Chapter Seven

It all Started with Failed Aegyo

~~~~~~~

Kimmie and I made it to school just before the gates closed. Even still, many kids were dashing in at the last moment, including Zelo and his friends. But they looked really different. Instead of blonde, they all sported a shade of brown, all except for Zelo. Now his curly blond hair had been transformed into a dark purple colour, with his hair straightened flawlessly.

I have to admit, he looked hot.

My face flushed and I hurried into the classroom, praying that Kimmie didn't see my pink cheeks. But she probably did, seeing as she was staring right at Zelo. Or maybe someone else, I don't know.

Our teacher wasn't there yet, so everyone was spread out across the room. I took my seat quickly, because the teacher would be here any minute.

Zelo stumbled in, and I turned away, my cooling cheeks warming up again. God, why did he have to straighten it? It looks too good on him! 

Taking his rightful seat next to me, He smirked when I kept my face turned completely away from him. So he leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Do I really look that good?" His voice sounded deeper than usual, and the closeness made me tense up. But he was embarrassing me, so I whipped around, momentarily forgetting my tomato-red face.

I didn't realize how close he was, so when I turned our faces were only inches apart. Now it was his turn to get embarrassed. Zelo's normally pale cheeks turned pink as he looked down awkwardly, but didn't turn away.

I couldn't help but giggle a bit at his cute expression, and he looked up, a little hurt.

"Yah, Rosie-ah! Don't laugh at me!" He pouted shyly, and I really wanted to pinch his cheeks.

"I'm laughing because you're so cute, Oppa." Zelo turned scarlet red and his eyes widened. He was probably about to freak out a little, but Ms. Oh walked in and he turned forward, still clearly blushing. Aigo, what am I going to do with him?

~~~~~~~

After Rose called me both oppa and cute, I couldn't focus on class at all.

What could she mean, cute? Does that mean she likes me? Oh my god, what if she likes me! I don't know what I'd do then. But what if she just meant it as a friend? Friends, especially not boys and girls, don't typically mean cute as a friend. So, does this mean she likes me? My god, I'm going crazy!

"Zelo, the answer, if you please." I was momentarily shocked out of my daydreaming to realize Ms. Oh had called on me. Crap, I have no idea! I bowed my head apologetically and sunk back down.

Great, now Rose must think I'm really stupid. Wait, why did my mind go right to her? It's not like it matters. She'd probably understand.

I glanced over at her to see her completely focused, her eyes wide as she tried to gather all the information. She looked happy and excited, even though it was just class.

A calm feeling washed over me and I mellowly smiled. So there really are people like this in the world. People who find every passing day exciting. Every ordinary morning is beautiful to them, and I can see it now. It's becoming more and more beautiful to me, too.

~~~~~~~

Sorry, short and late chapter today. I was sort of depressed all day. But for now, I leave you with this. 

BTW, Can't wait for BAP's comeback! So much excitement!!! Like, all my favorite groups are coming back now! :D