Call me Umma

Dreams and Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Umma…”

“Oh, you’re awake,” said her mother. She accepted the glass of milk that her mother gave her. “It’s been so long since you’ve spent the night here.”

Taeyeon allowed herself to drink her milk so as not to look at her mom.

“I know you’re all grown up,” said Mrs. Kim, looking at her daughter. “And I don’t want you to think that I’m intruding into your personal life, but Taeyeon, what is your relationship with Tiffany?”

Taeyeon was taken aback by her mom’s question. She cannot remember anything last night that could have triggered her mother’s suspicion, she’s very sure of that. She looked at her mother, alarmed, but Mrs. Kim only smiled.

“I was thinking of asking you what Tiffany want for breakfast but when I entered your room…”

Taeyeon does not need to hear the rest; she knows what her mother saw.

“Miahne, Umma,” she said, her head low.

She looked up when she saw her mother standing in front of her. She readied herself for an angry outburst but her mother only held her hand.

“Do you love her?” Mrs. Kim asked her daughter.

Taeyeon nodded.

“Does she loves you?” asked Mrs. Kim.

“She told me she loves me,” replied Taeyeon.

“That’s what I want to hear,” said Mrs. Kim.

Taeyeon could not believe it. If she has to admit it to herself, one of the reasons why she hesitated to tell Tiffany about her was that she’s afraid that her family would not accept them. She knows that no matter how modern her family may look like, there are still certain traditions that have been instilled into them. And a girl falling in love with another girl is not one of them. But now she realized how wrong she was. Her father was an open-minded person, to say the least. Maybe he had instilled that value to her mother when they got married.

“Thank you, Umma,” she said, hugging her mother.

Mrs. Kim patted her daughter’s back.

“I’m so happy that you’re here,” her mother told her. “Go wake up Hayeon and Tiffany and tell them that breakfast is ready.”

Taeyeon took the stairs two steps at a time. She first went to her sister’s room before she went back to her room. Seeing that Tiffany was still asleep, she lied down on top of her and began kissing her. Tiffany stirred.

“Good morning, beautiful,” she said when Tiffany opened her eyes.

“Hmmm…”

“Br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter