Meal Time! (Short)

Making it Work

I'll warn you now, this is a short/probably not so good chapter. I'll try to update super quick to make up for it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I sped walked back to the dressing room where the others were waiting.

"Hey, how's everything? How's Ren?"

Aron shrugged is shoulders and pointed to the corner, where Ren was still balled up on the floor. Meh, he's been worse, I imagined Aron saying. Hyung usually got his point across, words or not.

I crept over to Ren. He was in the same spot as I'd left him, only now passed out on the floor, cuddled under his blanket, with his favorite teddy bear at his side. His cheeks were tear stained and he had a little dribble peeking through his lips. Still, he looked like an angel. A fragile, innocent...broken little angel.

I looked around and saw Minhyun in not too different of a state; splayed out on the floor with his Octimus Prime action figure in his grasp. His shirt had rolled up in his sleep, exposing his belly button. I gave them each a peck on the cheek but didn't bother to wake them. I walked over to the others and sunk down into a chair.

"Why do you sound so sad? I thought you did good!" Baekho laughed. Aron grinned and gave me a double thumbs-up.

"You guys saw?"

"Yup. Had a camera guy set a tv up in here and stream it."

"Did Minnie and Ren watch...?" I glanced over at them warily; I don't know how much they remember, but I don't want to be the one to remind them of any of it.

"Nah.... We put them down for a nap and popped some headphones in. They were fine. Rennie saw you on the screen for a minute though; I think he missed you."

"He's a good kid.... By the way, where's Manager Hyung?"

"Getting lunch."

"Ah...."

We chatted for another 15 minutes before the food came, at which point Minhyun flew out of bed and promptly bum rushed the table. I had to, quite literally, drag our little Sleeping Beauty out of the corner and sit him down to eat.

"So, I was talking to the producer, JR," Manager talked between bites. 

"I'm not gonna like this...."

"Aw Hell naw. He wants all five of you up their for the next segment."

"WHAT?!'

"I WANNA BE ON TV!!!" Minhyun shouted. 

"Like Hell you do. But why?! I thought we had an agreement, that I was the only one who'd have to go up there!!!"

"JR, this is show business. You know how things change. Besides, it's not like it's a live broadcast. If something goes wrong we'll just edit it out later, like it never even happened!"

I didn't respond.

"But it's not really up to you. I wanna know how you guys feel, Aron, Baekho?"

Aron looked up at the sound of his name. Of course, he didn't mind the spotlight. He loved it in fact; he even missed it. That's the whole reason he left everything behind, and came to Korea...to live his dreams in the spotlight of KPOP super stardom. But now look at him.... 

He looked at Manager pensively, and nodded his head.

"Good, kiddo. How about you, Baekho?"

"Well, I don't mind.... But I'm not the one you have to worry about...."

Just then we heard a loud splash at the end of the table. Minhyun had Ren's lunch bowl over his head and was drenched in sweet and sour soup. Not to mention he was wailing at the top of his lungs.

Ren looked up at us sheepishly.

"Huh. Guess Rennie doesn't like sweet and sour." Manager scoffed.

"Or Minhyun...." Baekho replied.

This isn't gonna end well....