We Think We Deserve

Tough Teddy

I really intially thought I was gonna discontinue this story from the beging which is why I didn't tag it to much, but I think I'm going to continue it ^.^ thank's for the critisim! And since I started this I've gotten better writing so I've changed the layout of my writing so, enjoy!


Mi Hi

It's been 4 months of working, studying, and working even more. Although it's alot of work, I know I have to do it, because I HAVE to get that apartment for Jae, no matter how many sores I get. 
Even if it's a lot of work, I've got to admit, my life have gotten a little amusingly easier from the past few months, I wonder why that might be-

"Ah, this really isn't it." 

I peek my head into the kitchen. 

"What?" Junhong raises his eyebrows.

The bolder of a man tastes the noodle again, trying to really absorb the flavor.

"Nope, this isn't it. Make it again." He dismisses.

Junhong remains standing in total shock.

"Just pretend to re-make it, I've seen it on cooking shows." He whispers to the confused boy. "Pretend to make it and hurry back."

Blinkingly, he walks to the oven and sets the pot down.

"Junhong!" He calls the boy back.

"Here." 

His lips barely touch the noodle before he dismisses the boy to "Re-make" the noodles again.

"Alright, hurry back." He laughs finally being serious.

"Are you mad?" He worries about his annoying actions.

"Of course not, hyung."

"Aww." I finally speak up, letting them know of my existance.

"Oh, you came!" He flashes his gummy actions.

"Noona!" Junhong grins. "You finished you're studying?"

Yawning, I pull out a seat at the kitchen table. 

Studying? I wouldn't exactly call it that...
I open the text books, and stare at the pages untill I get a huge migrane from trying to figure out gibberish. 

"Erm, you could say that." I streatch.

"Heh, seems like someone had a good nap?" Younguk sets a plate down in front of my spot down.

It looks delicous! It's italian noodles, salade, and he even sets out a glass of wine.

"Thanks," I say grabbing a fork and digging in right away "And, I wish. I was trying to cram, but nothing can stick up here in my pebble brain."

"ah, noona, I'm sure you don't have a pebble brain! Wait, but Hana doesn't seem all that smart-"

"EXCUSE ME?!"

"Ah! Hana!" Junhong rubs the back of his neck, as he had been caught. "You came?"

Crossing her arms angrily, she glares at Junhong. "I smelt food, so I came downstairs. And YOU LEFT ME TO BABYSIT ALL MY OWN."

"Ah! I'm sorry hana! I wanted to help Hyung cook dinner!" 

"Thanks by the way." I say with my mouth full of his marvoulous cooking.

Laughing as he sits down across from myself, he nods. "You're welcome."

"So YOU cooked this?" Hana questions Youngguk.

"Yes, I wanted to cook Mi Hi a meal."

"Oh, so this meal is JUST for Mi Hi?" She interagates.

As I cough from choking, junhong bursts into laughter.

"What, no! I just wanted to cook for her because she seems to always either be taking care of the angel, studying for her classes, or working one of her two classes."

I can't help but gaze in his di as he speaks. He's really too much sometimes...I appriciate it but...

"Hmm." She nods, sitting beside me at the table. "Well, let's just see how good you can cook,... Ogre."

"HANA!" I snap at her name calling.

She squint piercing straight at Younguk, as she takes a fork full of the noodles.

She chews for a while then spits it out.

"Ah! What? Was it under cooked!? Did you not like it." Junhong frantically questions.

"It's delicous." Hana mutters.

I cover my mouth laughing.

"Alright, so you can cook, ...AND drive,...and you're pretty good looking, for an ogre like you,  AND you're good with children, you're also employed...have you're own car BUT there's gotta be ONE flaw about you! So come out with it already, what is it? Bad taste in music?"

"HANA!" I snap again, this time kicking her under the table.

Aish! Why is this girl being like this today!?

He just chuckles "Actually, I write music, I'm kinda sorta a rapper..."

"Can't dance?"

"He dances pretty well, actually." Junhong defends.

"I know, You're pretty dumb aren't you?"

"Well, no. I was ranked number one in my old high school."

Hana slams her hand down on the table. "Oh come on man, WORK WITH ME! THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMETHING!"

"HANA!"

"Well," Junhong snatches the attention from everyone in the room "Their is something."

"What?"

I can't help but to be drawn into this piece of gossisp for some reason. Mr.Perfect has a flaw? What?

"Tigger. He has the same stuffed animal tigger from when he was little."

Youngguk laughs scratching the back of his neck.

"Awe." I smile.

That's not a flaw, that's just cute.

"Ah, so it's hording, or what...over possesive?"

"Hana!" I snarl at her.

"Fine, fine!" She sighs, getting up from her seat. "I'll stop, but just know until I can figure out what's wrong with you, you will not be able to marry my sister." And with that she leaves.

"What? Marriage- YAH! HANA!" I yell after her, cheeks heating up from rage, at least I think it's rage...


Carrying out the same exact order, to the same exact table, every day at the same exact time, might seem boring but it really not when it's him.

"Your food, Sir."

Removing his menue from his face, he grins at me.

"Thank you." He laughs as I set his food down.

"Hacve a nice day-"

"Wait!"

I spin around.

