5 - Tutoring

Rules Are Meant To Be Broken

Yoona’s POV

The days passed by in a flash and pretty soon, it was two weeks after I found out about the tutoring session. Glancing at the far end of the room, I saw Ok Taecyeon. I was really hoping that he’ll be doing something intelligent or at least remotely intellectual but I guess I had my hopes too high. He was building a ‘fort’ with his pens and stationeries. I guess this tutoring session will have to start soon -real soon.

 

“After school, library at 4,” I tapped on his table as I walked out when class ended.

“Demanding, wow that’s y,” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, mocking me.

I felt a familiar warm feeling on my face and I immediately turned away. “Just be there on time,”   I hissed out and, with a lack of better word, stomped out of the room. Damn me and my blushing genes. 


At four, I reached the library and it was pretty empty. Grouchy librarian. Check. Shelves full of old dusty books. Check. Nerds. Check. Ok Taecyeon. Unknown.

Sighing, I grabbed a chair and sat down, starting on my essay. I could feel the stares of a few people as I did my work. 

Please go away.

After what felt like forever, the chair beside me became occupied by nonvother than Ok Taecyeon. "You're late,” I hissed, closing my chemistry textbook with a loud bang.

"Get over it." He murmured before setting his books on the table. Sighing in defeat, I turned towards him. "What do you want to start on?" I asked, trying to be as friendly as possible.

"Ok, let's be honest right here. You don't want to be here, I don't want to be here so let's just end it here alright? I'll just tell the principal that we're still continuing with our tutoring sessions." Taecyeon concluded, tilting his chair backwards, a smug look on his face. 

I have this irresistible urge to push him back just to wipe that look off his face but I resisted. 

His eyes were glinting mischievously, as if daring me to go against his words. "Stop right there, Ok Taecyeon. You may have the rest of the female population falling at your feet but I'm not like them. There's one thing you should know and it's that I don't give up that easily, so if you would please just answer my question,” I whispered vehemently at him, my hands noticeably clenching into fists.

I was this close to punching him. If he mocks me again, I swear to God…

“Did you know your right eye is bigger than your left eye?” He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table as he stared intensely at me.

My right hand immediately came up and punched him in the arm. “Would you please focus?” I hissed at him. If looks could kill, he would probably be dead.

Ok Taecyeon eyed me from head to toe and sighed. “Fine. We’ll start on whatever you want. It’s not like I pay enough attention in class to actually know what we’re taught,” He gave up, waiting on me expectantly.


-Thirty minutes into the session-

“Like OH MY GOD. That is like so cute,” The girl droned on, giggling obnoxiously.

I want to claw my eyes out. I thought we would actually make some progress today but I guess not. Fifteen minutes into the tutoring session, some girl came strutting up and planted herself on his lap. It's safe to say that Ok Taecyeon completely forgot about me. He had this smirk on his face, eyeing this girl from top to bottom, like a predator looking at a prey. 

His hands snacked under her shirt, his eyes focused only on her. Finally had enough, I grabbed my stuff and slammed it down on the table. A loud 'bang' resonated around the library. "Ok Taecyeon! Do you mind focusing on something that doesn't have s, for god's sake." I shouted, throwing my hands in the air. "And you!" I pointed my finger at the girl, wiggling it at her, "Please have some self-respect and cover up. It's embarrassing," With that, I stalked out of the library, ignoring the stink-eye the grouchy librarian was giving me.

I contemplated on calling Nichkhun but decided against it. He's already under enough stress with all his practice and tests, a whiny girlfriend  is not what he needed right now. Soon, I heard heavy footsteps behind me, in pace with the clicks of my heels. I sped up, having a good idea on who it is. The footsteps sped up with me.

"Ever thought of getting that stick out of your , Ms Perfect?" His voice taunted me, causing almost all the hairs on my body to rise. His tone was almost mocking, as if he knew something about me that I didn't.

"Excuse me?" I swirled around to face him. "You heard me. it's true and you know it... You think you're too good for people, with your uptight personality," He continued, lifting his eyebrow as he stared at me.

"You can say anything about me Mr Ok, but do me a favour. Stop acting like you know me when we basically have had less than five conversations," I retorted, folding my arms. "Well, prove me wrong then," Ok Taecyeon opened his arms wide, challenging me with that smirk on his face. 

My subconcious was screaming at me to just walk away, that he's not worth my time but my competitive personality worn out. "Tomorrow night, 8PM outside the school. Be on time," I instructed, walking away with a little wave. I'll prove him wrong, that pompous .

Now, I just need to think of something to do tomorrow night.