Chapter 3

The Servant

As Jaehun and Lee Joon strolled leasurily through the city park, Lee Joon starts thinking of a way to ease Jaehun into accepting his proposal. Lee Joon looks at the ground and then at Jaehun. He runs his fingers through his hair, and begins to talk.

"Look, I know that you don't want to join our operation again, but think of the rewards that we'll be giving you. The pros outweigh the con! You always told us to be logical, yet here you are making no sense at all!" Lee Joon pauses to let his words soak into Jaehun. Lee Joon brushes his leather jacket and looks at Jaehun. "I get you don't want to enter the business again, espescially after you've been retired for so long, but you're still the best. Sure we hired some good kids, but none of 'em got talent like you." Lee Joon pauses again and looks at Jaehun. A school bell rings in the distance signalling the end of the day for elementary students. Jaehun looks at the sidewalk and looks once more towards the city skyline. 

"You know I don't want to do it anymore. I thought I had tatooed my message onto your skulls. Yet you don't leave me alone why?" Jaehun's breaths faster and faster, almost reaching to a pant. "You know that I could take you and your cronies on 5v1 and still come out unharmed!" Jaehun exploded. Lee Joon calmly looked at Jaehun and countered his argument.

"Your little skirmish with the seven chumps I sent after you says different." Joon says with malevolence. "Plus, my friends and I aren't the weaklings we used to be. Have I told you what happened to Mblaq after you left? I don't think you know the entire story of what happened." Joon stated with an eyebrow raised. The pair walk past a bench and Lee Joon stops and motions for them to sit. Once they settle onto the bench, Lee Joon tells Jaehun the rest of the story.

"About a month after you left, our operation suprisingly was still functioning. In fact, it was starting to thrive." A dog barks in the distance and Joon looks up and for a split second, he smiles. But the smile is quickly replaced with a frown at the memory of what had happened next. "But some other guys already had an operation before us. They of course didn't want to share any of the income and decided to take us out. At that time, you were a one man army, and we hadn't hired a replacement metal man or so in time to stop the other gang." A few people walked past the two teenagers, but quickly left after looking at the rapacious gaze of Jaehun and Joon. "Our operation was literally reduced to ruins. Our penthouse was burned to the ground, all of our employees were beat up. We had all of our cash stolen, and that wasn't even the worst part. We were kidnapped Jaehun. They were almost going to murder us and throw us in the Han river." Jaehun had suddenly found an interest in the concrete sidewalk and wouldn't look Joon in the eye. Jaehun had felt bad enough abandoning them, but now he felt even guiltier knowing he could have prevented this horrfying incident. 

"Lee Joon's story can't be true," Jaehun thought. He continued to think for about 10 seconds then asked a question.

"Wait, the other gang, they were highschoolers right?" Jaehun asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were highschoolers. I know what you were thinking, you're thinking of that gang aren't you?" Lee Joon asked.

"Yeah, TVXQ right? That's the high school gang that almost killed you guys?" Jaehun guessed. His normally carefree face was now etched in a scowl. One that seemed almost permenant. "But you messed with them, and what I last heard, they only specialize in beating people up and prostit- No, you can't be serious. You guys thought about joining that business? What the hell were you thinking!?!?!?!? You could never survive that business without people like me, heck, those kind of people have guns!" Jaehun sighed and shook his head. "Continue to enlighten me with your tales of stupidity." Lee Joon then gladly resumed it.

"So, we were taken, blind folded, shoved in a car, luckily our most um, important employees escaped. So they led us to Jung Yunho, and before we got there, we somehow managed to escape. When they unlocked the doors, Cheondung tackeled both the gaurds and we knocked them out with our bonds and escaped. Since then, we've been training in fighting a lot harder than usual, and we also got guns. We're older now, so we are a lot better of than before now." Joon stated with confidence. Jaehun then asked,

"Then why do you need me?" The other teen looked at Jaehun and smiled. 

"Well, we're thinking about expanding our operations to Daejun and Busan, instead of our hometown here in Seoul. So we need someone to... sweep up and clear the town for our guys to do business." Joon said. "So now my deal is, work for us, and we'll give you some money," Lee Joon held up $200. "And your girlfriend won't get hurt." Lee Joon whistles and 2 burly men entered the park with a petite girl who was bound and gagged.

"No, that can't be H-"

"Hyun-Joo? It wasn't hard to find her Jaehun. Now, what about my deal? It isn't going to stand for long, and who knows what those guys might do..."

Jaehun looked around to see if there were any bystanders and to his disappoitment, he couldn't see anyone else but the 5 of them. 

Jaehun looked at Lee Joon coldly, "Fine," He snarled. "I'll do it, but after that, I'm done. And I swear the next person who asks me to do anything after that will end up in the hospital." 

Lee Joon smiles and then nods his head at the men. The two men shove Hyun-Joo at Jaehun roughly. 

"Meet me at our old warehouse, and I'll tell you what to do from there." Lee Joon says and flicks a card at Jaehun. "That's who your after Jaehun. I think you can use your old nickname. Jaehunter. It suits you." And with those final words, Lee Joon and his two men leave the park, leaving a crying girl and a vengeful boyfriend in the park.

 


Yeah, so I finished the chapter at least, but this Wednesday-new chapter thing isn't working out. So I'm just going to have to upload whenever I have time. Sorry about that.