The Results

A Friendship that Never Breaks

It was the day for the results. Onew and Jonghyun were extremely nervous.

O: Jonghyun ah... what if... what if I dun...

J: Shhh Hyung! You're making me nervous! Wait until recess!

O: ...

                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People: Omo! Omo! Look! Park Hee Sun is the top student! Omo!

The moment Onew heard another classmate's name, he was even more anxious. He and Jonghyun pushed their way through the crowd of student to see their results. The top three names were on the noticeboard for each level:

Grade 9: 1st position: Park Hee Sun

Onew couldn't believe it when he read the next line: 

2nd position: Lee Jin Ki

He was overjoyed. 2nd in the whole school? He couldn't believe it.

Jonghyun jumped and high-fived Onew although his name was not in the top three.

J: HYUNG!! CHUKAHAEYO~!

Onew hugged him tight and whispered: You should be in top ten then... right?

Jonghyun wasn't quite sure on what to answer but he hugged Onew back and said: Let's find out later.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teacher: We have the top three of grade 9 and I would like to congratulate Park Hee Sun and Lee Jinki, the top twos are from our class!

Onew blushed as the whole class clapped for him and Hee Sun. Jonghyun clapped really hard for Onew although is was time for the class to find out their results. The teacher started calling out students to collect their result slips. When Jonghyun was called out, he rushed towards the teacher and looked at his results. He showed true disappointment as he head back to his seat, tears welling up in his eyes.

O: Jonghyun...?

J: Yeah Hyung?

O: How did you do?

J: I don't know...

O: Show me...

Jonghyun handed his slip to Onew. Onew looked at it and his mouth opened in shock.

O: Seven...seventy-three?

Jonghyun didn't say a word.

O: Yah! How come you... you... you've always been in the top ten at least! What happened?

J: ...

O: Oh I see. You were too busy. I should have know. Now we're probably separated. How great.

J: Mianhae...

Onew returned him the paper and he just looked straight.

J: Mianhae Hyung... I've chosen my career. And I'm taking that path. I haven't told you that Umma already said it's fine although she was as surprised as you.

O: Well, your mother is fine. But your Appa?

J: That... I ...

O: Well, start thinking. He'll find out someday.

He just nodded his head.

                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taemin: Wha..? 73rd position? Oh...

O: Yea...

T: So... I guess Hyungs won't be in the same class anymore?

O: I suppose so...

Taemin and Onew were walking back home together. Onew kept quiet throughout the whole walk. Taemin glanced at him: You know Hyung? I'm also mentally wounded...

O: Huh? Why?

T: Because... I've ... been bullied for quite...

O: Mo?! Who is bullying you?!

T: Kang Jae Hoon... you know? The tanned one in grade 8?

O: The one from class 5? What did he do??

T: Well... it's not my fault that he got angry... because his girlfriend... likes me... and she... wanted to break up with him...

O: Pssh, having a girlfriend at that age? He would probably go down the drain once he grows older. So he bullies you so that he won't lose his girl? Pathetic!

T: I've just told Minho Hyung, too. He said Jae Hoon will get it from him... I hope so...

O: Yah! I'll make sure he suffers mentally as well as physically when he meets with Minho. He doesn't know that you are the club's best high jumper's little buddy, does he?

T: I guess, because if he does, he wouldn't be bullying me!

Taemin was relieved... Actually Jae Hee didn;t bully him that bad. Just a verbal warning. He wanted to exaggerate to Onew because Onew was more hurt than him. Taemin didn't like to see his Hyungs feeling down.

Meanwhile, Jonghyun was also heading home. He was thinking of all kinds of speeches on how to tell his father, both his career and the results. Jonghyun rang the doorbell and was shocked to see his father already inside.

J: A..Appa? Homed so soon?

Father: Oh Jonghyun, I was having a bad headache...

Headache? Dammit...

J: Oh, Okay then... I shall go up to wash up now.

F: Hmm... Okay.

He was massaging his temple while Jonghyun's mother prepared a glass of lemon juice for him. Jonghyun quickly went up the stairs and then heard his father said...

F: Orh Jonghyun ah. Did you received your results today? Your mother told me you'd be receiving. Come down son! Let me see your results! Maybe that'll make my headache better!

Jonghyun frozed upon hearing that. He didn't know what to do.

J: Ye..Yes...Of course...

And he felt that maybe Onew was right all along.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hehe~ Scary moment huh? Like I've said, the real story/ interesting part is coming up! I just need a few more chapters to have the flow to the story~ Stay Tune!!