- YOUR TRUST -

TAKE MY HAND [SECRET'S MEMBERS STORY]

 

CAST : Woohyun and JiEun

 

“Guess what?” Her sweet voice rang through the door and definitely beat the voice of the tv which was airing the soccer ball competition. WooHyun only hummed as his eyes never left the tv, his careless action built the anger in JiEun as he kept looking at the tv and not her. JiEun stomped her feet on the floor in order to make him looking at her. She was almost success if the damn competition didn’t become even more attractive than before. “Woohyun!!” JiEun yelled loudly and this time she got a little of his attention.

“What is it, JiEun?” Woohyun asked, he turned his head on her direction for milliseconds before snapped it back to the tv again. “I need your help, please?” JiEun said pleadingly, she was hoping that he would say yes and woke up from the couch but the reply let her to be all disappointed, “Your questions and asks are never being easy to do, wait until the competition finish.” Woohyun said coldly. Just by the way he talked, JiEun had lost her interest in continuing what she was doing earlier.

Sighing hard, she went to the kitchen and cleaned the mess she was having before. She pouted angrily as she put the dishes into the sink. She didn’t bother to wash them as she was really having a bad mood at the time. She wanted to nag on him but she realized she would only get hurtful comments about her being too childish. Holding her angry tears, she climbed on the stairs and went to the house’s library. When she passed the mirror near the library, she gasped on her reflection as it was such a mess. Her hair wasn’t tying in good way and her face was full of flours.

She wiped away the flour from her face and untied the bun. When she looked at the mirror again, she felt her heart aching more. She looked old in the mirror, she looked so weird and she wasn’t pretty enough. Thinking about it made her remembering the way he looked. Woohyun was perfect, his face was very perfect and cool in its own way. The lips were hard to resist, the eyes were warm and full of love. Sometimes JiEun wondering why he chose her over all of those beautiful ladies out there.

“I’m an ugly duck.” She whispered and then the tears started falling as her mind couldn’t process any beautiful or wonderful memories anymore. All she could see was how ugly and bad she was than her husband. She bit her lips to prevent herself from sobbing, her heart was aching so much that it would burst in any seconds now. She tried to inhale as much as she could though she failed and ended panting so hard for the air. She heard the tv’s volume was being turned off by Woohyun and it signed her that he was looking for her existence. She quickly wiped away the tears from her face and put a wide smile on her face. She wasn’t going to let him see what he had caused to her because she wasn’t that easy.

She stayed there until finally his worried voice rang to her ears, “JiEun? Are you there?” She was going to reply him when she realized that her voice was slightly changed. Panicking, she tried to cough very slowly to make her voice sounded more normal. “JiEun?” Now she could hear that he was going to stand up from his precious couch. In the panic state, she gave up by shouting back as happy as she could do to him, “I’m okay, Woohyun. I’m just going to take a nap.” She replied with a shout too. She could feel his hesitant but he finally back to watch the show anyway.

She entered the library, the library was kinda small actually and it was full with the books Woohyun and JiEun had really loved and collected. She was touching one of her favorite books when the door was opened in a rush. Woohyun’s face came to the sight. He still looked handsome despite the fact that he was a bit panting. JiEun raised an eyebrow to him as he was still rooting on his place and scanning her from head to the toe. Deciding that he was still too tired from his hide and seek play, she changed herself to the bubbly one.

She jumped happily to approach him and having her aegyo all over while asking him sweetly, “Are you okay, Woohyun-ah?” To her surprise, he smiled upon her and not getting angry like he usually did when she used her aegyo too much. “You’re alright.” He softly murmured. Smiled gently, Woohyun ruffled her hair in love as he suddenly brought her into his embrace. “What?” JiEun finally asked, looking up to Woohyun with a confused face. “Nothing, baby, I’m just glad you are alright.” Woohyun said, kissing her temple and made her even more confused than before.

JiEun didn’t ask anything and she slowly turned her heels in a deep confusion with everything he said but Woohyun’s sudden grip on her wrist stopped her from moving on, so she only could stay on her place with eyes looking at the younger boy. “What is it again, Woohyun?” JiEun asked, this time her mature side had showed up to the surface. “I love you. Remember that, okay?” He said, almost whispering if his voice came one octave lower. “I know it, silly.” JiEun smiled widely, swaying their hands in full of joy. Woohyun just nodded with his smile was still on his face.

