Chapter 1

Dark Wings

 

Jessica came with ten minutes late in the fluorescent-lit lobby of the school Cross. A burly guard with a clipboard under her arm, which was like iron, already was giving instructions, which meant that Jessica will go along again.
 
"So, remember: recipes, residences and red" snapped the guard to a group of three students who had their backs to Jessica. "If you follow these basic rules, you will be safe"
 
Jessica wasted no time and joined the group. She still was not sure if either had completed that pile of documents they had been given her, or if the skinhead guard before her was a man or a woman, or if someone would help her carry the huge suitcase that she entailed, even if her parents were to get rid of her beloved Seat in return home. All summer had threatened to sell it, and now they had a reason that even Jessica could refute: no student was allowed to have car in the new school. Well, in the new reformatory, to be exact.
 
Still getting used to that word.
 
"Uh ... sorry, but could you repeat that you say?" She asked the guard. "How was it? Recipes? ...? "
 
"Well, look who's here" called out the guard, and then repeated slowly. "Recipes: If you are one of the students who need medication, there will give you pills that will help you not go crazy and keep breathing, you know?"
 
 
"I get it" Jessica felt arcades "Recipes"
For years he had stopped treatment. Although Dr. Kim, her specialist in Incheon, and the reason her parents had sent her to a boarding school in the distant city of Bucheon, had considered the possibility of medicating again following the accident last summer, after a several months of analysis became convinced of the relative stability of Jessica, and she was finally able to forget those nauseating antipsychotics.
 
That was the reason for her senior year she will enter in Cross one month after classes had started. It was pretty heavy to be new addition at the school to begin classes when the rest knew what it was all. However, judging by what she was seeing in the introductory visit, this was not the first day of school just for her.
 
She glanced at the other three students arranged in a semicircle around her. In the last school where he had studied, the Rose, met her best friend, Yuri, in the introductory visit campus, but in any case, in a school where the other students had practically grown up together, and would sufficed for Jessica and Yuri were the only ones who were not heiresses, also soon realize that they also shared the same passion for old movies, especially those starring Leonardo DiCaprio. After discovering, as they watched Romeo + Juliet, that neither would get popcorn without jump the fire alarm, Yuri and Jessica did not separate for a moment. Until ... they were forced to do so.
 
On either side of Jessica had two boys and a girl, and the latter was not very difficult to get an idea of what might be expected: redhead and pretty as the models of cosmetics ads and the pastel pink nail polish matching with plastic folder.
 
"I'm Tiffany" drawled a big smile showing it vanished as quickly as it had appeared even before Jessica could return the greeting.
 
To her right was a boy short brown hair, brown eyes, But the way he avoided the gaze and engaged in bitting a skin of the thumb , Jessica had the impression that, like her, was still confused and embarrassed to be there.

 

The one on the left, however, correspond to what Jessica imagined of that place, even with much accuracy. He was tall and thin, wearing a backpack shoulder disk jockey and shaggy blond hair, hazel eyes were large and hollow, and full lips and pink by that most girls would kill. In the neck, a black tattoo sun shaped loomed him by the collar of his black shirt almost seemed to burn on his light skin.
 
Unlike the other two, when this boy turned her stare. His mouth drew a straight line, but his eyes were warm and alive. he watch, still as a statue, causing Jessica also feel stuck in the ground and cut her breath: those eyes were intense and seductive, and also a little overwhelming.
The guard interrupted the trance of the guys with a cough. Jessica blushed and pretended to be busy scratching her head.
 
"Those who know how everything works already you may go after leaving here your dangerous goods" The guard pointed to a large cardboard box beneath a banner on which was written in large black letters: prohibited materials. "And, Ryeowook, when I say that you may go ..." she ran a hand on the shoulder of the dark-haired boy, who winced. "I mean you go to the gym to meet  with the students that I have assigned mentors. You "said to Jessica . "Leave here your dangerous goods and stay with me".
 
The four reluctantly came to the box, and Jessica watched, perplexed, as they began to empty their pockets. The girl pulled a knife eight inches red Swiss Army. The blond boy reluctantly allowed spray paint and a cutter. Even the unfortunate Ryeowook got rid of several boxes of matches and a small cigarette lighter charger. Jessica felt almost stupid for not having any dangerous goods, but when she saw the other take out of their pocket mobile phones and leave them in the box, she was speechless.
 
