “I bought it for you!” 

            Xiumin couldn’t help the smile that formed on his lips.  His boyfriend was so cute. 

            “And this coat too!” Luhan handed over the coat in his hands and threw it over Xiumin.  It was warm, very warm.  It wasn’t heavy and it was also waterproof. 

            “Thanks, Luhannie,” Xiumin threw his arms around his boyfriend, “But you should really save your money.”

 

            “It’s only for a while until I can find a better apartment,” Xiumin said.  He held three suitcases in his hand again as he moved it over Tao’s residence. 

            “I feel like you’re kicking me out,” Luhan said stubbornly, “I told you I was fine living in that small apartment.  This isn’t necessary,” Luhan followed his boyfriend into the apartment and waved at Tao who he’d met earlier. 

            “I know you are,” Xiumin laid the suitcases down in the spare bedroom.  The apartment was nice.  It was five times larger than his apartment.  Well honestly Luhan’s bedroom here was the same size as his apartment. 

           “Then live here with me,” Luhan pouted.  He didn’t want to leave Xiumin when he came here to be with him.  But at the same time, now that he saw his new room, he didn’t want to leave. 

            “I already paid the bill for the year so I have to stay there,” Xiumin said silently, “Don’t worry; we’ll still see each other every day.  Besides, at least this way I won’t be going through war: Luhan every night.”

           Xiumin turned around to face his boyfriend but couldn’t look at him.  This was where he would say goodbye, but he didn’t want to look at Luhan.  He felt guilty that he made Luhan move in with Tao. He knew it was the best thing for his boyfriend.  There’s no way Luhan would’ve endured living in that small apartment and there was no way Xiumin could make it out alive for a few more months unless he slept on his dirty clothes every night. 

            Luhan was playing with the bottom of Xiumin’s shirt. 

            Xiumin looked at it and saw Luhan drop his hand, “I love you.” Luhan said silently. 

            Xiumin moved forward to peck Luhan’s lips, “I love you too.  I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

 

            “Shoot!” Luhan threw another pair of pants on the floor and picked up another one to search its pockets. 

            Tao came in and leaned against the doorframe with a bowl of ice cream in his hands.  It was his day off and he usually spent it at home watching Chinese dramas.   Usually, Luhan would join him so they could make fun of the cheesy story lines and gossip about the actors.  Then around 5 o’clock, Luhan would leave to meet up with Xiumin; Tao would show up at the club towards night and then he’d walk back together with Luhan.  Occasionally, Xiumin would come with them and spend the night.  And maybe once or twice Luhan went home with Xiumin. 

            “What are you looking for?” Tao asked.  He spooned some more ice cream onto his spoon.

            “I have no more money!” Luhan exclaimed. 

            Tao didn’t look alarmed.  Luhan’s room was already crowded with merchandise he’d bought since he moved in a month ago.  Honestly, he was surprised Luhan had enough money to last him the month with how much the boy had been buying. 

            “Can you ask Xiumin hyung for some money?” Tao suggested.  Luhan paled at the name and violently shook his head, “No.  I can’t do that.  I don’t want to disappoint him.  I’m supposed to be changing!”

            “Find a job?” Tao asked.

            “Can you find me a position at Oh Corp?” Luhan looked hopeful. 

            Tao laughed in his face, “I’m only an intern.  I don’t have that kind of power.” 

            “Darn it,” Luhan muffled under his breath.  He grabbed a coat and left to see Xiumin. 

 

            “The reason you can’t find anyone is because you’re too picky,” Xiumin teased his friend, Chen, as he pushed a shot glass in front of him.  Chen was the CFO of Oh Corporation.  They got along pretty well.  Chen used to go to high school in China so he and Xiumin both had similar experiences of being outsiders in that country.  Chen was pretty well off and on more than one occasion he’d taken Xiumin out for dinner or lent him some money when he needed it. 

            “I’m not picky,” Chen nudged Xiumin on the shoulder, “How am I picky? I like you, don’t I?” 

            Xiumin blushed and shook off Chen’s hand, “And I don’t see why you do.”

            “Because you take care of me,” Chen grinned and lifted the shot glass as a toast to Xiumin.

            “I take care of everyone who’s too drunk to leave this place.”

            

           Xiumin took Chen home with him on more than one occasion because Chen was too drunk to go home by himself.  But that’s what any friend would do.  He never liked Chen; he’d never betrayed Luhan.  And even though he knew Chen liked him, Chen never pursued the crush so Xiumin had nothing to feel guilty about. 

Chen was a nice guy and Xiumin didn’t really see why he couldn’t find anyone.  After all, Chen came to the club all the time and Xiumin didn’t see any reason for people not to like Chen.  For sure, Chen wasn’t exactly a dance machine (he claimed to be) but he had a nice laugh and a cute face.  So Xiumin concluded that Chen was picky. 

            “Xiumin?”

            Xiumin looked up and saw Luhan look at him and then Chen with a questioning look in his eyes.

            “Luhan?” Xiumin looked at the clock.  He was a little bit early.  He gestured to Chen who waved back.

            “This is Chen.  Chen, this is Luhan.”

            Chen’s eyes widened and he stood up, “You’re Luhan?  The Luhan?  I’ve heard so much about you,” Chen shook Luhan’s hand.

            “Oh,” Luhan was a bit surprised, “I haven’t heard much about you.”

            “Oh that’s okay,” Chen looked over at Xiumin and nudged him with a playful pat on his elbow, “This one’s a keeper.  You better not lose him.  I’ll be happy to take him if you don’t want him.” Chen patted Luhan on the back and with a quick ‘bye’ left the club.

            Luhan watched him go and sat down at the bar, “Is he serious?”

            “Chen?  Yeah.  He likes me,” Xiumin bent over the counter, “But you don’t have to worry.  I only love you.” Luhan closed his eyes when Xiumin’s lips met his. 

 

Hey guys!! If I get 10 comments today, I'll update this story tomorrow!