Chapter 16 Welcome Baby Junnie

Sketches Of My Life

Bom POV

 

Karen informs me that Gina will be discharge today and will be having a welcome party for the baby. I went first to my shop to check my employees and inform them that I will not be around today. I visit Seunghyun on the cemetery to talk a little bit about today’s event.

 

While I was driving, I remember about Kikwang’s accident that nobody tells me about. So I decided to go to the hospital instead going straight to Karen’s house. I hope Dujun will explain it to me and will tell me the truth behind this.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Hi…” I said as I enter the room.

 

“Oh noona you’re here.” Dujun said surprisingly.

 

“I didn’t go directly to your house. Is Karen not yet arriving?” I said and sit beside Gina on the sofa.

 

“Not yet.” Gina said while packing their things on the bag.

 

After Dujun give a call to Karen to inform that they are waiting for her to come and fetch them. It’s my time to ask them about Kikwang’s accident on why they didn’t tell me about.

 

“Why you two didn’t tell me about Kikwang’s accident? Can you explain it?” I suddenly ask while crossing my hands.

 

“I thought I’m a member of this family but I think I’m not because no one told me about this.” I added.

 

Gina and Dujun stare to each other and were shocked about what I ask them. Dujun who was carrying the baby gave it to Gina to explain why and what is the main reason.

 

“We don’t want you to be worried.” Dujun starts and sit beside me.

 

“Worried? Who will not get worried about Kikwang’s accident?” I said.

 

“Relax noona… I know but we don’t want you to be more worried because you experience this kind of incident. Remember?” Dujun said while holding one of my hands.

 

“But…” I said and start to think.

 

I didn’t notice that tears are starting to fall from my eyes and Gina already hugging me. Dujun who is holding my hands while looking at me straight into my eyes.

 

Now I understand why they didn’t tell me about Kikwang’s accident. They don’t want Karen who is far away from them will be feeling so worried and will always thinking Kikwang’s condition and will not focusing her life in Canada like I do before.

 

“Okay guys that’s enough. Sorry if I make you feel bad.” I said and wiping my tears.

 

“It’s okay. We are really waiting for you to ask about it and we are well prepared to it if it happens, noona.” Dujun said and smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Hi everyone, I’m here… Let’s go?” Karen enters the room and greeted.

 

“Where have you been? Why you took so long? You arrive here 45 minutes when it should be 20 minutes. Is it traffic or something?” Dujun said.

 

“Sorry oppa. I bought cakes and balloons that Mom asks me because Dongwoon forgot about it. Sorry oppa…” I said while hugging him from the back.

 

“Why you didn’t call us?” Dujun said and face Karen.

 

Karen then let go and ran towards Bom who was helping Gina with the baby.

 

“That’s enough guys.” Bom said and laugh.

 

“Okay let’s go!” Karen said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the house.. Song’s House..

 

The place is now all perfectly set and all the visitors starting to gathered. Chaerin and Karen who are the emcees of the night, Hyuna who is responsible to welcome the visitors, Dongwoon and Kikwang is the waiter of night. And don’t forget their little angel who’s responsible on given the souvenirs for the visitors, Dori. Mrs. Song always had done this kind of duties and responsibilities to her family every time they have a celebration. It’s not that they can’t afford other people to do it but she wants to see how her family entertains and communicates with other people.

 

Dongwoon POV

 

I was serving water to our visitor when I feel my phone vibrates. I excuse myself and took it in to my pocket to check if someone is calling or I receive a text message. I saw Dujun hyung name who is calling and answer it right away.

 

“Hyung?” I said.

 

“Where are you? Did Mom invite many of our relatives and friends?” Dujun hyung ask.

 

“Yes, you know Mom.” I said and smirk.

 

“Hyung, are you guys ready? We are all set here.” I added.

 

“Yes… We are now going downstairs.. Can you please inform the emcees?” Dujun hyung said.

 

“Okay..” I said and went to the stage where our lovely emcees are.

 

I went to the stage where our lovely emcees are and inform them to start the event.

 

“Good Evening! Ladies and Gentlemen! Are you excited to see our new member of the family? By the way, I’m Karen who is the third child of Song’s family and.” Karen noona starts the party.

