When the chains turned into ashes

One kiss

I walked slowly towards the man, and his eyes darted sharply at me, so I was taken aback for a moment. I continued to walk towards him, carefully eyeing him, but I was completely wavered by his piercing stare. There’s something covering half of his face which made him unable to speak, but his eyes are already giving me enough warning. A collar full of long thin spikes is around his neck where the chains are attached, and both his hands were shackled.

I’m three feet away from him, and I slowly reached out my hand, and placed my index finger in the tip of the spike. He was still, his eyes following my every move.  I looked straight on his eyes, and his eyes are black as orbs, without any hint of emotion. His stare felt so powerful, so I was the one who averted my eyes first. I started to run down my fingers on the chains that are binding him, and then the chains suddenly turned into ashes along with the shackles, the collar and the thing that is covering his face, revealing a very beautiful man.

I took a couple of steps back, and all I know is that I was awed, and yet perplexed because of the perfection of his appearance, but somehow I was scared. Despite his appearance he’s giving of an aura that menaces trouble. His eyes continued to pierce through me, and he suddenly walked closer. I was about to run away when he suddenly grabbed me, and pulled me towards him. Our faces are inches with each other, and I could feel his breathing. It’s really ironic how I could feel his breath, yet I wasn’t able to feel the cold from the snow.

I could hear a ticking sound of the clock, even though there aren’t any clocks around us.  My heart is beating faster and faster, when there is only thin air separating our lips apart. He slowly pushed my chin up, and when our lips are about to touch, he pushed me aside, which made fall flat with my .

“How pathetic.” He smirked, and I rubbed my sore behind. What the hell is his problem? I was the one who freed him... Well it seems to me that way, and then the next thing he does is push me aside making me fall on my . This guy may be good looking, but I can tell that he has a rotten personality. I shouldn’t have touched the chains, so he would be forever trapped on that weird circle standing in the middle.

I glared at him, and he just let out a smirk, and rolled his eyes. “Aren’t you going to say thank you at least?!” I hissed at him, and he just walked away out of the room. I got up and followed him, and he started to walk more briskly that I was almost running trying to tail along with him. We got out of the church-like place. “Could you quit following me!” He shouted at me, and I was taken aback by his sudden burst of emotion. This guy has serious PMS.

“I don’t know where to go…” I mumbled. He glanced at me, and raised a bow, it’s almost seems like he’s mocking me. He continued walking, and I just kept following him. I don’t know where I am, so I guess I need to stick with a “person” to survive this unknown place. Occasionally, he would glance at me, and sigh from time to time. It was like we are running around in circle, completely clueless of our destination, but somehow I just kept following this idiot, because I’m scared to be left alone in this kind of place.

He sighed one last time, and faced me. “Let’s help each other to get out of here.” He said, and a small smile curved up my lips. It was about time he thought of that. I gave a small nod, and sat on the ground. We didn't walk for too long, but I feel so tired and heavy. I was already breathing heavily, but I tried to get back on my feet, because I don't want to look so weak, and plus I don't want to be a burden in order for us to get out of here as soon as possible. I stood up even though my knees were wobbly, and tried to walk behind him, trying to conceal how I'm feeling right now. A few more steps and we found ourselves again in front of the cathedral like place. 

I couldn't take it anymore, and suddenly my vision turned black, and I could hear the guy's voice faintly yet I couldn't understand what he was trying to say. The voice slowly vanished, and I felt myself drifting away again.