The Exams

A Friendship that Never Breaks

Today, there were major year-end exams going on in SM Boy's School. Onew was quite ready for it. He took out his notes to read for the last time before the exams. He looked around. Jonghyun still wasnt there yet.

Huh? What happened to Jonghyun? He isnt the type who would be late for an exam...

10 minutes.

Onew put his stationaries on the table.

7 minutes.

Jonghyun still wasnt there yet.

5 minutes.

The teacher was already reading out the rules for the exam.

2 minutes.

There was a knock on the door. And it was indeed Jonghyun.

Teacher: The exams will commence an one minute's time. You are late. You are not to sit for the test.

Onew clentched his fist.

O: Teacher. Please let him take the exam...

Teacher: Lee Jinki? If you speak one more word, you will be qualified as cheating and will be given a straight zero.

Onew usually isnt afraid of teachers' threats but this was an exam. He stared angrily at Jonghyun, who was looking down. Jonghyun was let out of the room and the exam began.

                                                                          ~~~~~~~~

O: Ya! PABO! What the heck happened to you?? Do you think we could go to the same class like this next year?! have you forgotten our promise??!! Ya!!

J: This isnt important now Hyung... I had my own reasons...

O: IS OUR HARD WORK ALL WASTED??

J: I SAID I'm sorry! Jinki hyung! Why wont you understand me??

Onew glared at him. But he realised his own fault for shouting at Jonghyun. He let out a big sigh.

O: You know what? I'm sorry too. I understand you but our promise...

J: I gave my promise and I'll keep it. We'll go to the same class. I'm sure... wait I got to go meet Ms Jung. Go to the class first.

O: I'll come with...

J: No! i mean... It's okay. Just go first.

I can't...

Jonghyun dashed off leaving Onew puzzled. Was I being too much? Jonggie ah... Mianhe...

Jonghyun ran straight to the washroom instead. Tears were rolling down on his face. He washed his face and looked at himself carefully in the mirror. Onew Hyung... I'm sorry...I had my own reasons but I know you will never forgive me for this... never...

                                                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~

O: You better make it for tomorrow's exam, we've worked hard for this. If you dont come... you'll get it from me.

Jonghyun forced a laugh: Purr-lease Hyung. 

O: Ya! I'm serious!!

It was 12 pm. School ended early because of the exams.

O: Do you want to study together? You can come to my house.

J: I wont be able to concentrate. I'll study on my own. Besides, I've got to get something for Umma. See you tomorrow!

O: Oh... Okay... See you then.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun went to a convenient store. He put in a litre of milk and some vegetables and walked to the cashier lifelessly. When he got home, he checked the mailbox. It's 4pm now... He gave his mother the groceries.

Jonghyun's mother: Dear, are you not well? I told you to come home early yesterday to have a good night sleep and today, did you manage to take the exam?

Jonghyun shook his head: Ahni Ummonim. Mianhe... I was studying with Jinki yesterday and forgot the time. Umma? Can I go to Jinki's place again today to study? He invited me over.

J's mother: Dear Lord. I think I trust Jinki more than you... But you better be home by 8.

J: That's my mother! I'll be home by 8! I'll go at 5 then!

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~

5 pm.

Jonghyun checked his mailbox and trembled upon seeing a letter. He quickly shoved it into his bag and went to the other direction from Onew's house, where he didn't intend to go.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stay tune for more updates! I'll be releasing the next chapter full of suspence by at least next week~~