Chapter 23 Invitation

Sketches Of My Life

Kikwang went directly to Karen's house to invite her for the opening of his bakery shop. As he arrives at the gate, he let out some breath to stay calm and courage to face Karen. He then press the doorbell, Mrs. Song then opens the gate and let him go inside.

 

"Hi Kikwang! What you brought here?" Mrs. Song greets and ask.

 

"Hi Eomeoni! Is Karen at home?" Kikwang greet and ask.

 

"Yes, she's inside working something." Mrs. Song said and let him go inside.

 

"Okay.." Kikwang said and walk together with her inside the house.

 

"Please sit down and I will call her." Mrs. Song said.

 

"Okay.." Kikwang said and stay in the living area.

 

Kikwang POV

 

I was a bit nervous and blank on how I will invite Karen to my bakery shop opening tomorrow. My hands are now cold and sweating and I'm trying to calm myself. 

 

"Kikwang.. Please.. Don't.. Be.. Nervous.. Pleaseeeee.." I said on my mind.

 

"Kikwang oppa!" Dori suddenly calls.

 

I saw Dori waving at me while walking downstairs with Karen and Mrs. Song. After they arrive at the living area, Dori then sit beside me and offer me some cookies that her Mom bought for her. While Mrs. Song proceed to the kitchen to make some snack and Karen sit on the other opposite side of the sofa.

 

"Oppa.. Is it delicious, right? Mom bought this for me and I want to share this to you." Dori said cheerfully.

 

"Thank you, Dori.. You're so sweet." I said while glaring at Karen.

 

Karen on the other hand is busy watching television and keeps glaring on her mobile phone. After 5 minutes of chatting with Dori, I finally tell her about my intention and then Dori went to the kitchen to help her Grandmommy to prepare the snacks.

 

"Are you busy tomorrow, Karen?" I suddenly ask.

 

"Me? Why?" Karen said while not looking at me.

 

"Tomorrow is the opening of my bakery shop and I want to invite you. Can you come?" I said and gave her the invitation card.

 

"Okay.." Karen said and took the invitation card in me.

 

"Oh really?" I said.

 

"Yes.. Are you sure that you want me to come?" Karen said.

 

"Yes.. Hehehe.." I said.

 

"Okay.. Since I'm not busy.. I'll come..." Karen said and smile.

 

"Here's some snacks for you guys." Mrs. Song said while bringing a tray of snadwiches and a one pitcher of orange juice.

 

"This is delicious Kikwang oppa!" Dori said while munching already some sandwich.

 

"Thank you.. Woooooow!" Kikwang said while helping Mrs. Song with the tray and put it on the living room table. 

 

"Woaaaaahh!!! Thank you, Dori." Karen said and take some sandwich to eat.

 

After finishing our snack that Mrs. Song prepared earlier, Karen's phone suddenly rings and she excuse herself to answer her phone outside. Feels like Yoseob was the one who calls because I hear it she say "Yoseob". I may not have the right to jealous but I really feel like I want to take the phone from her and throw it away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

After talking with Yoseob on the phone, I came back to the living room and ask Kikwang if I can invite Yoseob tomorrow for his event. Its kinda awkward but I need someone who can protect me for tomorrow's event if something happens. I may not know very well Kikwang now but I have a feeling that he will do something weird that I couldn't handle.

 

"Kikwang.." I said while sitting on the sofa and took some glass of juice.

 

"Yes.." Kikwang said and look at me.

 

I don't know why but there is something I felt the moment when our eyes met. We are staring each other and my mouth can't even say a word. Mom then excuse herself to take me on reality.

 

"Anyways, I have something to ask if its okay with you?" I said and take a drink on the glass.

 

"Can I invite Yoseob? He also loves bread and coffee." I added.

 

I saw Kikwang's eyes upset, uncomfortable and not wanting Yoseob to go. I can feel Kikwang doesn't want Yoseob be around with me. I can really feel it but I want to stop this feeling because its hurts.

 

"Sure." Kikwang said with fake smile.

 

"By the way, I need to go home. Hyuna is waiting for me." Kikwang stand for sitting and hurriedly proceed outside to went home.

 

Mom was a bit confuse on Kikwang's acton and hurriedly take Kikwang outside the house. While Dori is still enjoying the sandwich that Mom made earlier. I guess I have to explain this situation of mine to Yoseob or Bom noona.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why! Why! Why!" Kikwang shouts from his room.

 

Hyuna surprise on what she is hearing and hurriedly went to Kikwang's room. Knocking non-stop on what is happening with Kikwang inside the room.

 

"Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! Are you okay? Please open the door." Hyuna said while knocking the door.

 

"Oh my God!!!!" Kikwang get up from the bed and open the door.

 

"Oppa! What happen? Did something happen? Let me see." Hyuna said while hugging and checking Kikwang's body.

 

"Nothing.." Kikwang said and laugh.

 

Hyuna slaps Kikwang on the shoulder and give her some cute punches.

 

"I though there is something happen. Why did you shout? Hmmmmm.. Its about Karen?" Hyuna said while sitting on the bed.

 

"By the way, have you done perfectly? or I say not-so-perfect-timing? Huh?" Hyuna added.

 

"He wants Yoseob to go with her.." Kikwang said and sigh.

 

"What!? And you... I guess you say "Yes".. Tsk tsk tsk.." Hyuna said and lay down her body to the bed.

 

"What should I say? If I say "No", she will not definitely attend the event. That's why I agrees to let him Yoseob go with her." Kikwang said.

 

"And what about your plan? Don't tell me you will not do it because Yoseob is there." Hyuna said and get up from the bed.

 

"Well oppa.. Just do what you wanted to do or else you will regret it every single day." Hyuna said and leave Kikwang thinking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

I text Dujun hyung and Dongwoon about my other plan tomorrow for Karen. We meet up at Bom nuna's coffee shop and tell them the whole set up that I am planning with the help of them. Bom nuna knows what are my plans and supports me for tomorrow. She was not present because he is helping Yoseob about managing her restaurant and process some documents. 

 

"What do you think about my plan?" I said while staring at the two guys.

 

"You plan all of this?" Dongwoon said in disbelief.

 

Dujun can't even believe about my plan and just scrolling while reading my speech. I bet the love it and will be happy about the result. Dongwoon was so happy that finally I will confess to her sister tomorrow together with my family, their home and other visitors who will attend.

 

"Nice job, Kikwang. Do it perfectly and smoothly." Dujun hyjng said.

 

"Here's your orders." Waiter said and one by one put your orders on the table.

 

"Thank you!" Dongwoon said happily.

 

"Wait a minute...." Dujun hyung said while reading the whole speech I wrote.

 

"Do you mean you never forgot Karen when got amnesia and you believe us that Hyuna is your girlfriend. Please explain all of this. Right now! In this place! Quickly!" Dujun said with angry face.

 

My bad, I didn't tell them first and let them read my speech. I forgot what Bom nuna told me earlier that I have to tell them first before I will tell them my plan tomorrow. Oh boy! Need to explain hurriedly.

 

"So sorry about that guys but can you give me a chance." Kikwang nervously.

 

"I already told Bom nuna the whole." I added.

 

"And you didn't dare to tell us? Give you time to explain everything Kikwang. Everything." Dujun said with mad voice.

 

Dongwoon just stares at me with angry face and I know they are really mad. What I have done this time but no back off need to tell them everything. Thanks God that there are only few customers in the coffee shop, it would be so embarrass if there's are so many customers here.

 

And then I started my explanation slowly by slowly, they just there listening without any complaining. Thanks God!