JeTi

Imagine Your OTP

"Imagine your OTP being theater geeks. Person B got the lead role in a show, while Person A got an ensemble cast. On opening night, Person A comes up to Person B telling them they have a good luck charm. Before Person B can say thank you, Person A pecks them lightly on the cheek and hurries off to curtain call."

 

-----

There had been months and months of endless practising for this day. Jessica had spent extra hours throughout the night and day during other people's scenes just practising her few lines. Over and over and over again, she spent barely a moment to rest. This was her time to shine - to do something she'd always wanted to do. She couldn't mess it up - couldn't let anyone down.

There was one other girl who'd been around a lot in Jessica's life lately. When she'd been spending extra time practising, this girl had sometimes asked Jessica to take on her co-star's role - who seemed to often be ill or too busy to attend rehearsals. Her name was Tiffany, and she was beautiful. There was no way she had even an inkling of recognition for Jessica. She probably didn't even know her name.

Stay calm, Jung, deep breaths... Jessica stood backstage, looking out at the audience who'd begun to flood into their seats.

Tiffany. She was stood at the other stage entrance, also looking out at the audience with a nervous look that was very unfamiliar to Jessica. Tiffany had always looked so confident and happy. They caught each other's eyes and Tiffany forced a grin back onto her face, waving. So she recognized her? Perhaps she was just being polite. Jessica raised her hand and waved back, and by the time she realised that she should smile the girl had gone. Brilliant, she'd just been cold to the most beautiful girl she'd ever set eyes on.

There was no way she could make it through this performance, let alone the others to come. All that practising had been for nothing - she was going to collapse, or puke, or say something stupid like-

"Sica."

"Sica?" Jessica spun around. That wasn't how she was going to finish that thought.

It was Tiffany. How'd she gotten over here so quickly? Jessica spun her head from where she'd last seen their lead to where she was stood now - right in front of Jessica, grinning - no, laughing, because Jessica was being an idiot. Again.

"I'm sorry, do you prefer Jessica?" she giggled. Oh, that giggle... it was like heaven in a throat. "I just wanted to come over here and wish you luck."

"Right!" Jessica nodded, dumbstruck by the sudden interaction. "I-uh, good luck. Like, a lot of luck. Blow them away!"

"I know," there was that giggle again, and Jessica almost melted. She leaned in closer to Jessica to whisper in her ear. "I've got a good luck charm."

It was enough to make Jessica blush a rosy red, and Tiffany smirked as she pulled back.

"You have? What is it?" Her eyes had lit up like an overwhelmed child at Christmas.

"It's..." Tiffany paused, tapping her chin and pretending to think. "You."

"M-me?" Jessica pointed to herself, looking around the space where they stood. Nobody was around. It was impossible - how, in any way, shape or form, was Jessica a good luck charm? "I-um, well, thank y-"

She never got to finish her sentence. A few corridors and doors away, the director of the entire musical was calling out their last five minutes. Jessica's heartbeat sped up so fast that she felt she was going to crash into a giant brick wall and her heart was going to implode. Tiffany had reached forward, lightly tugged Jessica by her collar and pecked her on the cheek.

"See you after the show, Sica."

The moment Tiffany's lips left hers and her grasp slipped from her collar, Jessica felt empty. She wanted to do that again. She wanted to rewind and savour that moment, just live in it forever.

"I'll see you later," she muttered into the silence.