Maknae Meltdowns

Making it Work

SOMEONE TELL ME IF I SHOULD EVEN BOTHER CONTINUING THIS ;~; -The Author

NO ONE'S POV

_____________

Minhyun sat cross-legged on the floor with toys thrown every which way around him. Only this time he was planted in the middle of the stage, so anyone trying to do their jobs would have to jump over him and his army of Tranformers. And any stranger within 5 feet of the boy would usually get the same cheeky speal:

"Hi!!! What's your name?"

"I'm Minhyun.... Do you like Transformers?!"

"REALLY?! WHO'S YOR FAVORITE?!"

"I like him too, but my favorite's Octimus Prime!!!"

...And so on and so forth for the entire stage crew.

JR walked up to him and kneeled down. "Minnie, clean up and go get your make up done. They're gonna wanna start filming in about 10 minutes."

"Okay Hyung!" JR ruffled his hair some and walked off. Minhyun started picking up his action figures one by one.

"Okay! Bumblebee.... Jetfire.... Ironhide.... OPTIMUS PRIME!!! ...Megatron...." Minhyun felt a tap on the shoulder.

"Oh, hi Ren.... Demolisher.... Starscream....What Ren?! Stop tapping me, what?!"

Minhyun whipped around and was faced with a large orange rabbit with button eyes. Ren was staring at Minhyun with a vacant expression. 

"Your Tosunnie...? ...Are you trying to say sorry...?"

Ren didn't avert his eyes.

"Well...well too bad!!! Just too bad!!!" Minhyun stomped his foot. "I'm still mad at you!!! Aron had to wash all that soup out of my hair in the bathroom sink! And my eyes are STILL burning! Plus, I've seen you drool all over that nasty rabbit! SO JUST NO!!!" Minhyun spun around and stomped his foot again for dramatic effect.

Ren was...shocked. To say the least. And confused. He didn't know what he was doing wrong. Why wasn't Minhyun taking the bunny? Was his peace offering no good? Tosunnie always made him feel better....

Ren held it back out, but Minhyun still ignored him. He pressed it into Minhyun's back, and Minhyun turned and smacked it away. NOW Ren understood.

Minhyun stood with his back towards Ren, intent on perpetuating 'the silent treatment', when suddenly....

CRASH!!!

"OWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JR!!!!! BAEKHO!!!!! ARON!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"MINHYUN! REN!" JR came charging. "WHAT'S GOING- Oh no...."

Minhyun remained crumpled on the ground balling his eyes out. Ren just stared at the boy at his feet. 

"Oh my God.... What happened now...?" He scooped Minhyun up off the ground. Minhyun clung to JR's jacket and glared at Ren.

"He...pushed...me...! But-but he just like SLAMMED me onto the ground!!! It really hurt, Hyung...." Minhyun quietly sobbed into JR's shoulder. Just then Baekho and Aron walked in, Baekho with a white cane and sunglasses, Aron hobbling in on crutches.

"What's wrong...? We heard Minnie crying," Baekho cooed.

"He just.... They.... Ren.... Listen, Minnie, do you know if something set him off, or...?"

"He was mad because I was still mad at him for dumping his food on me!!!"

"Minhyun, calm down, take a dep breath-"

"NO!!! I'M SICK OF IT!!! I'M SICK OF HIM!!! I HATE HIM!!!!!"

"Minhyun, hush!!!" Baekho snapped.

"NO!!!!! I'M SICK OF IT!!!! I'M SICK OF YOU, REN!!! NOBODY LIKES YOU!!!!! YOU'RE SCARY!!!!! YOU HIT PEOPLE AND YOU BITE PEOPLE AND NOBODY LIKES YOU BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID OF YOU!!!!!!!! EVERYONE ALWAYS HAS TO WORRY ABOUT YOU AND HOW TO KEEP YOU HAPPY AND HOW TO KEEP YOU FROM THROWING A TANTRUM ALL DAY LONG!!!! ALL YOU EVER DO IS SCREAM AND DROOL AND BREAK STUFF AND HIT YOURSELF AND HURT PEOPLE AND WET THE BED!!!!!! NOBODY LIKES YOU!!!!! I HATE YOU, REN, I HATE YOU!!!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED THAT NIGHT AND MADE EVERYBODY'S LIFE EASIER!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Minhyun took a deep breath and collapsed into JR's chest. Nobody moved; nobody knew what to do. Ren just watched as Minhyun sobbed into his hyung. He was even more confused.... Eventually Manager walked up and grab the maknae by his shoulders.

"Look.... It's been a long day.... We're all on edge...."

"I AM NOT ON EDGE!" Minhyun cried.

"...Yeah.... How about we put these two back down for another nap? Let them simmer down while you guys finish up the interview?"

"No...! No, I wanna be on tv...!" Minhyun whined. JR nodded and stood up, hitching Minnie up on his back.

"No, no, no...."

"Baekho and Aron, wait here, JR, let's go." Baekho and Aron hugged both maknaes before they left. Manager led Ren down the hall, while Minhyun rode on JR's back. Once in the dressing room, each boy got laid down (as far apart as they could be), and fell asleep almost instantly. Manager Hyung and JR just stood there for a moment.

JR was the first to break the silence. "They're not doing so good.... I'm really worried about them.... About all of them."

"JR, I'm worried more about you these days."

"What?"

"C'mon!!! You get like 5 hours of sleep! You look a wreck! Your life revolves around them now! Day in, day out, all you do is count pills, drive to therapies, pick up meds, clean up toys, feed them, put them to bed!!!"

"That's how it should be.... I'm the leader...."

"NO! IT SHOULDN'T! IT REALLY SHOULDN'T! You're their friend, not their mom!!! You were in that crash too, and not ONCE in the past four months have I seen you deal with yourself or any of your own problems!!!"

Just then a loud thud thud! was heard from across the room.

"Dammit.... Ren's awake...." JR walked over to Ren to go lull him back to sleep.

"Shh.... It's okay, it's okay.... Want your Tosunnie? Or your little pink elephant?" JR placed both next to him, and draped Ren's favorite quilt over him. "That's right, good Rennie...." He kissed him on the forehead and walked back.

"Listen, JR...." Manager began. "They need you, all of them. They really do. No one's been able to care for them, or fight for them, as much as you have. And I know they're grateful that you're here. But YOU need to start taking care of yourself, alright? Even if it's for their sake."

JR nodded his head. "I...gotta go back. I'll try to do better. Thanks, Hyung."

He sped out the door.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________