“Go pick your books, you will be busy tomorrow. So you better enjoy your holiday first,” Woohyun said as he pulled his hand from her. JiEun didn’t say a word as she walking back happily just like a little child would do when they were let to choose their favorite things. Woohyun heaved a deep satisfaction sigh before he went out and closed the door behind him. JiEun, however, still couldn’t let herself to be relaxed as she still remembered that look on his face. What had he thought actually until he became soft in a sudden?

She knew her husband wasn’t someone who can let go of things easily, he had this phobia about being left alone. And he had suffered because of it, even when he had already had JiEun on his side. And that sometimes left JiEun questioning if ever he had once considered her as his wife, someone who would be on his side forever till the death separated them. She knew Woohyun wasn’t a man who took everything seriously, he was covered up by fears for some secret reasons she didn’t want to know. And he was an angry man, he was easy to be burnt up with simple things. Lately, he was easy to be burnt up by her childish act and behavior when she was with him. He would be so angry when she attacked him with her aegyo and though she had said sorry for him, he would ignore her to the state she finally zipped close for sometimes.

Remembering it made her chuckles as she knew she had annoyed him too much. She knew she had to his limit sometimes but she just couldn’t resist teasing the younger, he was just that cute when he was angry to her. Humming as she tried to push the thoughts out, she walked out from the library. Silence greeted her and it made her shivering a bit. “Woohyun?” But no one answered her. She looked around the house but her husband had gone already. She felt her heart ached with the attitude he had showed but however, she went to the couch and read. She decided to just read until he came.

She had already drifted to the dreamland when the gentle shakes woke her up. “Why you have already slept? It’s only 4 p.m. now.” He whispered softly to her. She blinked sleepily as she adjusted her eyes to the man in front of her. “Where were you going?” She sleepily asked as she tried to sit up from her position. “I was buying some ingredients for your cookies.” Woohyun said happily, showing her the plastic bag he was carrying before. “…..What?” She eyed him in disbelief as she dig into the plastic and found everything she needed to finish her cookies. “You can re-make your cookies now. Go, finish it.” Woohyun sweetly said, tapped her arms in playful manner as she looked at him with happiness was drawn obliviously on her face.  “Thank you, Woohyun!!” She hugged him in a sudden, in a very tight hug.

“Alright, alright, you’re welcome, princess. Now, go. You will need the cookies for tomorrow’s picnic right? The Sakura flowers are going to bloom tomorrow.” Woohyun said, pushing his wife to stand up and going to the kitchen. “I really love you, Woohyun.”  JiEun chirped as she was running away as fast as she could to the kitchen, leaving her husband behind.

“Stupid girl.” Woohyun smiled widely, looking at her hyperactive figure going around the kitchen.

 

***

 

“When are we going to go?” JiEun’s impatient voice soon heard when he was still dying on the bed, trying to catch some more times to wake up. “After this…..” Woohyun mumbled as he covered his face with the pillow. “Woohyun!!” JiEun started whining, she shook his body in anger but he was just as stubborn as she was, “No.” Woohyun mumbled under the pillow. “Woohyunnnnn!!” JiEun whined again but now she had sat on his flat stomach and started pulling the pillow and made Woohyun to groan in pain as she kept rolling her hips on his stomach.

“JiEunnie, get up from my body.” Woohyun removed the pillow from him with his eyes were still closing and refusing to open it. JiEun wanted to slap him so bad because he always became the man who couldn’t make his promises became true. Sometimes JiEun would be wondering if he really thought of her existence in his life, if he really cared on her. “And tell me again why you’re so excited about the picnic?” He sleepily said under her, yes, under her as she was still sitting on him stubbornly. “Because I have prepared everything for today! I want to have a nice holiday with my husband before he’s going back to the idol’s life.” JiEun said with her small hands hitting his chest lightly.