 

“And I’m Chaerin the fiancée of Dongwoon who is the most handsome waiter of the night.” Chaerin said.

 

“Now let us all stand and give a round of applause to our new member of the family, Junnie Song.” Karen noona said.

 

Gina noona who was carrying Junnie and Dujun hyung walk through the stage with a big smile on their faces. They are so wonderful to watch as a family.

 

After Mom led the prayer, we start the party and sing a welcome song for Junnie. Gina noona was sitting on the stage with their son together with Dujun hyung. The night was so field with laughter from the throwback photos that Kikwang gathered from the computer, connect to the projector and can seen it through the screen cloth.

 

It was so amazing that Junnie is really like Dujun hyung when he is a baby. Even I was really amazed when I saw myself when I was a baby. Dori looks like me but when she’s growing up I can see that she is like her Mom, Chaerin.

 

Karen POV

 

The party has ended smoothly and well. Gina unnie and Dujun oppa heading to their room while our parents when inside the house to continue their chit chatting. Hyuna, Chaerin and Kikwang starts to clean the area while Dongwoon caring the sleeping Dori and walk towards me.

 

“Noona, I will be back after I put this angel to the bed.” Dongwoon said.

 

“Okay..” I said whispering to avoid Dori awake.

 

“Unnie, want some help?” Hyuna approaches.

 

“No, it’s okay. I can do this by myself.” I said and smile at her.

 

“Anyway, why don’t you help Chaerin with the dishes? I bet she can’t do that by herself.” I said and pouting my lips where Chaerin is busy.

 

“Oh, right! Hahaha…” Hyuna said and went to Chaerin.

 

Hyuna and Chaerin went to the kitchen to wash the dishes while Kikwang and I was the only people left in the pool area. I didn’t notice that Kikwang was on my side while I’m busy folding the table cloth.

 

“Are you tired?” Kikwang ask.

 

“Oh my!” I said surprisingly.

 

“Did I scare you?” Kikwang said and help me folding the table cloth.

 

“Is it obvious?” I said without looking at him.

 

“Are you still mad at me?” Kikwang suddenly ask.

 

“Mad? What have you done? Is there anything?” I said and still can’t look at him.

 

“Okay! By the way, I didn’t saw Bom noona in the party.” Kikwang ask.

 

“She’s a bit busy this month and I don’t know why. She said she has something to do and there are things that she have to process for her cousin.” I said and took the table cloths where I put it to bring inside.

 

But before I took it, Kikwang took it right before me and we look at each other. I feel like the time stops as we see each others eyes. My heart beat was so fast and slowly look at where my hands are. I saw my hands under Kikwang’s hands and took it away.

 

“Are you okay?” Kikwang said.

 

“Yeeee.. Yes.. Why?” I said with nervous voice.

 

“Anyway, let’s go inside and eat the cake that I bought.” I said and hurriedly went inside without looking at him.

 

“Wait.. Don’t leave me.” Kikwang said and smile.

 

Dongwoon POV

 

I was heading to the pool area after putting Dori to the bed, when I saw Kikwang hyung and Karen noona standing face to face. What they are doing right now? Did something happen? Where are Chaerin and Hyuna? Before I look for my fiancé, I just watch them if what will be the next scene that I’ll be seeing. The moment that Karen noona take off her hands under Kikwang’s hands, I feel like she was blushing. I find it so cute but wait, did Karen noona blush? Hahaha.. Will anyway, maybe because Karen noona feel it’s weird she automatically said that they have to go inside to eat some cake that she bought. And before Karen noona saw me standing at the door, I hurriedly hide myself beside the big plant that is located beside the door.

 

After Karen noona pass the door and went to the kitchen. I went to Kikwang to help him carrying the table clothes.

 

“Oh hyung! Let me help you with that.” I said and took some table cloth from him.

 

“Okay, here you go.” Kikwang said.

 

“Anyway, what time is it?” Kikwang ask.

 

“It’s quarter to 10:00pm. Why? Do you have important things to do?” I said.

 

“Nothing.” Kikwang said and smile.

 

I’m really curious on what had happen to them earlier. What did they do to end up standing face to face like their time was stop? Well anyway, I can find that sooner. After putting the table clothes to the laundry area, we went to the kitchen to eat some cake to ease our tiredness from our duties earlier.