Twice

I'm Back

I wake up in the middle of the night, the dream of floating peas shook me up. It's official. I'm asking our manager to paint the van black and white. Actually, it doesn't matter what color it is, as long as it doesn't have those creepy peas on it. I hear a creak, and faint sound of rustling. A large shadow moves in the dark, as I open my mouth to scream, a hand reaches out and touches my face. It's cold, I can feel metal rub against my face. There are only three people in the dorm that wear a ring. One being myself, the other two being Sunny, and . . . you. Sunny would usually be playing video games in her bed by now, so that would leave, you. 

"Tiffany?" I whisper sharply, angry from getting the pea (intentional) scared out of me. You grin, and even in this lighting I can see your pearly white teeth. 

"Yeah, can I sleep with you?" I think back to all the times we cuddled up together, and the moring after when Taeyeon woke the entire dorm because you were missing, only to find you in my bed. That's why I'm more of an afternoon person. Mornings are never fun. Neither are nights when I can sometimes hear moans coming from your room. Tonight wasn't fun. 

"Why? I'm not dealing with Taeyeon in the morning anymore. She may be small, but that voice is enough to wake up the entire continent of Asia." You pout petulantly, shuffling closer to me. I hold up my hands, frowning.

"Seriously, Tiff, go back to your room. I'm sick of that crazy midget waking up half the neighborhood." You don't pay my warnings any attention, plopping down onto the bed. I suddenly remember who got you the ring. Me. I bought it at a trinket shop, close to the dorm. It was part of a couple ring set. I didn't tell you about it until it slipped out when a fan asked me to wear couple rings with them. 

"I have couple rings with Tiffany already." After, you demanded that I show you the other piece of the set. One black, the other white. You asked why I had given you the white one, and I smiled and said, "Because it matches your smile, white and shiny." You certainly liked that, laughing about how corny I was. You stopped moments after, asking why my ring was black. 

"Is it because you don't wake up until it's dark outside?" You broke out into a fit of chuckles again, clapping your hands happily. I answered honestly, the way I always have. 

"I picked a set with black because it symbolises grief." Because you would never accept me. You stopped laughing after that, a curious expression placed on your face. 

"Why are you sad?"  I wondered then, just how blind were you? No, I was wrong. I was making myself sad, chasing something I could never attain, like a dog fighting to bite its tail. I was the blind one. I was the idiot. I shrugged to you as you questioned me. You dropped the subject once Taeyeon came in. Now, we're here. You trying to hug me, and me scooting away from you. 

"Tiffany, we have like three blankets on top of us, are you really that cold?" Your brows bunch up, and your usually so jovial face contorts into a frown. 

"Don't we always hug?" 

"Well, don't you usually sleep with . . . oh, I don't know, Taeyeon?" 

"You do have a point there." 

"Don't I always?" 

"Did you give up?" This surprises me, as I'm not sure what's being asked. 

"On what? Cooking? Of course I have. The fire department is nothing to mess with." I'm expecting a laugh, or at least a light tap to arm, however nothing comes. 

"On me. Did you give up?" Now was the time I would usually stop speaking. It was a defense mechanism I had formed when I was younger. I wouldn't do it to you, though. I could never. 

"I'm . . .  trying." You're quiet, I wonder if you're thinking of a way to congratulate me. 

"I'm trying to give up. I know I can't do it all at once, so you'll have to wait, step by step for me." I bring my hand to my chest, pulling out my necklace, a black ring glistening. 

"I'll start with this." You don't move, it's dim, but I can see you staring, thinking about taking it. You don't reach out for it, instead you ask me something.

"Why do you wear it as a necklace?" I hestitate to anwser, unsure of how it would affect you. 

"Because . . . I want - no, wanted it closer to my heart. It's your's now." I hold it out for you again, but you hardly move. 

"After this, you won't talk to me again, will you?" 

"What?"

"After I take this, you won't speak to me again." 

"What makes you think that?"

"You've been avoiding me for a month. How do I know you won't completely cut me off once I take this?"

"I won't. Please, give it to someone else. Sell it. I don't care. I just can't keep it anymore." 

"I'm not taking it." 

"Fine, I'll just toss it out." 

"Fine, go ahead." You turn over, and didn't speak the rest of the night. In the morning, Taeyeon barged in, had a hissy fit, cried, punched a door, had to get bandages on her hand, and cried again. Mornings are never fun.


Pew, pew, pew!  ︻┳═一 . . . . . . (O_O) 

 

 

 

I've always wanted to play paintball.