Groaning in pain, he held her wrists to stop her from hitting him. “Alright, I understand. Now, get up please, you make my stomach hurt, baby.” Woohyun tried to push her off him but she remained rooting on her place. “JiEunnie, are we going or not?” Woohyun groaned with his eyes now fully opened. “We are!” JiEun shouted happily, she was going to climb down from his body before she went back to her position on Woohyun, “What is it again, JiEun?” Woohyun asked, eyeing her in clear tired. “I forgot to give you this,” And with that, JiEun leant closer to his face and kissed him warmly. She his lips for the last time before she rolled over to the bed, leaving Woohyun to be speechless.

“Woohyun, go take a bath now.” JiEun pushed him over the edge with her legs. Woohyun, who was still stunned, nodded and went to the bathroom silently. Inside the bathroom, Woohyun starred into the mirror, looking at his reflection in it. “What’s going on with her?” He mumbled as his hands slowly ruffled his hair. JiEun climbed down the bed and tidied it up before she went to prepare everything for that day. She hummed as she waited for him to come out from the bathroom with a lot of patient, her mind started wandering to somewhere else as she waited for him. The first thing she remembered was their first date, it was a chaos thing they had ever done for the first time in their relationship. She remembered how noisy people around them, giving them their best advices to him and her.

But well, at the end they did it in their way because Woohyun brought her out from their sight as he brought her to a silent place. They went into an awkward phase until JiEun thought he wouldn’t contact her again when he surprisingly started talking with her in front of the public and even spread information about them being a couple after a few days from their first date. She was being a confused girl at the moment when he asked her to do the second date and he asked her to be his girlfriend at the moment. They had been through many things, they had been into many things. She had known him more than he did, oh yes, she knew it. In a relationship, there is always someone who loves the other more than the other does. She knew she was acting as the one who loved him the most, she was the one who lightened the mood between the two whenever they met.

 She was wondering when she was going to break up with him when he suddenly announced everywhere that he was going to marry her. That dumb- called Woohyun. He got bashed by his fans because his act and she did get some of it too, leaving her to be very angry at first with him. He came at the night and asking her to forgive him. She was being a stubborn at first when he suddenly called her as an immature child. Without much thinking, JiEun yelled to him that she was going to marry him. Woohyun was speechless and JiEun felt satisfied for it, very satisfied until she realized what she had done.  The two went into silent as they didn’t know what to say, Woohyun handled everything with bringing her to his embrace and assuring her everything was going to be okay.

It was funny though, she had never received any engagement ring or seeing him kneeling in front of her. She had this desire to see him kneeling in front of her and saying how much he loved her. Sure, she knew he was just that cold to say things like that. Sure, she was just too childish for hoping him to admit her as a mature woman. The pressure was so heavy for her and she had already had some tears on her face.

Woohyun was watching her all of the time, admiring her beautiful face. Admiring the silence between them though it was oblivious that she didn’t know he was there. But it was okay for him as he really loved the way she looked at that time. When she started having tears on her face, he became worried but he held himself on his place, deciding that he had to watch a little longer. She was sobbing now and seemed like she had come back to her sense. Woohyun couldn’t bear the scene anymore as he started walking to her. He softly wiped the tears away from her face, she was a bit shocked at first but started smiling as she too started wiping her own tears. “What is it?” Woohyun asked, her fingers were still rubbing her face in a soft manner. “It’s nothing.” JiEun replied. Woohyun looked at her right into her eyes as if he was telling her to be honest. And he was replied by, “It’s nothing, believe me.” Jieun once again said, pouting under his touch.

Woohyun looked at her for the last time before nodding, “Alright, let’s go then?” JiEun nodded happily as she stood up and wiped her face once again. Woohyun watched her from the couch with a pained heart, he knew she was crying over something and it broke his heart that she didn’t want to tell him. She was being a fast wife as she suddenly nudged him off from the couch and dragged him to go out as fast as he could. They were driving in the car when he asked her again with a cold tone like he usually used, “Where are we going?” JiEun who was fully aware by his change didn’t say much as she said simply that she wanted to watch Sakura.

Woohyun glanced at her for seconds before nodding, JiEun knew he was a bit disagree with it but hey! It was him who told her that they were going to have a picnic by looking at the blooming Sakura flowers. “Woohyun, when are you going to go back to Korea?” JiEun asked, looking at him lovingly. He was smiling warmly to no one, JiEun didn’t really know if the smile was for her or not. “It’s tomorrow, why? Do you need something?” He replied back in almost a lazy voice. “Oh. Nothing, just asking, Woohyun.” JiEun then didn’t ask anything while they were driving through the roads.

