Chapter 3: Shallow Pain

明日は来るから (Because Tomorrow Will Come)

I know~

 

Please don't murder me...

 

Here's another tearjerking chapter...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

F L A S H B A C K :

“What if she never remembers me?” Jaejoong said and began to cry.

 

“She’ll remember you. Things like this happen. Give it time.” Soojin said.

 

“How are you sure? These things can be permanent. What if before I can help her remember who I am, she falls in love with someone else?” Jaejoong said and his voice was cracking.

 

“She won’t.” Soojin insisted.

 

“She think so of me as her bestfriend? I’m so stupid to even say that! I can’t even tell her I’m the person she’s been loving for nearly 10 years now!” Jaejoong said and Soojin closed her as she knew she was going to tear up.

 

“Everyone around you guys, the people that care for you, your members, they’ll help you. Just wait for it, you have to help her too. But you have to help her as a bestfriend she’s never had. And maybe she’ll remember. Nothing is impossible Jaejoong.” Soojin said.

 

“That’s what you said.” Jaejoong said and walked away.

 

“Yeah that’s what I said…” Soojin spoke to herself as she leaned by the wall.

 

“What I said when I found out that eomma and appa were killed by our foster parents…”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4 Weeks Later…

 

 

 

 

“Yah! Changmin! Get your up and help us clean!” Junsu whacked a dustpan on Changmin’s head, who was busy watching TV and eating chips.

 

“Aish! Did you have to hit me with that?!” Changmin retorted back.

 

“Would you two stop fighting and start cleaning?! Yunho and Jaejoong hyung will be here with Eun Jae in a couple of mi-” before Yoochun could even finish his sentence, the sound of the doorbell ringing was heard. Yoochun simply glared at the two younger members and sneered at them. He shoved the dustpan and broom for at Changmin and headed for the door. Junsu and Changmin then looked at each other and quickly abandoned the cleaning materials as they fought their way to be first at the door just behind Yoochun.

 

“WELCOME HOME!!!” Yoochun yelled as he hugged Eun Jae. Eun Jae, along with Yunho and Jaejoong were quite surprised to see Changmin and Junsu bickering at the background and shoving each other playfully.

 

“Aish! Would you two stop bickering?! It’s bad enough you two were less of help in cleaning the house…” Yoochun said annoyed at the two.

 

“Mwo?! (What?!) Less of help!? I was helping the whole time! It was this food monster right here that was sitting and being lazy the whole day!” Junsu backfired. Changmin glared at Junsu, yet, still looking so innocent.

 

“Yah, stop calling me that! Just because I eat a lot doesn’t mean I’m some monster at it!” Changmin said and Junsu scoffed.

 

“Fine….” Junsu said as he crossed his arms and looked the other way. Changmin scoffed and had a happy smirk on his face, feeling as if he won the fight against the two of them.

 

“Lord Voldemin…” Wrong…

 

“Yah!” Changmin yelled.

 

“Aish! Stop it and go to the kitchen and prepare some food okay?!” Yunho said as he grabbed Changmin’s arm as it was about to smack the back of Junsu’s head. Yunho pushed the two towards the kitchen while Jaejoong and Yoochun helped Eun Jae with her things.

 

“Hyung… She sleeps in your room with you, how are we gonna tell her that?” Yoochun whispered towards Jaejoong as they were carrying Eun Jae’s things. Jaejoong wasn’t really thinking about that since his mind was focused on so many things lately.

 

“I’ll just tell her that her room is under construction before and we’re still cleaning it for her so she has to stay in my room.” Jaejoong said and Yoochun gave him a confusing look.

 

“How? We don’t have any other spare room in this place. You sold the house that you guys bought in this building and wherever the two of you stayed in the past when you ran off is somewhere far far away.” Yoochun said.

 

“We’ll say her room is Changmin’s room. Changmin’s room is less boyish and not girlish either. She won’t know the difference.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Yeah, except Changmin constantly wondering why his room became her room.” Yoochun said.

 

“Changmin loves her, he’ll tag along.” Jaejoong said and they finally dropped Eun Jae’s things down at Jaejoong’s room. Eun Jae followed them slowly behind and stood by the door. The two turned their back to face her, smiles on their faces. Eun Jae returned the smile but she looked around the room.

 

“Oh um… About your room… Well we were kind of planning to clean it and renew some things for you because we wanted you to feel like a brand new person when you come out of the coma so we were fixing your room but since you woke up we kind of abandoned it so we’re still working on it! Changmin’s even doing the decors for you! So for the meantime you can stay here in Jaejoong hyung’s room.” Yoochun said. Jaejoong looked at him, his eyes telling Yoochun the lie was a good one.

 

“Oh, jinjja? (really?) But… Where will Jaejoong sshi stay?” Eun Jae asked softly and Jaejoong felt a little hurt by her calling him Jaejoong sshi.

 

“Um, I’ll stay in the living room. The couch is still comfy. Or I can even bunk with Yoochun here.” Jaejoong said as he slung his arm around Yoochun’s shoulder. Yoochun looked at him, quite surprised hearing that Jaejoong might stay in his room.

 

“Don’t come near my room hyung…” Yoochun whispered through his teeth while smiling at Eun Jae.

