YoonYul

Imagine Your OTP

-----

"Imagine your OTP calming their child(ren) in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm."

-----

"Ugh," Yoona groaned, rolling onto her side to look into the face of the love of her life. Yuri's eyes were wide open, too, but not as restless as her own. Another crash of thunder sounded through the night outside their window and Yoona curled up closer to Yuri, hiding in her hair.

Yuri just giggled, welcoming the affection. She took strands of Yoona's hair into her fingers, curling them and twisting them into shapes. It always calmed the younger girl, she knew, and in a way it calmed her too. There was a wailing sound now, also coming from outside their room - this time, though, it came from outside their door instead of the window. Yuri sighed, tapping Yoona's back.

"The children are crying, Yoong," she whispered. The two of them crept out of their bed, Yuri holding Yoona's hand tightly to support her, and to their door. 

Outside stood their five year old daughter, clutching a teddy bear that was almost as big as her. She was shaking from fright, tears rolling down her face and sniffles sounding out of her nose each time she coughed feebly. Yoona instantly took the girl into her arms and hoisted her up, tucking her head into the crook of her neck and rocking her.

"Sh, sh, it's okay," she whispered soothingly. "Mummies are here, it's okay."

They exchanged a look before carefully pushing open the bedroom door beside them. Inside, as expected, their two year old son huddled in the corner of his cot, shaking at the bars in an attempt to free himself. Yuri flew to his side and lifted his petite frame from the cot, bringing him towards the other two members of their family. They stood their for a moment, rocking their children and their heads, before anyone spoke.

"Should we take them to our room?" Yoona suggested, large bags beneath her eyes. Yuri complied without another word, and soon they were all beneath the warm covers of Yoonyul's king sized bed.

"This is much comfier," Yoona yawned, her head leaning into Yuri's. Their son lay between them on Yoona's side, their daughter tucked into the space next to Yuri. Thunder continued to battle outside their window and, despite the fact she was supposed to be comforting her children, Yoona still shuddered. They had to do something to distract them from the thunder, nevermind herself.

"Should we play a game?" Yuri suggested, with an enthusiastic nod in response from their daughter.

"We could play the Once Upon a Time game," Yoona continued.

"One day, a girl named Yoona-"

"-and one called Yuri-"

"-ate a potato-"

"-ate a - what? Okay, then they went home-"

"-where an ogre found them!"

"Right... and gave them-"

"-a bucket of slime-"

"-to use on their-"

"-horrible neighbour to burn her alive!"

"Woah... uh, I think it's time you slept."

Their little girl giggled. "I want to sleep in here every night!"

"Well if you slept in here every night, it'd have to thunder every night," Yuri commented. "And mummy Yoona wouldn't like that very much."

Nobody responded. Yuri leaned on her elbow and looked over each of the faces she loved dearly. Each one's eyes were closed peacefully, smiles upon their fair faces. She reached down and each one's head once, planting a kiss on their forehead. Then, she lay back into her pillow, knowing she could now sleep calmly. One last bout of thunder rolled through the air, and the fourth member of their family fell into a gentle sleep.