Woohyun was being a silent man he was as he kept focusing on the roads. It was a few moments afterwards that he realized that her face was showing something else, she didn’t have that happy face she had earlier. She was worrying over something and Woohyun could see it written over her face. He wanted to ask but it was too late as they had arrived to the park. “You go first, I’m going to park the car, okay?” Woohyun nicely told her, looking at the cute face with a fake smile plastered on his face. JiEun nodded weakly and started leaving with her bag was on her shoulder and the picnic basket was on the other hand.

“What’s wrong with you, Song JiEun?” He whispered as he parked the car. He sighed hard as he climbed out from the car and hurriedly went to her. She was watching the flowers in awe and admiring the beauty of them as she sat waiting for Woohyun on the ground. Couples and families were everywhere, she was surely the one who was sitting alone in the park, waiting for her husband. She looked everywhere but he was nowhere to be found. She took a deep sigh as she started playing with her fingers playing. “JiEun!” His voice brought joy to her as she hurriedly turned her head to the source with a huge smile was on her face. But her smile dropped when she saw him bringing someone else with him. A female who looked prettier than she was and looked mature from every side she looked. JiEun watched from the corner of her eyes that people were whispering about the two, they did look match. Forcing a smile, JiEun looked at Woohyun questioningly.

“Meet my friend, Sakura!” Woohyun said happily, his face was showing a sincere smile that JiEun wanted to remove it from his face so bad. “Hello!” The Sakura girl greeted the frozen JiEun. JiEun coughed awkwardly before finally decided that she had to play her role very well in the meeting too, “Hello.” She said, smiling. “I told ya, Sakura, she is good.” Woohyun said as he winked to the Sakura girl. Sakura laughed heartedly to him. The two started absorbing into their chats and slowly forgotten JiEun’s existence. Holding her breaking heart, she started to walk away from them. She didn’t know where she was heading to and didn’t know why she was going away just like that.

But all she knew was her heart was aching so much but Woohyun just being a careless man after all. She was having this heartache but he was talking happily to someone else. She didn’t want him to pity her, she only wanted him to assure her that he was going to be there for her. But he didn’t give her the satisfaction. He didn’t give her the hope. He was slowly becoming too far for her to reach, he wasn’t the man she used to know years ago when all he did was being the man who was full of love. Now when they were in their twelfth year to be together, he was walking away from her. She was the stupid one, she thought. Woohyun is a year younger than her, he was a good looking man and he was nice when he wasn’t with her. He could easily get to know many pretty girls without even trying to do something, he was just that valuable than her. She wanted to just disappear from the world as she realized it. She wasn’t pretty, she wasn’t a professional worker, she only could sing but her voice wasn’t special or good, she was just a kid trapped in an old age. She was struggling with herself and her eyes were blurring already, she didn’t know where she was.

She was still walking when suddenly she tripped and fell. She moaned in pain as she felt her skin was torn and without able to be prevented anymore, she had cried on the street. Some people were crossing by and looking at her curiously. Woohyun was sighing and kicking things in front of him with a clear frustrate, she was missing and he couldn’t find her. He had cursed himself for times for being such a careless man for her, he was sorry for what he had caused to her but seemed like she had hurt just too much. That was when he found her tripped and started crying alone on the street.

His heart was broken. Watching her to be breaking into pieces hurt him so much and watching her handling everything alone even more hurt than he could think. With his aching heart, he approached her. She was startled at first but when she realized it was him she didn’t say anything. Her face was shining because of her tears but after all, she looked alright. And that was when he saw the wound on her knees. “You’re injured, can you walk?” He asked worriedly, he was going to kneel and examine it when her hands stopped him from doing so, “Let’s just go home.” JiEun said shortly. He blinked in confuse at first and he was going to argue when JiEun once again talked, “Stop it, let’s go home.” Woohyun obeyed her, he helped her to walk but she wasn’t that strong as she suddenly stopped walking. “JiEun, we have to make a way. Your leg is hurting.” Woohyun tried to let him help her more than just what she told him. “No, Woohyun. Just walk to the car and we’ll go home.” The stren voice she used was so strong that Woohyun finally gave up.

“Carefully, okay?” He said again, this time with a try to look at her face. She nodded without looking at him but instead she was looking straight at the streets. Woohyun sighed as he started walking with JiEun beside him. One of his hands was holding her on the waist and the other was holding her hand. She had been too quiet until it scared the hell out of him but he kept silent though. He didn’t know what had actually happened to her until she could be that cold.

When they had been into the car and heading to the home, she didn’t talk to him either. She had been so damn weird for his limit and whenever he tried to start a conversation with her, she would turn it down like nothing. “JiEun..” He once again called for her when they had already been in front of their house. “Woohyun, I have to go inside soon. The bleeding hasn’t stopped.” JiEun said, her voice remained calm through the panic state she was in at the moment. Woohyun starred at her first before finally helped her to get into the house. Woohyun was going to help her taking the medicines when she took it all by herself though she cringed by every movement she made.

“Jieun, let me help you!” Woohyun finally yelled in frustration and Jieun on the other side was handling her wound carefully. “Woohyun, stop yelling. You make me uncomfortable with it.” She said in too calm voice and too cold tone. “JiEun, what is it? Why you changed so suddenly?” Woohyun asked, his hands had been on the sides of his waist, trying to calm his angry heart. “Woohyun,” She called his name in such a sweet voice, made him to shiver. “Eh?” He only could answer it with a short reply by the sudden shock he was facing. “Who am I for you, Woohyun?” She asked, there was no mercy in her voice and she was looking like she was going to kick him out from the house if he was going to fight her.

“You’re my wife, of course!” Woohyun answered it proudly. JiEun felt her heart aching again when he said it, she was going to burst into tears again because she didn’t know if she had to laugh or cry over the answer. He was just too much sometimes and it did make her frustrate, he was being too naïve in some aspects and he just didn’t know where he was in the relationship. Thinking about it, JiEun knew that she wasn’t the kid in the relationship. She was the nanny in the relationship and Woohyun was the kid. She was taking care of him while he was messing around. She had to be patient while he was pushing her to the edge.

“Woohyun, just pack your things for tomorrow. I’m going to take shower.” JiEun voiced out as she limply walking to the bathroom, leaving the speechless Woohyun alone. “I did wrong again to you, didn’t I?” He whispered softly. The stung feeling was remaining in his heart, making it was even worse than before when he only watched her crying. “How many times have I made you crying on me?” He whispered again, massaging his temple as he was letting the pain going through his body.

The day was getting worse as JiEun didn’t speak for the rest of the day, letting them to eat in silence and doing things in silence too. He thought he was going to burst out in laugh if one of his friends told him that they fought like what they were doing but he was in the situation. When the night had covered them, she went to the bed earlier than him. He was watching the television but with his thought was anywhere else.

He was thinking about the chances and possibilities he had but seemed like he couldn’t escape any of it if he was facing a hurt and angry JiEun. He wanted to sink into a deep ocean when he thought about his faults to her. He wanted to hug and touch her again, he wanted her to be on his side and not walking away from him. He turned off the television as he went to the upper floor. JiEun insisted to sleep on their room which was on the second floor. He couldn’t say anything as she wasn’t going to let him speak with her.

When he entered the room, he could see that she had already fallen into a deep sleep and peaceful. He climbed on the bed and looked at her peaceful face, “How long I haven’t seen this face of yours, JiEun? How long haven’t you felt the peacefulness in our relationship?” He murmured, brushing the hair out from her face. She looked like a hurt angel with her position alone. She moved a little under his touch, made a smile to form on his face. “You know that I love you right?” He asked again, still murmuring. A tear had fallen from him on her face. He quickly wiped it before she could wake up but it was too late. “Woohyunnie?” Her voice was so thin that he thought it would be broken soon. “Yes, baby?” He murmured still brushing her face. “I miss you.” She stated in sleepy, scooting closer to him as she buried her face on his waist. “I miss you too, baby.” He said back but met with a sleeping JiEun. He chuckled as he realized that she didn’t really wake up, she was unconscious when she said it to him.

Why don’t you believe me, Song JiEun? I can take care of you with all of my life. I can do everything for you.” He said as he brushed her face again. He slowly sneaked into the blanket as he covered the two of them with the blanket. He flung his arms around her, bringing his body closer to hers. “I really love you, Song JiEun,” He whispered before drifting to sleep.

“Woohyun?” Her gentle shake woke him up. “Uhm?” He still hadn’t been fully conscious but he brought her closer to his embrace anyway. “Woohyun, what time is your flight?” She was asking with a clear uneasiness in her voice. “I’m going to stay a day longer with you in Japan.” He answered simply without even really answered her question.

“Woohyun, don’t be crazy. You have to go now.” JiEun pushed her gently from her body. “No,” He replied stubbornly. JiEun was confused by the way he acted, she didn’t understand why he kept being stubborn and disobeying her continuously. Was she just that weak for him? She chose to keep silent as she felt that her anger was building in her heart. “Ssongjiii..” He whined childishly, but she chose to keep silent. She was just that angry that he didn’t want to listen to her. “I’m sorry.” He softly and slowly said out of the blue, startling her.  JiEun looked on her right side where he was still closing his eyes tightly, not letting the sun’s light entering his eyes and not letting her to stare deeply into his eyes. “I’m sorry to make you hurt. I’m sorry because it seems that I’m becoming a cold man whenever I’m with you. But I swear, it’s not because I want it.” He stated but JiEun replied it with a chuckle. “Woohyun, at least open your eyes when you’re talking seriously.” JiEun said,  still chuckling.

“I can’t face you, JiEun. I’m just too embarrassed to face you for now. I’m a bad guy.” Woohyun whispered. For his surprise, JiEun pecked his eyes lovingly and smoothly. “Now, can you open your eyes?” He could feel her breath on his face, signing that she was very close to him at the moment. Slowly and carefully, he opened his eyes and soon he had come to face to face with her. “Good boy.” She said, smiling. “Listen, Woohyun. You have made me feeling so damn guilty because I thought I was the kid in this relationship but after some thoughts, the kid is you and not me.” JiEun said, her eyes had never left his. “I’m sorry because I can’t do something better than what I had done. I’m too stupid. If you’re going to leave me, it’s alright.” She stated sweetly. Woohyun blinked his eyes, surprised with what she had said. “JiEun…..” “No, it’s okay Woohyun. I know you’ve been bored for me. We’re together for ing twelve years old!” She said, laughing. Woohyun stared on the woman in his embrace in disbelief.

“Don’t you dare talking about divorcement, Song JiEun.” He said, gritting his teeth. “Why? You know you want it.” She said again, her eyes looked confused. “Because I don’t want to! I only want you, JiEun.” He was left confused when she laughed hard. “You love me? Are you kidding Woohyun? After our ten anniversary you have shown to me that you’re bored already with everything!” JiEun said, still laughing hysterically. Woohyun stayed silent on his place, wondering about the stupid statement she just said.

“JiEun, why are you so stupid? I love you, believe me.” He said weakly. “Don’t kidding me, Woohyun.” Jieun was still laughing but slowly stopped as she faced Woohyun with a smile. “If you want to let me go, then I will too.” She whispered, touching his lips. Woohyun couldn’t bear it again as he started crying. “Can’t you see that I have loved you just too much? Don’t you see that I’m worrying too over you? Can’t you see that I’m nervous whenever you are around?” JiEun went silent as she watched him crying in front of her. It was the second time he cried in front of her, the first time happened when they almost broke up and it was pretty worse too. “Woohyun..” She tried to speak but he stopped her from doing so. “If you’re really hurt, if you really want me to go away from your life, I will do it. As long you’re going to be okay and happy.” He said, pecking on her cheek before climbing down from the bed. JiEun watched helplessly as he wore his clothes. He kept glancing on her, sadness and pain seemed to blind the two as they chose to do what they had chosen.

Woohyun had already been in front of the front door when JiEun crashed herself to his back, her tiny and small arms were hugging him from the back. “Don’t leave me.” She whispered. He turned around only to find out that she was crying silently. Without hesitant, he kissed her, whispering “Never” whenever he had the time to whisper the word. She tightened her hug on him, “I love you, Woo.” He paid it back to her by kissing her deeper and deeper than before with his arms encircled tightly around her slim body, expressing how much he loved her back.