Don't Think, Just Do.

Pancakes

Nothing on this entire planet could compared to Kris's pancakes.

At least in Tao's mind it didn't. Every morning he hoped that he would be able to find the leader in the kitchen with his stupid little pink apron, flipping pancake on the stove. Tao was convinced that the mornings he ate pancakes turned out to be the best days.

Tao hopped out of bed and instantly was consumed with a hardly there smell that he had become an expert at picking up. Apparently, today was going to be a good day.

He wanted to make sure that he was fully awake to experience the food that Kris only made once in a while, and to him it wasn't just eating. It was, in fact, an experience. Tao hauled himself out of bed and into the washroom, splashing water on his face and slapping some colour into his cheeks before making his way to the origin of the inviting fragrance.

He walked into the kitchen and sure enough Kris was standing in beside a plate stacked high with enough delicious pancakes to feed six and he was wiping batter covered hands on his apron. Tao never understood why the usually very masculine man felt the need to look like a fifties home maker whenever he cooked, but considering the result, he wasn't about to question his artistic process.

Kris apparently hadn't seen him walk in because when the younger let out a groan while he stretched his arms over his head, he flinched a little and spun around quickly.

“, Tao. You scared me.” He said through a long breath, flashing Tao a hasty smile before returning to his work.

Tao strolled over to were Kris was standing with his back to the other and s his arms around the older's waist, peering over his shoulder at the half cooked pancake on the pan. “Sorry gege.”

The corners of Kris's mouth turned up slightly at the contact, though he was fast to shake the boy off of him. “Hey, don't be all friendly with me just because I'm making you food.”

Tao released the older and walked around the kitchen in search for a plate. Kris also had special maple syrup that his friends from Canada shipped out to him all of the time, so Tao was lucky he was an early riser because Kris never shared it with the other members. He always told Tao that this was because he didn't want to waste it, and that the early bird gets the worm.

Tao dumped a little of the thick syrup from the glass bottle on to his plate and sat down at the table. Kris knew that he liked them right off the stove, it was half the reason he was still cooking even though he knew that there was already more than enough to feed all the members. He liked making Tao happy, though he never really knew why.

Kris lifted the pan off the hot surface and made his was over to where the younger was sitting, grin on his face and back straight in anticipation. He stacked three on Tao's plate, though he knew that the other would be standing up within minutes for seconds. As healthy as Tao usually was, everyone had their weaknesses. Kris raised his eyebrows as Tao began to cut into the stack. “Don't burn your tongue like last time. Let it cool first.”
“I can't, that's like saying 'wait, no don't look at this beautiful painting until it's done drying.'” he said as he began furiously blowing on the bite at the end of his fork. He plunged it into the sweet syrup before slowing putting it in his mouth. Very dramatically, he moaned and rolled his eyes back as he savored every second of the first bite.

Kris, on the other hand, just laughed at him. “Good?”

Tao looked at him as he swallowed and nodded. “Very.”

The younger took it upon himself to feed the other, given that he had just spent time making him one of his favourite things. He followed his own routine of cut, blow and dunk before standing up and nudging Kris on the arm. The older spun around and near knocked Tao off his feet. The younger felt his throat go dry as he realized how close their proximity was to each other. Their legs were touching as well as their upper bodies and faces were a mere few inches apart.

Tao gulped before moving back a little. “Here, try it.”

All of the sudden the bite that Tao was holding in his hands was in front of Kris's mouth as the younger looked away and tried to wrap his head around what just happened. He was close to Kris all of the time, but never has the other evoked such feeling's inside of him. He breathed out a shaky sigh as he peeked up at Kris who was enjoying the taste of his own creation. His bottom lip was coated in a thin layer of maple syrup and Tao had the urge to run straight at him and it off.

What in the mother ing name of the universe did he put in these? Tao mentally asked himself, while trying to shake himself of all the other thoughts running through his mind.

It seemed almost instant. He was noticing everything. The way Kris subconsciously tapped his fingers on his jeans, unable to be completely still and they way that the morning light that was beginning to stream through the window was causing his eyelashes to cast shadows down his high cheek bones. Tao felt his heart rate increase significantly.

