Entrance

One kiss

My mom has given me an antique mirror for my 8th birthday, and she told me that it was passed by from our ancestors from generation to generation, so she told me that I need to take care of it because it's really precious. She also told me that there is a person trapped in the mirror, and that there would be a girl born in our lineage who would be able to destroy the curse. If I were the person who could break that curse, then it means that we're fated, and we'll probably meet in the current life. Nobody really knows if being fated to that trapped guy is a good thing or a bad thing, because there must be a reason why he is trapped right? I cannot be sure if being fated to him is even something to be happy about.

I held the mirror in my hand, as I took a seat on my bed. It doesn't really matter to me if everything my mom said to me was true, because somehow the mirror just became naturally precious to me. The mirror is truly beautiful, and although it may be antique, it doesn't really look so old because the rims are simply majestically stunning in a way. I always use this mirror, and keep it in a safe place where I'm sure that it wouldn't break, because this is one of my treasures, and someday I want to pass it down to my daughter, and somehow continue the tradition.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, and my eyes suddenly felt heavy, and all I felt is that I was drifting. My body felt so light. I couldn't see anything but soft aurora of light and faint sounds. I never felt this vague feeling before during slumber ever, and I continue to drift, as if my body flies with the light air. My vision became black all of a sudden, and it didn't feel like I was drifting anymore. I tried to open my eyes, and to my surprise, I was in the woods. 

I looked around me, and it was snowing, yet I didn't feel cold. The wood is dark, and it was lightly snowing. I don't really know where I am right now, and all I remember is the feeling of drifting away. I stood up, and looked around me, but there is nothing. It feels so lifeless in here, as if there no hint of life forms existing. I stood up, and I couldn't hear anything, but the slight blowing of the wind. I walked without any idea of where I'm going. All I know is that I need to get out of here.

As I walk, I heard a really faint sound of the clanging chains, and I continued to walk on where my senses would lead me. It felt endless, and I felt so scared because I as I walked closer to the sound, it's like I'm slowly being engulfed by darkness, but somehow I couldn't stop walking towards the sound, it was as if a red string is pulling me along it. With every step, it became darker, but I became more curious on what’s beyond the darkness.

I stopped, because there no hint of light left. It's like I was inside the end of the cave. I suddenly felt like I was being by the ground. I tried to carry my feet, but it was stuck, and then the ground me fully.

As I opened my eyes there is a tower that looked like a cathedral because of its gothic architecture, but I cannot say that it’s actually a cathedral. It wasn’t snowing anymore, but the atmosphere is still dim, and the trees are still leafless. The clanging sound is much louder now, and it feels like the clanging sound is inside.

The door is huge, and it has grotesque carvings on it. It’s too big, and I don’t know if I would be able to push it open. I run my fingers on the perfect carving, and suddenly, the doors opened slowly, with a loud creaking sound. I walked inside with small steps, and I felt shivers go down my spine as I walk in. I looked up and the ceiling has paintings in it that seems to be a bunch of angels facing a bunch of demons. It’s like their facing each other to start a war. On the ceiling there are medieval chandeliers hanging, and at the end of the hall, there is another huge door, and at the top of the door is a stained glass. The stained glass seems like to have a design of a suffering man trapped in a cage. The man has black wings with few remaining feathers.

The sound is getting louder and louder with every step. I was facing the second door, and when I was about to touch the door, it creaked open, revealing a man chained in a huge metal circle standing at the center of the hall.