Chapter 5

My Housemate

 

The anticipated chitchat of ahjumma was not followed after the first night since the next morning, Top left the house early in the morning while Dara woke up late and left in the afternoon. Dara searched for a place where she can start writing her novel and at the same time enjoy her relaxation. Dara went home first, carrying some groceries. It was already 6pm. she saw ahjumma in the kitchen, who was about to cook for dinner.

Dara POV

Ahjumma, I bought some groceries here. Let me cook this time.

Aren’t you tired?

Nope. I’ll have you taste my specialty and I’m sure you’ll love it. Ahjumma just laughed.

Uhhm, is Tabi already here?

Not yet. But he said awhile ago that he would be late.

Ahjumma, isn’t that guy weird? I wanted to make friends with him but I think he is socially awkward.

I can’t tell since I just talked to him last night. But I think he’s a good guy. and he is good-looking too. Ahjumma looked at me with those teasing eyes.

Ahh, ahjumma. Now I know why ririn is like that.

Ahaha. Just joking.

They finished their dinner but still Tabi hasn’t come home yet. It was already 9:30 pm and ahjumma already went to her room. Dara was watching tv but then she decided to sleep just when Tabi came home.

**even it’s already this late, he still do look so handsome.

Tabi-sshi, we left you some food in the dining table in case you haven’t eaten yet. You can just heat it again.

Ah, did I keep you waiting? Sorry for going home late. And thank you for the food.

Nah, I was just watching some movie. But I think I’ll sleep now.

Good night then and thank you again.

Dara proceeded to her room.

**ahh so cute.

**Pssshht Dara, behave!

 

The next following days were the same. The only time Dara sees Top is when she was about to go to sleep. Her giddiness when she sees him seems fading. The only conversation they shared was hi, hello and good night.

A week has already passed.

One afternoon, Dara decided to stay in the house. As usual, Top already left wherever place is that he is going. It was already 4pm when ahjumma went outside saying that she has an errand to do and she will probably go home late. Dara chose to watch some movies since ahjumma surprisingly has lots of DVDs. She grab some chips and as the movie was about to start, someone came home. It was Tabi.

Oh you’re here?

Uhm, yeah. the weather seems not nice so I decided to go home. where is ahjumma?

She has some errands to do and said she would go home late.

Ah ok. What are you watching?

200 pound beauty. It’s old but I haven’t seen this yet.

Top seated in the sofa beside Dara, he was at the right-most while she was on the left-most side.

Mind if I watch too? Top asked.

I-It’s ok.

**awkward.

They finished the entire movie without talking. Then there was silence.

So how was it?

It’s good.

It’s really tough being an idol or a celebrity right? It is so easy for people to judge for every single mistake or imperfection they see in them.

Top just nodded.

**aisshh. Why is it so hard to make a fruitful conversation with this guy? Dara sighed. Top saw that.

I’m sorry for being this weird. I’m just like this, awkward, especially with girls. Sorry.

Dara smiled. **Ahh, that’s why. operation friendship, go!

Ok, let’s get rid of that awkwardness by introducing ourselves, again, but formally this time.

Dara cleared .

Hello, my name is Sandara Park, Dara for short. 23 years of age and I’m a novelist. I came here to hopefully finish my third novel.

You’re 23?

Yes. Dara smiled. your turn.

Hi Dara, my name is Choi Seunghyun, I prefer Tabi. 22 years old and as what I said, I am a composer. I came here to have a vacation and also to try making new songs.

Hmmm, So I’m the noona here.

Nah. You don’t look like one.

I’ll take that as a compliment. Dara smiled.

Friends? Dara offered her hands for a handshake.

Yeah, friends. Tabi smiled

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think my story is so dragging. Do I still make sense??? :[