Chapter 1: Forgotten Season

明日は来るから (Because Tomorrow Will Come)

And here it is :D

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Love & Promises…

 

Two words that are usually in contact…

 

Did you ever wonder if Love was real? Or if Promises were real? Can love really last for a long period of time, isn’t it that when we die the love in the world just seems so pointless? What about promises? Either way they are broken. You promise your mom you’d do good in school but you end up flunking. How would your mother feel after hearing that promise?

 

What about promising about love?

 

Doesn’t that hurt even more when it isn’t kept?

 

February 14, 2005

 

“Oppa, how much farther?” she said as she placed her hands gently onto her blindfolded eyes only to feel the roughness of the cloth, while a pair of strong protective arms were around her  waist and shoulder, guiding her to whichever destination they were off to. A light chuckle was heard.

 

“Just relax, almost there.” He said as he chuckled some more and guided her to somewhere quiet and peaceful. Away from the limelight and attentive eyes and ears of the world. They came to a stop and he let her go. She had a slight panic and her hands were searching for him but she only felt the cool breeze of the air.

 

“Oppa?” she spoke, feeling frightened. He came to her quickly as soona s he heard her speak and held onto her tight.

 

“I’m here, and always will be…” he whispered into her ears and kissed her softly, his soft plump lips were like a cure injected onto her, although painless. He started to untie her blindfold and as soon as soon as he took them off, her attention was caught at what she saw. There was a blanket on the middle, and surrounding it was a huge heart shape that was made from pink and red candles alternately placed , lit and because of the breeze you could smell their sweet scent.

 

“Oppa…” she said as she had a sweet smile on her face when she turned to look at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a soft kiss and looked at his wonderful creation again. He guided her inside the heart shaped spot and laid next to her on the ground and they watched the gorgeous stars that were gazing back at them.

 

Everything went as planned. He had planned this 2 weeks before, he was so confused on how to spend this special day with the love of his life, without people giving them attention and without something bright making snapping sounds and blinding them. He cuddled next to her, holding her real close as if any moment someone would take her away from him.

 

“This is really sweet… You’re so cheesy…” she said as she playfully punched his chest as she laid her head against it, hearing his wonderful heart beat. Only beating for her.

 

“You make me feel cheesy…” he said and chuckled along with her.

 

“Oppa, your heart beat is so wonderful…” she said as a smile crept up her face.

 

“That’s because I’m next to you.” he said and lowered his head down to kiss her forehead. He sat up and this caught her attention. He started to search for something inside his pocket and she simply watched him. She saw him pull out a  box and her eyes widened as she stared at him.

 

“Op-” before she could say anything he silenced her with a soft kiss. He pulled away and they both smiled. She suddenly felt something on her that didn’t seem like it was there before. She looked down at her hand and there was placed a gorgeous expensive ring, colored in gold and surrounded by small perfectly cut diamonds. This ring was most likely worth billions for all she knows.

 

All she could do was smile and gasp at the sight. It was gorgeous and it fit her perfectly. Her smile grew wider as she looked up at him. Her eyes were getting teary and before he could see them fall she leaned and hugged him real tight. He hugged her back in happiness, and he took that hug as a yes.

 

“I love you so much!” she said.

 

“I love you too… I love you so much… Nobody can ever replace you…” he said and pulled away from the hug. He brushed off the piece of her on her face and pushed it behind her ear.

 

“Lee Eun Jae…”

 

 

 

 

 

“Eun Jae…” Jaejoong was speaking in his sleep. His eyes were scrunching up real tight and his face looked as if he was having a bad dream of some sorts. Then his face softened and again, he repeated the same name. This was getting really….

 

Annoying…

 

To Changmin at least…

 

A while back, the room was so quiet and not a single sound could be heard from the room but because Jaejoong fell asleep, the only noise that could be heard apart from beeping sounds was Jaejoong repeatedly saying Lee Eun Jae’s name. Changmin has been observing his hyung sleeping next to Ji Bin’s body for approximately 30 minutes now.