As she bent to read better the sign, saw the phones, pagers and radios were banned.So not only was left without a car! With a sweaty hand, Jessica picked up the phone she had in her pocket, her only means of contact with the outside world. When the guard saw her eyes, patted her on the cheek.
 
"Girl, do not fade away, They do not pay enough to raise students. And you can make a call from the main lobby weekly "
 
A weekly call ...? But ...
 
She looked for the last time her phone and saw that she had two new text messages. It seemed impossible that these were to be her last posts. The first was from Yuri.
 
Call me right away! Wait by the phone all night for you to explain it all. And remember the mantra that I told you to practice.SURVIVE! Also, if you're interested, I think everyone has forgotten ...
 
Yuri typical: she had rolled while ing phone that had omitted the last four lines. In a way, it felt almost relieved. she did not want to write about her as everyone from her old school already had forgotten what had happened, what she had done to end there.
 
She sighed and read the second message. It was from her mother, who just a few weeks ago had caught the hang of it to write messages, and which sure do not know what the call a week, because if not, in any way would have left her there. Do you?
 
My girl, we think of you every day. Be good and try to eat enough protein. We'll call you when we can. We love you, Mom and Dad.
 
Jessica sighed and realized that her parents knew. Now she understood the strange behavior that morning: her parents were already regretting because they would leave their only daughter.
 
"We're waiting for someone, I wonder who will?" Said the guard.
 
Jessica's attention turned abruptly to the box of dangerous goods, now b with contraband items that did not even recognize. She sensed that the boy's eyes light hair were fixed on her. She looked up and noticed that everyone watched her. It was her turn. She closed her eyes and slowly relaxed her fingers until the phone fell on the pile of belongings.
 
Ryeowook and Tiffany went to the door without even looking at Jessica, but the third boy turned to the guard.
 
"I could put up her with everything" offered, pointing to Jessica.
 
"Those are not the rules" the guard replied automatically, as if she had been expecting. "You go back to being a student again, and that means that you apply the rules of new students"
 
The boy stood motionless, expressionless, while the guard pulled Jessica.
 
"Come, come," she said, as if nothing had happened. "Residences"
 
The dorm was an imposing building and quadrangular a solid and gray block .
 
All the windows were blocked by rows of steel bars.
 
She looked. That was a barbed wire? Exceeding the fence surrounding the building?
 
The guard looked down at some papers, watching Jessica file.
 
"Room sixty-three. Leave your purse in my office with the rest of them at the moment. You can unpack this afternoon. "
 
Jessica pulled her red purse to the other three black trunks.
 
Still did not understand why she could not stay with her parents at home
Bucheon was less than half an hour from Cross. It felt so good to be back in the house, where, as her mother always said, until the wind blew lazily.
 
But Cross was unlike Bucheon. This place looked like a maximum security prison.
 
"And what does that red?" Jessica asked the assistant, ready to be released from the trip.
 
"The red," said the guard, pointing to a small device.
Jessica had not seen it before, but as soon as the guard pointed the first, she realized they were everywhere.
 
"Cameras?"
 
"Very well," said the guard, with a patronizing voice.
 
"All the time, everywhere, we are observing. So do not bother, that is better cooperate. "
 
Throughout the summer, the memories haunted her in her dreams and in the rare moments when her parents had left her alone. Something had happened in that cabin, and everyone is dying to know exactly why.
 
She and Taecyeon had been joking all night, chasing each other in the row of cottages on the lake, away from the rest of the game. She tried to explain that he had been one of the best nights of her life, until became the worst.
 
Had been so long that night repeating in her head when she heard Taecyeon laugh, feeling his hands around her waist, and trying to reconcile her instinct that she was actually innocent.
 
But now, every rule and norm in Cross seemed to go against that idea, seemed to suggest that she was, in fact, dangerous and should be controlled. Jessica felt a firm hand on her shoulder.
 
"Look", said the guard." If it makes you feel better, you're far from the worst Here ".
 
"Well, the orientation is over," said the guard.
 
"You are in your own place now. Here's a map if you need to find something else. "She gave Jessica a photocopy of a crude hand-drawn map, then glanced at her watch.
 
"You have an hour before your first class" then waved to Jessica. "Be careful. And do not forget, "she said, pointing to the cameras for the last time. "The red light is watching"
 
Before Jessica could answer, a skinny girl, brunette, appeared in front of her her long fingers moving on the face of Jessica.
 