What in s name is happening right now?

But Tao had never been one to harp on the 'whys' of a situation. Kris had been cleaning up his cooking supplies when Tao took a large step towards him. The feeling that sank deeper in his chest when he closed in some distance made Tao want to up and run away that second. So naturally, he decided to get even closer.

Kris looked up from wiping down the counter. “What's up?”

Holy , when did he get so ing stunning?

Tao puffed his chest out with the intake of a long breath. He took another step towards the leader and reaching out a hand that he gently placed on the other's shoulder. His hand slowly trailed from that position to down his arm, he watched as his fingers traced every curve of Kris's muscle tone. Kris shivered under Tao's light touch and looked away uncomfortably.

Kris was looking everywhere in the room. Everywhere except at Tao.  “T-Tao, what are you-”

The sound of Kris's gasp bounced off the walls of the room as the younger took a firm hold on his wrist and pulled, sending their bodies crashing together. Tao's mind was spinning in a thousand different directions, but being the person that he was he tried not to think so much and just do what he felt he needed to in the moment.

Head bowed, Tao had a direct view of the older's collar bones peeking out of his deep v-neck white shirt, one of many that he used to sleep in. Tao bit his lip thoughtfully, slowly dragging his gaze from Kris's chest, to his neck and up to his eyes. He was met with a look of confusion and slight concern, but no trace of anything too negative to make the persistent younger feel the need to stop.

Kris moved his mouth a few times, as if there were words on his lips that couldn't quite get out. “Tao.”

“Sh.” he replied, hardly letting the hiss of a noise get through his tightly pressed together lips.

When he felt the other's body relax slightly he released Kris's wrist and placed it on his chest. along his upper lip, Tao pushed his weight on to his toe's, leaving the tip of his tongue hardly visible in the corner of his mouth. Kris felt the other boy's hand get warm through his shirt, and didn't move, though he made no attempt to get away. Tao, with weak knees, pushed himself completely on to his toe's. He was close enough now feel Kris's heavy breath on his own mouth.

He watched intently as the taller's eyes dropped from his own eyes to his lips. Tao took this as invitation enough to erase the space between their barely touching mouths. He felt Kris freeze , and didn't even know if the other was  breathing to begin with.  As Tao began to move his lips, Kris melted into it entirely, letting his previously open eyes slide shut and reaching up to envelope Tao in his his long arms by the waist.

They moved slowly and cautiously, lips hardly ever parting and hearts pounding against each other's chests. There was a foreign and nervous feeling to it all, both feeling a mix of a million different emotions all at once. Tao was impressed with himself that he hadn't completely collapsed on the ground at any point.

It was then that a loud crash came from the entrance of the kitchen, breaking the almost dead silence and causing their teeth to clash together painfully as they both flinched.

“.”

“.”

Luhan stood in the in the door frame, electric toothbrush in ten pieces on the ground. Due to the fact that Kris was staring at his feet, he could see as one of the batteries rolled across the floor and in between his legs. The blond haired boy awkwardly fumbled around on the group in an attempt to collect the pieces of his toothbrush as the two other's in the room pushed away from each other. Tao scratched the back of his head and scrunched up his face and Kris just blankly stared at the ground.

“I-I don't. I just. You two.” Luhan stuttered. “I just wanted breakfast.” he huffed before rejecting every bit of the toothbrush and storming out of the room.

Tao was the first to break the silence once Luhan left, both remaining boys were leaning on the counter and not really looking at each other. “You taste like pancakes.”

“But you like pancakes.” Kris said matter of factly.

Tao grinned and glanced sideways at Kris. “I also like kissing you.”

Kris chuckled, pushing himself off the counter and placing himself back in front of Tao and was shaking his head. Reaching his large hand to cover the vast majority of the left side of the younger's face. He cupped Tao's face and tilted it up.

“You're an idiot.” he joked before leaning over the other and pressing into another kiss.

They broke apart, though very briefly, to smirk and chuckle at the shouting that was coming from the hallway.

“Holy Hell, Luhan's right!”

“OH MY GOD!”

“Minseok, look at what the our leader's doing!”

“Tao probably started it.”