14

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

It was a dark, cold night and a couple was walking along the streets of Seoul, looking for sustenance. “Oppa how did we end up here?” the female asked.

 

“Well… fate brought us together so it brought us here.” He replied.

 

“Oppa you’re not stuttering anymore.” She pointed out.

 

“Ah… I guess so.” He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Oh look oppa! A restaurant’s still open.” She said and pointed to a brightly lit shop. She dragged her boyfriend’s hand and headed towards the restaurant.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, table for two?” the sommelier asked. The couple nodded and he brought them to their table.

 

“Here are your menus and today’s special is rib eye steak. I’ll come back to take your orders.” The sommelier said calmly.

 

“Oppa what will you be ordering?”

 

“I’ll order what you’re ordering.” The male answered courageously.

 

“Haha oppa you don’t have to follow me all the time.” She giggled.

 

“Well… we have to since we’re featured as the perfect couple in school.”

 

“So do you really like me or you’re doing this just to save the council?”

 

“Ah… erm...” he hesitated.

 

“It’s alright oppa. Let’s eat first shall we.” She concluded and raised her hand to signal the sommelier. Their orders were taken and they had a little chat before the food came.

 

“Oppa what are you planning to do about them?” she questioned.

 

“Them?” he asked and looked at her curiously.

 

“Woohyun-ssi, Myungsoo-ssi and Sungjong-ssi.” She sighed.

 

The male sighed along with her before saying; “I guess it’s their own problem then. They’re old enough to sort things out themselves. We can only provide them with advice.”

 

“Neh.” She responded and nodded her head understandingly.

 

“Two rib eye steaks. Would you like a bottle of red wine to go along with the food?” The sommelier interrupted them and placed their food on the table in front of them.

 

The couple shook their heads and ate their food peacefully. They also shared more stories about each other and laughed at each other’s experiences. “Kaja.” The male said whilst standing up from his seat and heading towards the counter to foot the bill for their dinner.

 

“₩80,000.” The cashier said.

 

“Bwoh! Are you sure its so costly?” the male asked.

 

“Neh. A rib eye steak cost about ₩40,000 each.” The cashier replied.

 

“Aish… fine.”  He complained and he took out the money from his wallet.

 

He then turned to his girlfriend and whispered, “Very good taste huh?”

 

She giggled at his action and whispered back, “Oppa just this once. Next time its on me.”

 

“Haha let’s get you back home.” He told her. The female locked her fingers into his and they both left the restaurant.

 

“Thank you for patronising.” The sommelier smiled at them.

 

They were walking in silence when he confessed, “About the question you asked just now in the restaurant? The answer is I like you more than anything.”

 

“Oh haha I forgot about that. Thank you oppa.” She replied and gave him a peck on the cheek.

 

He blushed immediately and stuttered out, “E-Erm… t-thanks.”

 

“Haha oppa you’re stuttering again.” She laughed out.

 

“Aish… we’re here now.” He finally said.

 

“Oppa when will I see you again?” she complained.

 

“Haha we see each other in school everyday.” He pointed out.

 

“Thanks for tonight.” She whispered softly into his ear whilst pulling him into a tight hug. His face flushed red and he quickly turned away.

 

The boy whispered as he watched her climb the stairs to her apartment, “You’re mine, forever and always.”