"Ooooooh," mocked the girl with a voice like ghosts, dancing around in a circle. "The red light will watchhh"
 
"Go away, Taeyeon, before I rebuke you," said the guard, but showed a genuine smile briefly, She had some affection for the crazy girl child.
 
It was also clear that Taeyeon was not for the love. She mimicked certain movements in the guard, then looked at Jessica, to offend.
 
"And just for that," she said the guard, pointing an angry note in her book, "You won the task of showing the school to 'Little Miss Sunshine today'."
 
Pointed at Jessica, who seemed anything but Sunshine, in black jeans, black boots and black top.
 
The too big polo turtleneck Jessica's mother had forced her to wear this morning did not favor at all her curves, even her best feature was gone. Taeyeon analyze her, tapping a finger against her pale lips. "Perfect" she said, moving to entangle her arm through Jessica. "I was just thinking that might require a new slave."
 
The door to the lobby opened and a tall boy with brown eyes came. He shook his head and told Jessica,
 
"This place is not afraid to undress to register. So if you're keeping something else dangerous "- he raised an eyebrow and shot a lot of things not recognizable in the box" save yourself the trouble "
 
After Jessica, Taeyeon laughed under her breath. The boy's head was raised, and when their eyes met Taeyeon he opened his mouth, then closed it, as if unsure of how to proceed.
 
"Taeyeon" he said quietly
 
"Jaejoong", she said
 
"You know him?" Jessica whispered
 
"Do not remind me," said Taeyeon, dragging Jessica out the door. The back of the main building was broken into a road bordering a neglected field.
 
Taeyeon immediately went out of the way and drove Jessica to the countryside, sitting her on one of the wet wooden bleachers.
 
"So " Taeyeon said.
 
"Now you know Seoyeon".
 
"I thought his name was Jaejoong".
 
"We're not talking about him," Taeyeon said quickly, "I mean the travesti in there" Taeyeon pointed her head toward the office, "What do you think, boy or girl?"
 
"Uh, girl?" Said Jessica. "Is this a test?" Taeyeon smiled. "The first of many. And you passed. At least I think you passed. The gender of most teachers here is a school-wide debate. Do not worry, you'll get used "
 
"Very well, let it go," Taeyeon ordered. "What did you do to get here?" Taeyeon's tone was playful. It was ridiculous but she almost had hoped to spend the first day of school without the past. Of course people here would want to know.
 
Instead of answering, she looked at Taeyeon, who was reclining in the stands, wearing a pair of big black sunglasses that covered the best part of her face.
 
  "Are you afraid of who you really are, Jessica?". "No" said Jessica quickly. It must be obvious that she was lying. She closed her eyes.
 
"The central block there is Carmelites. It is where we have our social events called Wednesday night. And all of our classes, "she said, pointing to the yellow building.
 
"Fair warning" Taeyeon continued. "You're going to hate school here. You would not be human if you did not "
 
"Why? What's so bad about them? "Said Jessica. Maybe Taeyeon just did not like the school in general.
 
"Over here, you will find our art gym," she said taking the nasal tone of voice of a tour guide. "Yes, yes, to the trained eye looks like a church. It used to be "
 
Jessica moaned. She had always hated gym class. "Girl ,after my heart," pitied, "Coach Siyoung is wic-ked"
 
"Intolerable. Oh, and there is the cemetery. "
 
Jessica followed the direction marked with her finger unto the far left of the courtyard, just beyond the bedroom.
 
"Is that a cemetery?"
 
"Yep. It used to be a military academy, in the days of the civil war. So this was where they buried their dead. It's chilling everyone out. And oh god, " said," stinks to high heaven "Then she winked at Jessica.
"We go there often." Jessica looked at Taeyeon to see if she was playing.
 
 "Rule number two, do not listen to me!" laughed, shaking her head. "I'm certifiably crazy!" She started jogging again and Jessica went after her. "Wait, what was the number one rule?"
 
"Stay alert!"
 
At the time they were around the classroom building, stopped short.
 
"cool effect" she said.
 
"cool" Jessica repeated.
 
All other students seemed to be clustered around the trees. Nobody seemed quite happy to be outside, but no one seemed ready to go either.
 
A girl and a boy who were holding hands had sewn sequins in shape of skulls and crossbones on the back of their black vests. Every few seconds, one of them pulled the other to kiss in the forehead.
 
