Meeting Them for the First Time

The Horribly Unromantic Girl

 

 
 
SooMin's POV
 
"Soomin-ah~! We have to get you a boyfriend this year!" My friend, Hyojung, said as we sat in my room. 
 
"No," I flatly answered as I continued to read my book. 
 
"Come on! You've said that for the past three years!" She whined. "We need to find someone for you!"
 
"Face it, there's no guy that would want me. You've been searching for three whole years. I don't even want a boyfriend."
 
"Yah, don't say that! I'll succeed this year, it's the last year of high school!" Hyojung exclaimed, determined. 
 
I rolled my eyes and sighed, "What ever, just don't get me involved."
 
"What?! Then I can't set you up with anyone!" 
 
"Exactly."
 
"Soomin!" Hyojung whined again. "Please? This year is for sure!"
 
"Just do what you want, but I'm not helping you," I replied, uninterested. 
 
"All you have to do is meet them and if they don't run away, then keep it going!" She said happily as she clapped her hands together. 
 
I sighed, "Sure, sure." 
 
"Yay~! Thank you Soomin!"
 
"Shouldn't you be finding yourself a boyfriend first?" I asked. 
 
"Yah, I will find my other half this year too! Just wait!" She replied. 
 
"Okay, but I won't be waiting," I said bored. "Because I have no idea how long it's actually going to take."
 
"Yah!"
 
"Three years Hyojung, it's already been three, and every time you said the same thing." 
 
"Eh, I wasn't totally sure those years! I'm totally sure now," she replied, still smiling. 
 
"Okay," I nodded. "Lets eat." 
 
She sighed. "You really aren't interested in dating."
 
"Do I have to? I'm ing hungry, lets just eat." 
 
"Fine..."
 
--- 
 
"Soomin, last night my friend said she set us up with some guys and we're meeting after school today! Apparently they go to our school too," Hyojung exclaimed the next day. 
 
"So?" 
 
"Can't you at least act a little excited?" She pouted. 
 
"... Why the hell would I act excited when I'm not?"
 
"Never mind!" She groaned in frustration. "Just meet me after school. Oh and when you meet the guys, stop with your cussing."
 
"What ever," I rolled my eyes at her. 
 
"Yah, I mean it!" She yelled. "We are going to succeed this year!"
 
"Sure we are," I said sarcastically. 
 
"Yah!" She yelled again. "We are, believe me!"
 
"Do you really expect me to believe you on this even though I never have once in the past three years?" 
 
"I'm serious!" She said slightly irritated. 
 
"Okay, okay. I'll meet you after school, bye." 
 
"Bye," she waved as she walked backwards. 
 
"You're going to bump into- Never mind," I call out to her as I walked her hit the guy behind her and fall. 
 
"You hit someone by the way!" I yelled, still being sarcastic. She heard me and directed a glare towards my direction. I just brushed it off and walk to class. 
 
---
Hyojung's POV 
 
I hit the cold floor, surprised. 
 
"You hit someone by the way!" I heard Soomin say. I glared at her. I'm not a ing idiot. 
 
I turned around and say a guy on the floor too. I stared at him for a bit. He was really... Good looking. He had light brown hair and- I snapped out of my daze. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"
 
The unnamed guy smiled, "It's fine. Are you okay?" 
 
"E-eh?" I was very flustered and blurted out, "Oh yeah! Yes! I'm fine, t-thank you!" 
 
He just chuckled and helped me up, "You're cute, I'm Lee Taemin by the way."
 
"E-eh?" My face started to heat up as I saw everyone looking at us. This was so embarrassing! "A-ah, Taemin-ssi, I'm Hyojung. Choi Hyojung."
 
"I guess I'll see you around, Hyojung-ssi," he laughed and walked away as the bell rang. 
 
"B-bye," I whispered to myself and I watched his back getting farther away. 
 
--- 
 
"Soomin-ah!" I called out to her after school. "Hurry up!"
 
"I'm coming! God, be patient," she replied as she made her way over. "Where the heck are we going?"
 
"Oh... Some restaurant nearby, I'll already call our parents while I was waiting, so lets go!" I exclaimed. 
 
"Oh yay," she said sarcastically. "I'm so excited... Not."
 
"Come on, don't be like that!" 
 
"Don't be like myself?" She scoffed. 
 
"No... What ever, lets just hurry up!" I said. 
 
---
 
As we waited in the booth, I couldn't help but think of Taemin again. He seemed so... Perfect. The thing is, I only know his name and the fact that he goes to our school... Just great. I sighed when I heard the bell of the door ring for the tenth time since we arrived. I looked up hopefully. Oh my god. I sat there with my mouth wide open, looking like an idiot.
 
"Hyojung, close your mouth. You look like a retard, I thought you wanted to leave a good impression on them," Soomin interrupted my thoughts. I glared at her. 
 
"Hyojung?" 
 
Soomin turned to me while I tried to hide my face. "Do you know that girly dude?"
 
"Yah!" I hissed quietly. 
 
"Are you two Suhyun's friends?" I heard a voice say. 
 
I peaked through the spaces between my fingers. His friend was tall with black hair. I hope Soomin likes him... 
 
"Yeah," I finally answered. 
 
"Hi," he said as he smiled. Taemin and whatever his name was slipped into the booth. "I'm Choi Minho by the way."
 
"I'm Taemin! Do you remember me Hyojung-ssi?" Taemin said cheerfully. 
 
"A-ah, neh," I replied timidly. 
 
---
SooMin's POV
 
Hyojung already knows... What's his name? Taemin? How? 
 
"So... What are your names?" Minho asked. I looked at him. How come I've never seen him or Taemin around at school? ... Then again, I never paid attention to anyone at school.
 
"E-eh? Oh! My name's Hyojung," Hyojung said obviously flustered. 
 
Minho turned to me and smiled, "And you?"
 
"Lee Soomin," I replied simply. "It's nice to meet you." He just smiled. 
 
"What should we do? Lets decide on what to eat," Taemin answered his own question as he quickly grabbed a menu. 
 
"Yeah," Minho agreed as he also grabbed one. 
 
'Well, what else would you do in a ing restaurant besides order and eat?' ... Is what I wanted to say, but I held it in thinking of what Hyojung said earlier. I just had an awkward smile on and sat there, already knowing what I wanted. I probably looked through the whole freaking menu ten times while waiting!
 
"Aren't you going to look through the menu? ... Or do you already know what you want?" Minho asked as he peaked up from his menu. 
 
I gave him a smile, "I already know." 
Of course I do, if I didn't know I'd obviously be looking through the ing thing! 
 
I held all my thoughts in and let out a big breath. This was hard. Maybe I should fix my cussing like Hyojung told me to do for the past... Five years? 
 
"Oh okay," he replied as he went searched through the menu again. I sighed and slumped back onto the seat. 
 
When was this going to end?! 
 
---
 
Annyeong~! ^^ It's yena815 again~ :P Sorry that all my fanfics have short chapters~ >_< I hope you enjoy it~