 

“Hyung…” Changmin said but no response. Changmin sighed as he simply stared at Jaejoong who was busy dreaming about his non-existent wife. Or at least her soul was non-existent. Changmin scratched his head and went back to reading his book. After a while the beeping sounds became longer and this alarmed the two men inside the room. Jaejoong shot up from his seat and looked at the monitor.

 

The horrifying straight green line was cracking his gentle heart and he stared back at the lifeless body on the bed. Jaejoong madly shook the body, yelling the same name over and over again. Changmin dropped his book down and took hold of Jaejoong,  on cue, 2 doctors and one nurse came in with clip boards and god forbid Jaejoong’s fear.

 

Changmin pulled out Jaejoong from the room, despite not even receiving those orders. He pushed Jaejoong onto the wall and with all his strength from those years of being a member of TVXQ , he pinned Jaejoong against the wall, like a footballer player trying to help out a teammate.

 

“EUN JAE AH!!!” Jaejoong yelled throughout the hallway and people were looking at them, hearing the beeping sounds as well echoing throughout the hallways along with Jaejoong’s loud cries.

 

-

 

The newlyweds were on the couch cuddling and looking at each other’s hand, admiring that gold ring around their middle fingers. She smiled. She laid her head onto his chest and smiled even wider.

 

“When we have kids, do you want them to be a boy or a girl?” she asked and he chuckled.

 

“You’re thinking of that already? We’ve only begun the first day of getting married and being husband and wife. And your first day of being Mrs. Kim…” he whispered the last part onto her ear, sending those wonderful chills down her spine.

 

“I just want to know. I really want to have children by now you know. I’m pretty excited. I can’t wait that long. But if we did, boy or girl?” she asked, still admiring her ring. He was amused at how she contstantly looked at her ring. He huffed out some air from his mouth and began to think.

 

“Girl.” He simply shot it at her.

 

“Why?” she asked him.

 

“So I wouldn’t have to steal your attention from another man in the house.” He said and it caused her to laugh. But then it stopped and she sat up, still on his lap with his arm still around her waist while the other was holding on her hand.

 

“And if it’s a girl I have to steal your attention from her?” she said and he simply chuckled. She let go of his hand and crossed her arms, pouting and puffing some air like a child.

 

“I already have to share my husband with over a million of women and possible men out there and he wants to add one more? This is unfair! I’ll demand a divorce if you continue with this ridiculousness Kim Jaejoong!” she said and he chuckled at her adorable reaction.

 

“Don’t worry…” he said as he sat up, hugging her from behind and burying his face on her neck, kissing her soft skin gently as his grip around her waist tightened.

 

“Among all those women, and awkwardly, men, I will forever love you and only you. Kim Eun Jae…”

 

Beep….

 

Beep…

 

Beep…

 

Jaejoong stopped struggling as he heard one beep after the other with a span of two second silence between them. His breathing was becoming heavy but was gently calming down. The nurses along with one doctor exited the room. Jaejoong didn’t waste any time and marched right inside, shoving Changmin to the side.

 

Changmin heard the doctor give orders to the nurses outside about giving her better medication to resist risks like this. While inside, the other doctor simply checked her heart rate once more and prepped the monitor for better observation. Jaejoong was caressing her face gently and leaned down to give her a soft kiss.

 

“That’s really adorable.” She, the doctor, told Jaejoong. Jaejoong looked up and blushed a bit. He continued to brushed her hair as he stared down at her faint pale body.

 

“I love her too much…” Jaejoong responded and a smile formed his face, along with the doctor. She sighed and observed him for 10 more seconds.

 

“Mr. Kim, don’t worry, that was probably just a reaction to her asthma. A lot of that might be happening so try to not panic too much like earlier. I know it’s too much to ask but what she needs from you is that kind of love and no panicking. The nurses will be 24 hours alert every day until she wakes up. We’re going to give her better medication to ease the pain she’s probably having.” The doctor said as she began to jut down something on her clip board.

 

“She still feels pain even when she’s in a coma?” Jaejoong asked shocked as he stopped caressing her hair and the doctor nodded her head with a frown on her face.

 

“It’s natural, but hopefully she’ll wake up soon so she won’t have to feel the pain. Just give her all the love you can.” The doctor said and gave one last smile before heading out, brushing pass Changmin. Changmin comes forward to his hyung who is seemingly gazing at her again.