Behind lovers, a group of blond boys stood leaning against the wall. Each wore his vest, despite the heat. His black pants hit the edge of his perfectly polished dress shoes. Of all students patio, they seemed the most normal to Jessica. But a closer look quickly away in detail of the guys that she used to know.
 
Guys like Taecyeon.
 
Standing just there was a group, these guys radiated a specific kind of rudeness. It was right there in the look in his eyes. It was hard to explain, but suddenly it hit Jessica, everyone in this school had their past. Everyone here probably would not want to share secrets. But she could not tell whether this really made ​​you feel more or less isolated. Taeyeon realized that Jessica's eyes ran over the rest of the guys.
 
"We all do what we can for the day," she said with a shrug.
 
"But in case you have not seen the vultures flying around, this place stinks of death." She sat on a bench.
 
Jessica clean a lot of wet fallen leaves but just before sitting down, she noticed another dress code violation.
 
A very attractive dress code violation.
 
He wore a bright red scarf around his neck. Maybe it was because he was the only spot of color in the yard, but he was all Jessica could look. In fact, all around seemed to pale in comparison, for a long time, Jessica forgot where she was.
 
She noticed his brown hair. His high cheekbones, dark sunglasses covering his eyes, the shape of his soft lips . In all the movies that Jessica had seen, in all the books she had read, the focus of love was quite attractive, except for that little detail. The charming swirl in his hair,the beautiful mark on his left cheek. She knew because, if the hero was so impeccable, he would be unattainable. But unattainable or not, Jessica always had a soft spot for the sublimely beautiful. Like this guy.
 
He leaned against the building with his arms crossed slightly over his chest . And for a second Jessica saw a picture of herself embraced by those arms.
 
No. That was crazy. Right? Even in a school full of crazy people, Jessica was sure that this instinct was crazy. She did not even know him.
 
He was talking with a guy . Both were laughing genuinely and loud-in a way that made Jessica strangely jealous. She tried to think back when was the last time she laughed, really laughed .
 
"That's Lee Donghae," Taeyeon said bowing and reading her mind. "I can say that he has attracted the attention of someone."
 
"And who does not," Jessica agreed. "Yeah well, if you like that kind of thing"
 
"And how else you might like?" Jessica said, unable to keep the words came out 
 
"His friend there is Leeteuk" Taeyeon said, pointing in the direction of the boy. "He is great. The type of guy who can get their hands on things, you know?
"Not really", Jessica thought, biting her lip. "What kind of things?"
 
Taeyeon shrugged, using her Swiss Army knife to remove a strand of a gash in her black pants. "Just stuff. Ask and you will receive "
 
"What about Donghae? Jessica asked, "What is his story?"
 
"Oh, she does not give up" Taeyeon laughed, then cleared . "Nobody really knows," she said. "He fits well with his aura of mystery. It may be just a typical idiot reformatory "
 
"I'm no stranger to the idiots," said Jessica, but as soon as the words were out, she want to remove. After what happened with Taecyeon whatever has happened, she was the last person who should be making judgments of character. She looked back to Donghae. He took off his glasses sliding them into his jacket, then turned to face her.
 
His gaze caught hers, and Jessica watched as his eyes grew wider and then quickly narrowed in what appeared to be a gesture of surprise. But no-it was more than that. When Donghae's eyes maintained hers, her breath caught in . She recognized him from somewhere.
 
But she would have remembered meeting someone like him. She would feel so absolutely shaken remembering how she felt right now.
 
She realized she still had her eyes hooked on him when Donghae smiled. A gush of warmth ran through her. She felt her lips lifted into a smile back to him, but then he raised his hand in the air.
 
And showed her the middle finger. ( you)
 
Jessica gasped and lowered her eyes. "What," asked Taeyeon, blind to what had just happened. "Never mind," she said. "No time, the bell rings."
 
The bell rang as if was the right time and the entire student body began to enter the building. Taeyeon was pulling Jessica's hand and spitting instructions on how and when she would meet her. But Jessica was still shocked at being insulted by a stranger.
 
Her momentary delirium on Donghae had faded and now all she wanted to know was: What was the problem with this guy?
 
Just before she slinks in her first class, she dared to look back. His face was expressionless, but there was no mistake, he was watching her leaving.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Is it too long? sorry if it is
 
Im not going to update my other ff til saturday, im not feeling like writing something , dont feel disappointed.
Hope you like it, and before i forget THANK YOU to all subscribers in Only One, I try to do something super hot for Only One.
 
Keep waiting~~