 

“Shut up! I’m older than you! Respect me unless you want to starve for a year!” Jaejoong whispered through his teeth as well, smiling at Eun Jae.

 

“I’m not a baby I can cook!” Yoochun whispered.

 

“I’m older! Just shut up!” Jaejoong retorted the same whisper. After a while they left Eun Jae in Jaejoong’s room to settle in while the two of them went to the kitchen to help the three cook, in which, obviously they probably haven’t even started doing since they went there.

 

Eun Jae was looking around the room, checking out the things around. She sat on the edge of Jaejoong’s bed. She turned to the side by the side table and saw a photo of her and Jaejoong hugging real tight. Eun Jae was then about to look at the other side when…

 

-

 

“Hyung… I just realized something…” Yoochun said as he was helping Jaejoong peel the potatoes.

 

“What?” Jaejoong asked concentrating on the potatoes.

 

“Your room has your wedding photos with Eun Jae…” Yoochun said and Jaejoong simply nodded. Yoochun noticed how concentrated Jaejoong was with the potatoes so he nudged him. Jaejoong faced him, pouting but his eyes glaring.

 

“Hyung! Your room has photos of you with Eun Jae! Wedding photos!” Yoochun repeated and Jaejoong’s eyes grew in surprise. He then dropped the peeler and the half peeled potato and ran to his room and slammed the door open just in time before Eun Jae could turn her head to the side and see the other photos.

 

-

 

“Eun Jae!” Jaejoong yelled and Eun Jae then faced him before looking at the other photos in the room. Eun Jae was surprised at how Jaejoong entered the room and then he realized he frightened her.

 

“Uh… I’m sorry for scaring you…” Jaejoong apologized and Eun Jae then smiled and giggled at Jaejoong’s cuteness. Jaejoong felt his cheeks flushing red and his heart in been squeezed by chains real tight.

 

“T-Th-The guys… Wanted me to umm.. Call you… S-S-So you could help us cook… Cause… Changmin really loves your cooking…” Jaejoong said.

 

“He won’t stop bothering me to go get you.” Jaejoong said and Eun Jae smiled and stood up. Every step she made as she walked towards Jaejoong made his heart pound real loud. Jaejoong felt his breath getting heavier and Eun Jae stopped in front of him, their distance just practically 3 inches away. Eun Jae smiled and nodded her head.

 

“Of course…” Eun Jae said and then passed by Jaejoong, leaving him by the door, his hands spread towards the door frame and still surprised at what just happened. Eun Jae made her way to the kitchen and started to help Changmin boil some of the potatoes that have been peeled.

 

“Aish! Why are you putting salt on the potatoes Changmin!?” Junsu yelled at him.

 

“Because you should! Wae?! (Why?!)” Changmin retorted back.

 

“It’s going to taste too salty!” Junsu said.

 

“That’s cause we aren’t finished seasoning it you idiot!” Changmin said.

 

“Mwo?! Pabo?! (What?! Idiot?!) Yah! I’m older than you!” Junsu said.

 

“I don’t care!” Changmin said and continued to put some salt on the pot with potatoes while Eun Jae held onto the lid and waited for him to finish seasoning it so she would close it.

 

“Yah! That’s too much! It’ll taste too salty!” Junsu said then started to put some pepper in it. Changmin’s eyes grew in surprise as he saw what Junsu was doing then swat his hand away and Junsu dropped all the pepper in the pot, causing Eun Jae to snort as she covered with her free hand.

 

“Yah! Look what you made me do?!” Junsu yelled.

 

“Why are you putting pepper in it?!” Changmin yelled.

 

“Because we’re seasoning it!” Junsu said.

 

“Only with salt! We don’t need pepper!!!! You’re such an idiot!” Changmin yelled.

 

“I’m not! Take that back!” Junsu said getting hurt.

 

“Yeah fine! I take it back… In a million years!” Changmin yelled and Junsu sneered at him. He then looked down at Eun Jae and suddenly Junsu thought of an idea. He started to fake cry.

 

“Noona, Changmin’s being mean to me again!” Junsu said as he hugged Eun Jae by her waist and buried his face on her shoulder. Eun Jae was quite shocked but she placed her hand over his back and started to rub it gently.

 

“Mwo?! (What?!) What are you talking about!? What do you mean I’m being mean again?! You’re always mean to me! You should see the way he treated me when you weren’t around noona!” Changmin yelled. Jaejoong turned around to give them the rest of the potatoes and he was surprised to see what Junsu was doing. He felt jealous and suddenly dropped the bowl of potatoes causing the metallic bowl to make a loud sound. That stopped Changmin and Junsu from bickering and caused everyone to look at him. Eun Jae’s gaze at Jaejoong made him feel nervous and embarrassed.

 

“Hyung! The potatoes are all over the floor!” Yoochun said as he started to pick them up but failed to keep them on his hands since they were hot.

 

“Jaejoong sshi, are you okay?” Eun Jae asked. Once again, that calling. Jaejoong’s heart was squeezed even tighter, that blood was practically coming out. He bit his lower lip and was near tears. His eyes were getting watery. He quickly exited the kitchen and made his way out of the house, slamming the door and startling everyone, most especially Eun Jae, who felt as if she offended him in some way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

COMMENT PLEASE 8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD