Chapter 6 Flashback 5

Sketches Of My Life

Chapter 6 Flashback 5

 

Karen POV

 

“Happy birthday, Karen! Here’s my gift for you.” He said while sitting beside me.

 

“Oh! Thank you, oppa!” I said and took his gift for me.

 

“Oppa, where have you been?” I said while opening the gift.

 

“Somewhere… I really miss you all.” He said and kissed my forehead.

 

“Okay… I will go now. Just give my hugs and kisses to our family. Bye!” he added.

 

“But… Oppa! Where are you going? We’re not done yet. Oppa! Oppa!” I said and woke up. I just realize that it was a dream with him.

 

I get up from bed and walk towards where I put my bag pack. I took a picture frame and hug it.

 

“I miss you too, Seunghyun oppa.” I said and tears falling on my cheeks.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Noona? Are you awake? Prepare yourself. We will eat our breakfast in an hour.” Dongwoon said while knocking the door.

 

“Arasso… I’ll just take my shower and I will go directly there.” I said and wipe the tears on my cheeks.

 

After I take my shower and fix myself, I directly went to the place where we will be eating our breakfast but before I enter the dining area. Kikwang grab my hand and drag me in the other direction.

 

“Let’s go to another place to eat our breakfast.” Kikwang said.

 

“But Kikwang? Where are we going? Did the others know this?” I said while Kikwang was dragging me. Kikwang stops and I bump into his chest.

 

“I already asked permission to your Appa about this and he said “Yes to me.” Kikwang said while he fixing my hair.

 

“Jinjja?!” I said in disbelief.

 

“Can we go now?” Kikwang ask me.

 

“Okay!” I said.

 

“They really want this? OMG! I can’t believe this.” I said in my mind.

 

“Thank you, Lord!” I added.

 

I never thought that Kikwang will do this to me. Holding hands while walking with him like were a real couple. I don’t know what will be the next thing he will do and I don’t want to expect too much from him. I’m so clueless but I’m very happy and excited about what he was preparing for me this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting in the front seat where Kikwang is driving beside me. I didn’t know that he knows how to drive and he has a student driver’s license. Dujun oppa and Gina unnie knows about this and didn’t even tell me. But anyway I’m so happy for him.

 

I didn’t know where Kikwang will bring me but I’m sure it will be a nice and special place.

 

While he was driving, I have the chance to stare at him for a while. I find him so cool and handsome. I don’t know why but I really admire him on what he was doing.

 

“Don’t stare at me like that. I’ll be melting in my seat if you do that.” Kikwang said jokingly.

 

I was shock and embarrass that he notice that I was staring at him the whole time. I’m so shy and I don’t know how to explain. I keep my mouth zip.

 

After 20 minutes…

 

We arrive at the place where Kikwang wants to eat breakfast with me. The place was so familiar, I think I saw this place but I don't know where. Kikwang notice my action and asked.

 

“What’s the problem?” Kikwang asked.

 

“I don’t know Kikwang but I already saw this place but I don’t know where it was.” I said.

 

“You’ll be surprise if we will enter the coffee shop. Let’s go.” Kikwang hold my hand and guide me to the entrance.

 

After we enter the coffee shop, I feel so comfortable and warm. I like the place and I want to go back here if I have the chance. I didn’t notice that I was already sitting on a chair and Kikwang was on the counter to order our food.

 

I was viewing the place when suddenly a painting caught my attention. I stand up and walk directly to the painting where it was. I slowly touch the frame and saw the initials, my eyes widen and froze.

 

“What’s the problem, Karen?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Who’s the owner of this coffee shop? Tell me… Tell me Kikwang…” I said while tears starting to fall from my eyes.

 

“Why are you crying? Okay… Okay… Okay… Don’t worry.” Kikwang said while wiping my tears and help me go back to our seats.

 

As I calm and stop crying, our order came and we start eating. I can’t eat properly because of what I saw a while ago. I know that the painting was Seunghyun oppa’s work and it was very special to him. Seunghyun oppa gave to Bom unnie the painting as a birthday gift and Bom unnie already migrated to America to continue his business but why the painting is in here. Did Bom unnie sell the painting? Or donate to the museum and bought by the owner of the coffee shop.

 

Kikwang was worried and notice that I’m not eating properly. He then took my plate and tries to feed me using his utensils.

 

“Say ahhh!” Kikwang asked.

 

“I can feed myself.” I said.

 

“Just say ahhh or I will eat this food of yours.” Kikwang said and attempt to eat my food.

 

“Okay… Okay… Okay…” I surrender and eat.

 

After Kikwang successfully done feeding me, he calls the waiter to clean our table and order a two mugs of hot chocolate. Kikwang was smiling at me like he saw something that can make me happy.

 

“Noona!” Kikwang said while waving his hand.

 

“Why you took so long?” he added.

 

I didn’t know who it was because I was facing from the other side of the coffee shop. Kikwang stand up to meet the person who he was calling earlier. I turn my head to see who it was and stand up to meet also the person.

 

“Bom unnie?” I whisper and slowly walk towards her.

 

“Karen? Is that you? Oh my God!” Bom unnie said and put the tray with two mugs on the other table.

 

“Oh… I miss you much. You look you pale? What happen to you?” she added and hug me tight.

 

“Unnie! I really miss you so much.” I said while crying and hug her tight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never thought that Kikwang and Bom unnie are cousins and they are really close to each other. Kikwang knows that Seunghyun  oppa and Bom unnie had a relationship.

 

Bom unnie told us what happen to her after Seunghyun oppa died in a car accident. He left Korea to forget the memories they had with Seunghyun oppa and continue her business in America but she can’t manage well. She decided to come back to Korea where her heart is and plan to build her business in Jeju Island.

 

She planned to build a coffee shop in Jeju Island that Seunghyun oppa wished. She really loves so much Seunghyun oppa because until now she hasn’t any relationship with another guy. She was planning to build another coffee shop near in Seoul so that she can visit Seunghyun oppa’s grave.

 

Kikwang POV

 

Seeing Karen smile and happy is a big achievement for me. As I promised to Seunghyun hyung to always make Karen smile and feel to her that she will not be alone. I’ve always wanted to give her a very special and unforgettable moments in her life but I can’t promise to myself or to her that I’ll be at her side forever. I hope she can find a man that can give her a beautiful life and treat her very special.

 

“I hope I would be that man.” I whispered.

 

“What Kikwang?” Karen hears me and asked.

 

“Nothing. Don’t mind me.” I said and continue to drink my hot chocolate.

 

While Bom noona and Karen are talking my phone rings. I excuse myself to answer the phone outside the coffee shop. It was Dujun hyung who knows about my surprise to Karen to meet Bom unnie.

 

“How the event there, kiddo?” Dujun hyung said.

 

“It was every emotional scene, hyung.” I replied.

 

“Can you bring with you Bom noona here?” Dujun hyung asked.

 

“Okay… I will try.” I said.

 

“Okay… I also want to surprise Mom and Dad.” Dujun hyung said and say goodbye.

 

“Okay…” I said and hang up my phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour of chatting with Bom noona, it’s time for us to go back to pension house. As we bid our goodbyes to her, I remember about Dujun hyung’s request. I ask Bom noona to come with us because Dujun hyung wants to surprise his Mom and Dad.

 

Karen also helps me begs with her and after a minute she decides to come with us. She leaves her coffee shop with her 3 staffs and she told them that she will be with us.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

 

They arrived at the pension house where Karen’s family and Kikwang’s family are staying. Bom was nervous and worried about seeing Seunghyun’s parents. She can’t calm herself and feel like she was sweating. Karen was beside her, holding her hand tightly. The last time she saw Seunghyun’s parents was before the accident that Mr. Song is against about their relationship.

 

Kikwang call Dujun on the phone before entering the main door of the house. Bom is very nervous and can’t hide her tears fall. What if Seunghyun’s parent didn’t want to see her? Beg her not to show herself to them anymore? What if Mr. Song will angry? What will happen after this?