Does Your Heart Beat Faster?

The Horribly Unromantic Girl

 

Soomin's POV
 
After we finished eating we went to the park after many suggestions and lots of debate, which I didn't participate in. I sat on the bench as I watched Taemin and Hyojung go crazy, running around the playground. I rolled my eyes. They were so immature. I glanced over at Minho who just stood watching the two idiots play. 
 
I studied him. Big eyes, tall, black hair. He must have been popular with the whole female population at our school... How come I've never seen him around? I should be more observant, but it's probably because he's not in any of my classes. 
 
I diverted my attention back to the two little kids inside teenagers' bodies. Taemin acted like a little kid, he didn't seem older than us let alone the same age. 
 
"Hey, Minho-sii," I called out to him. He turned to me. 
 
"What do you need?" He politely said, once again giving that smile of his. 
 
"How old exactly is Taemin? No offense but he seems very immature," I bluntly asked. 
 
"Oh him? He's in his first year, so he's a year younger than us," Minho replied as he slightly chuckled. "I know he's a bit childish, but he's really nice."
 
"Yeah, I bet he is," I said. I didn't really care, but... Whatever. If Hyojung seriously liked that little kid, I don't know what I'll do. I'll have to deal with two little  immature kids, and I do not want to deal with all that . 
 
Trust me, you haven't known Choi Hyojung for over five years. I swear she's a crazy five year old, not sixteen. She's wild and runs around randomly while screaming, occasionally knocking things off tables and constantly breaking glass cups. If Taemin is like that too, I am making him pay for the ing cups. 
 
I got up and decided to take a short walk around the park. I walked along the dirt path, observing the plants that were planted along the sides. I heard a dog bark. 
 
My eyes widened as I saw the dog running towards me and looked passed it to see the idiot owner to accidentally let the dog go. Retard. 
 
Cursing the owner in my mind I totally forgot about the giant dog running towards me. Suddenly I felt a hand on my waist as I was pulled away from the path. 
 
"Are you okay?" Minho asked as I kept me in his arms. 
 
WHY THE HELL IS MY HEART BEATING FASTER?! Oh yeah, I was almost ran over by a dog. 
 
"Y-yeah, I fine," I replied as I forced my way out of his arms. 
 
"I'm so sorry!" The owner bowed and apologized after the caught their dog. 
 
"It's fine," I smiled at them then glanced at the rocks and bushes behind me. I just almost got a freaking concussion. 
 
"You didn't have to do that," I finally spoke up to Minho. 
 
"Did you want me to watch you get hit by a dog who was about to push you into a rose bush and the surrounding rocks?" He said sarcastically. 
 
"Yes, I actually did." 
 
Minho just bursted out into laughter at my response. Why the was he laughing? 
 
"You're funny," he said between laughs. 
 
"Thanks?" I said confused. 
 
His laughter died down and he wiped away his tears. I still don't understand what the was so funny. If I did, is probably be laughing too. 
 
"Anyway, we should get back to Hyojung and Taemin. For all we know they could have ran off and got lost," Minho said. 
 
That was highly possible if it was Hyojung. 
 
I groaned as I hoped she was still at the playground.
 
"Hyojung!" I yelled as we got closer to the play area. 
 
"What?" She replied as she slid down the slide again. Before I left I saw her go down that same one that least fifty times. 
 
"Nothing," I said as I sat back on the bench I previously sat at. 
 
"Okay," she shrugged as she ran off with Taemin to the swings again. 
 
How could they not get bored for doing the same things multiple of times? 
 
---
 
"Thank you for taking us home," Hyojung said as we arrived at my house. "I had lots of fun!"
 
"Me too~" Taemin exclaimed, excitedly. 
 
"Nice to meet you two," Minho calmly said. 
 
"Yeah... Thank you," I simply replied. "Bye."
 
---
 
"Wasn't that so fun?!" Hyojung exclaimed as we went inside my house. 
 
"Sure," I shrugged as I walked into the kitchen. 
 
"Isn't Taemin just adorable?" She cooed. 
 
"Did you seriously fall for that ball of excitement?" I asked as I poured myself water. 
 
"Maybe~" she replied happily. "What about you? Do you like Minho?"
 
"He's nice," I said as I picked up my glass, heading towards the couch Hyojung was already sitting on. 
 
"That's all? He was pretty good looking," she tried to get another complement out of me. 
 
"If you think he's good looking, why don't you date him?" I asked as I kept my eyes on the TV. 
 
"Yah, I like Taemin!" She said loudly then quickly put both her hands over . 
 
"I knew it," I replied as I watched the show I've never heard of before. 
 
"Really?" She pinked as she thought about Taemin. Hyojung shook her head, "Back to the topic of Minho. Did he make your heart flutter at any point?"
 
"Flutter?"
 
"Yeah, did your heart beat faster when you saw him at some time?" She asked. 
 
I thought about the dog incident at the park, "Yeah." 
 
"OMO, so you do like him!" She squealed, excited. 
 
"No, of course I don't! What the are you talking about?!" I replied.
 
"When your heart beats faster when you see them, that means you like the person!" She tried to explain. 
 
I rolled my eyes. "Then I must ing love our P.E. teacher, Shin seonsaengnim. After we're done sprinting, my heart rate goes crazy." 
 
"Yah! You know what I actually meant!"
 
"What do you mean? You said your heart beats faster when you like someone. Are you telling me to confess to our forty-five year old P.E. teacher who's already freaking married... And a woman?" 
 
"No! Yah Soomin, stop being sarcastic!" She yelled at me. "Lets just hang out with them more so you can get to know Minho better, okay?"
 
"More like so you can get to know Taemin better," I muttered under my breath.
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing," I replied and I smiled awkwardly. She narrowed her eyes at me, knowing I was telling a lie. 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Lets meet up with the guys again," I changed the subject back to the previous one. 
 
"YAY~!" She said, a little to excited. "I-I mean, that's good... Minho might actually be your match!"
 
I just rolled my eyes once again. 
 
---
 
Updated, yay~! ^^ I hope you like it and tell me if there's any mistakes~ I didn't thoroughly reread it yet :P