 

“They said they’ll give her better medication. And that the doctor will visit once a day to make sure things are running smoothly. She’ll be alerted by 4 nurses at night and 3 in the day time.” Changmin said and Jaejoong simply nodded his head.

 

“Is she awake yet?” a slightly deep voice was heard and they turned their attention to the person at the door. Yoochun. Jaejoong couldn’t help but clench his free hand into a ball of fist.

 

For the past several months, before all of this, Yoochun has held a grudge against her. A grudge that he couldn’t be blamed for, but Jaejoong wasn’t paying too much attention and was blinded by deep love…

 

Yoochun’s words… They defended her because he knew that this person never deserved to take over what his hyung and his noona had. The love that they shared was something he respected and to see all of that being brought to a downfall by a complete strange… Was angering him…

 

“Ji Bin? Own that body? Are you trying to make us all laugh? That body is still Eun Jae’s property no matter what you do kid!”

 

“Because it’s dangerous! You’re putting someone’s life on risk! And speaking of lives wouldn’t it be dangerous for her life? Do you want her to die for the second time?”

 

“Actually it’s a good thing you told us! If we didn’t know, who knows what could have happened to her.”

 

“Ya, it’s not her fault she’s being bitter… Now she shows her true colors…” Yoochun said whispering the last part to himself.

 

“Shut up, I wouldn’t believe what he said. I find it impossible that the real Eun Jae won’t return to that body.”

 

“No, but she treated me like a brother and I’ve never had a sister even if I wanted one.” Yoochun said.

 

“You have Yoohwan.” Junsu said.

 

“Well technically Yoohwan is a boy you idiot.” Yoochun said.

 

“No wonder you dressed him up as a girl when the two of you were younger.” Junsu said.

 

“How did you even know that?” Yoochun asked as he looked at Junsu.

 

“I saw a bunch of pictures in your drawer. He had this cute ribbon hair pin on and he was wearing a small pink princess dress.” Junsu said as he laughed at the thought of the picture he saw in the past of Yoohwan, Yoochun’s younger brother, dressed as a girl by Yoochun.

 

“Why would you care?” Jaejoong said and Yoochun felt a sting in his heart. He went near him and was about to place his hand over Jaejoong’s shoulder but pulled it back. Changmin didn’t like this reaction from Yoochun. When Yoochun found out about the secret, Changmin understood his feelings, he knew he was only taking it in and while he was doing that it was being shoved in his face and he wasn’t prepared for it yet.

 

“Hyung… The past is past… Can we please put it aside? For her sake please!” Changmin pleaded and Jaejoong sighed. Yoochun took this as a yes and went to the other side of the bed. His hands were buried inside his pocket as he looked at her body. It was just so painful looking at it. He could only imagine the pain she was suffering from before and now.

 

”Argh! Argh! ! Hyung! Stop it please! Argh!! It hurts! Dammit!!” Yoochun yelled as he tried to fight Jaejoong on the floor. Jaejoong had him on a headlock with his legs as he pulled onto Yoochun’s leg. Yunho was too busy to even care, Changmin was eating and watching while Junsu was just staring at the new commercial of one of his new found American friends Telisha Shaw.

 

“Omo! Jaejoong! What are you doing!?” she yelled in surprise and Jaejoong stopped, staying in that position and the two looked at her standing there watching them with wide eyes.

 

“We’re goofing around honey…” Jaejoong said innocently.

 

“Is nearly breaking Yoochun’s neck and leg joints goofing around for you? You know what, don’t even answer that stupid question I just gave you…” she said and tried to unwrap Jaejoong’s legs around Yoochun’s neck. Yoochun stood up with her help and began to rub his pained neck.

 

“Are you alright Yoochun?” she asked and Yoochun looked at her. He had a special spark on his eye and Jaejoong noticed this. He ruined Yoochun’s view by standing in front of his wife and blocking his view. It was like Yoochun went back to hell.

 

“Viewings over, this show has been cancelled, now move along and find something else to watch!” Jaejoong said as he cutely shooed Yoochun away with his hands. She giggled at his cuteness and hugged him from behind.