"Hm?"

"Do you have...erm... those chocolate baked....square thingies with the strawberries?"

I chukle at his choice of words. "Brownie short cakes??" I say raising an eyebrow.

"Ah! Yes, those."

"Yes we do, would you like one?"

"uh..........yes."

"Coming right up!" I flash a smile before spinning back around.

Grabbing a brownie from the chef, I stare at it with lust.

Look at it, all covered in cream, and fresh cut  juciey strawberries.
Why'd he order this? He never asks for desert! Did he do this just to taunt me?

Bringing it out I reluctantly set it in front of him, glancing at the rest of his plates, he already finsihed most of it.

"Ah, yes, thanks. Looks great doesn't it?" He questions smiling.

.

"Mm-hmm."

"Have you tasted this before?" He asks.

"No." I shake my head.

And It's taunting me.

"You haven't?!" He exclaims. "How do you expect the customers to just eat anything if the staff haven't tasted it themselfs!"

"Huh?" 

He cuts a little piece of the brownie off and raises his fork. "Ah!"

"What!?" My eyes widen.

"Taste it!" He insites.

Temptations are everywhere.

"I'm working! I can't just sit down and eat with you!"

"COME ON! Taste it! One bite? You only have one chance you know?" He winks.

"Ah- UGH! NO! I'M WORKING!" 

"Mi Hi!" 

I jump in shock as my manager approaches me.

"Are you yelling at this customer!? He's one of our best customers!"

"Ah, M-manger-"

"No, It wasn't like that sir." Younguk laughs. "I was just messing with her."

"Ah yes." the manger bows.

"Actually, I was just wondering how the waiters can serve the coustemers food without actually tasteing it themselfs." He smiles.

The manger glances at me then back to youngukk, as if he knows something I don't.

"Yes, that's quite something isn't it...hmm...we'll have to fix that." He rubs his chin. "Ah, Mi Hi?"

"Y-Yeh?" I stand in attention.

"Give me you're apron."

"Am I....Am I being fired?!" My tears weld up.

"What? Of course not! You're one of the best employees, You're just taking your break now." He says grabing my apron and disapearing behind the doors.

I gaze at Younguk in amazment.

"Well, are you gonna sit?" he laughs, pointing at the booth seat in front of him.

I slide into the booth.

"How'd you... why did he put me on break?"

"Ah!" Youngguk ignores me and puts his fork to my face.

"I can feed myself-"

He gives a look.

"Ok,! AH!" I widen my mouth and he grins as he feeds me a spoonful of the brownie.

I chew and it's like...heaven. In a brownie.

"How is it?" He smiles.

"It's SOO good!" I almost drool.

He chuckles cutting another piece.

"I knew you would like it." He says feeding me another one.

"Well, you were right. This is amazing!" I chew.

"Hey-WAIT!" Stopping him from feeding me another, my brain regestriers what he just said.

"Hm?"

"You planned this?!" I gasp.

His face reddens as he rubs the back of his neck as he always done.

"Yes..."

"Why?"

"Because..." He fiddles the the fork on the plate "You're always working... you never have the chance to smell the flowers, you know? You only have one chance to live, you might as well enjoy it."

Slowly a smile spreads across my face.

"And, I know you are obessisive over chocolate."

"AM NOT!" I snap over his laughter.

"Alright, so you don't want anymore of this-"

"No-No! Feed me!!" I open my mouth and he feeds me another spoonfull.

"It's so good." I shake my head. "It's like...a cloude of chocolate that rains strawberries and snows iceing!"

He laughs at my imagenation.

"But, how'd you get my manager to do this?"

"Simple." He says cutting another piece, "I helped him loose 115 pounds."

My mouth falls agape.

He fills the gape with another forkfull of brownie.

I chew vigurously, then swallow. 

"He weighted that much!" I hiss.

He just laughs. "Yeah, he said he wanted to thank me as much as he could, and told me to come to his resturant. He gives me 10% off everyone of my meals here."

I gasp. 

"That's unreal."

Younguk and I talked a while more about our lives and work, and of course, our in love siblings.

"You think your Hana will ever accept Zelo's heart?" He laughs.

"I think so, I can tell she likes him, but she's just scared." I roll my eyes at the thought.

"Oh." He says before fiddling with his finger, suddenly he looks up at me, his eyes piercing into mine.

"So, you don't date do you?"

Startled by the question, I think a while. "No... I don't, it's not like I would have time to either!" I let out an airy chuckle.

"Hmm," he contemplates "but, it's not just that is it?"

"Huh?"

"You also don't trust guy's, do you?"

My eyes widen.

He's reading me as he would a book...

"You don't want to get hurt either... right?"  He looks into his wallet for something.

"You know, not everyone will hurt you." He takes out some money and places it on the table.

"and for your tip." he winks, adding a couple more bills.

"We accept the love we think we deserve.... so does that mean, you don't think you deserve love?"

I remain silent for a while then finally speak. "Love doesn't pay the bills. That's always been my motto."

He chuckles a little. "Yeah, we'll see." And with that he gets up to leave before waving goodbye.

"We'll see."


Well, I hope you enjoyed this update, I plan on finishing the story with the next chapter!
See you soon!