 

“I love you.” she said cutely and he blushed.

 

“Ha ha! Hyung’s blushing… He he…” Changmin said as he stuffed himself with chips and lazily sat there laughing at a now glaring Jaejoong.

 

“She’s fine, not yet awake. She’ll be fine and she might start having asthma attack again but no need to panic according to the doctor.” Jaejoong said softly.

 

“Noona please wake up… Hyung looks so ugly now… I can’t even differentiate him from his previous looks. I can’t tell if Cassiopeia will still accept the way he looks… Its mortifying noona…” Yoochun said and Changmin snorted and Jaejoong glared at him. Yoochun just gave him his dandy boy smile. And on cue, the two others came in.

 

“We have food!” Junsu yelled in joy as he raised two plastic bags, with Yunho following behind him with two more.

 

“Shh!” they all said as they placed their finger on their lips and glared at the innocent man who just came in.

 

“Mianhae… (I’m sorry…)” he said as if he was about to cry.

 

“I told you to be quiet…” Yunho warned him with a deep and tired voice as he came in.

 

“Well it’s not like noona could hear us…” Junsu said as he placed the bags on the table. Yoochun and Changmin started to glare at him. He chose the wrong words. Junsu slapped his hand onto his mouth and stared wide eye at Jaejoong who was now even looking more hurt than ever. Yunho slapped the back of his head and he winced in pain and was near to tears. They all chuckled at him, except Jaejoong who simply stared at the scenario.

 

“Yah… I thought I said to stop bullying the younger ones…” a voice that seemed cracked but harmonious spoke. Jaejooong’s heart fluttered and he turned quickly back to her. Her eyes were open, staring back at Junsu and Yunho. Junsu’s eyes along with Changmin and the rest were in wide shock.

 

“N… N….No… Noo… Noona?” Changmin said in a voice cracking and breaking down. Tears were forming in his eyes along with the others. They were way behind Jaejoong, who’s tears were already creating a waterfall and a flood in the room. She smiled and chuckled. They all ran to her surrounding her by her bed.

 

“We missed you noona!” Junsu said as he dived in for a hug causing her to cough a bit. Yoochun, Changmin and Yunho slapped his back and yelled at him. He pulled away from the hug and laughed along with her. Jaejoong was like a statue standing there and staring at her with tears falling.

 

“We’ve missed you. Are you really back? Are you really Eun Jae?” Yoochun asked and she gave them a confused look.

 

“Waeyo? (Why?) Did I suddenly get surgery that I don’t know of or something?” she asked as she started to feel her face and left the boys laughing.

 

“Ani… (No…) It’s a long story that shouldn’t be told. Do you know anyone named Kang Ji Bin?” Yoochun asked testing and the more she looked confused. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she stared at Yoochun in utter confusion.

 

“I’ll take that as a no. Welcome back.” Yoochun said and smiled and she just smiled out of confusion.

 

“I missed your smiles Yoochun, I never get tired of them…” she said and Yoochun blushed as he scratched the back of his head. Junsu noticed and chuckled as he gave a playful hit on Yoochun’s back. But it hurt so Yoochun ended up glaring at him and Junsu’s smile faded and turned into a nervous one.

 

“Don’t bully him, you surely love to bully poor baby Su.” She said and Junsu smiled at his noona.

 

“Noona, I missed your delicious beef stew, and your special spicy rice cakes!” Changmin yelled and tears were falling from his eyes. He started rubbing them and Yunho patted and rubbed his back gently.

 

“Aw, as soon as I get out of the hospital I’ll make you some. And Yunho, you’ve gotten handsomer the last time I remembered.” She said and Yunho had a prideful smile on his face. They all chuckled and she turned her attention to her hand, it was being held and gripped on tightly. She traced the hand, to the wrist, to the arm and up to its owner’s face.

 

She had a blank look on her face as she stared at the crying man. The gorgeous beautiful sparkling crying man who was there. Who was there with her day and night, only taking in 10 minutes of sleep and scolding himself for even sleeping for such a short span of time, when he could be watching her. The man who has completed her life… The man that-

 

“Who are you?”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

*gets shot*