I don't know, but I think I may be fallin' for you

Fallin For You [Hiatus]

unbeta

-=======-

I don't know, but I think I may be fallin' for you

Droppin' so quickly, maybe I should keep this to myself

{Fallin For You}

-=======-

“Take this medicine. One tablet, twice a day after breakfast and dinner. If your head still hurt, don’t hesitate to come here again.”

The patient nodded and bowed politely before leaving the room. The young doctor sighed after his last patient leaving his room and removing his glasses before turn on the radio. A sweet ballad song filling the room and despite he didn’t knew the singer nor the song title, he decides, that song was a good song.

“So, listener. That was the last song for tonight. Maybe some of you will wonder, why I choose that song, well, because I’m in love now. DJ Eunhyuk leaves now. Bye, sleep well.”

A small laugh escapes from his thin lips after Donghae heard the DJ's witty reason, he shakes his head and noted the radio channel. Who know he’ll need that later.

His door suddenly flung open, and a tall doctor walking fast to his desk, “Donghae you’ll back home now?” Siwon asks. A nervous expression that usually never appear except when he was about to enters operating room, now was appear on his handsome face.

“Yes and I guess you had canceling your dinner date again with Heechul hyung?” That’s not a wild guess but the usual problem. Silently Donghae congratulate himself for not choosing emergency room shift. At least he still able to enjoy his alone time and never got a call in the middle of night if something emergency happen.

“Yes and I’m sure Heechul will kill me this time.” He slumped on couch across of Donghae's desk, “I’ll write my last will before I die now.” Siwon mumbled.

Donghae snorted, “Don’t exaggerating thing. He’ll forgive you again this time.”

“Are you sure, Donghae?”

“I know my brother too well. Don’t worry.”

“Thank you. I owe you one.”

“Actually you owe me a lot.”

“I’ll pay it later but please do this favor for me now.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Donghae busy cursing while walking in the middle of night and the snowy one. “Where the hell I should look for red velvet cake in this hour?” he tighten the thick coat around his body and gritted his teeth, it’s Siwon fault actually. As punishment, Heechul was asking Siwon to buy him a red velvet cake after work and since Siwon couldn’t leave his shift until dawn, he once again asking Donghae’s help.

“The odd couple in the world was indeed Siwon and Heechul hyung and not to mention the most troublesome one.” He kept grumbling until didn’t notice where he was going.

“Ouch…” a soft whining sound was heard after Donghae bumped into someone.

“Oops, I’m sorry. Are you okay?” He hold out his hand and help the stranger straightened himself and that time, Donghae found out the meaning of dumbstruck because of someone, because he’s dumbstruck now. The stranger so beautiful despite he had strange hair color. It’s blue for all color! His complexion was so pale and made his blue hair stand out on his body and so noticeable in the midst of snowy surrounding. His blue thick jacket wasn't help either. He look like a giant smurf but Donghae don't mind if all smurf as cute as him.

“I think my ankle sprained.” He murmured softly while examining his ankle.

Donghae gasped, he immediately kneeling and examining the stranger's ankle too, “God, I’m sorry. That’s my fault. Let me take you to hospital.”

The stranger laughed, “It’s okay. It’s not that bad though.”

“I’m doctor and trust me, it’s quite bad. Was your ankle giving pain every time you moving? Maybe for this past two day?”

The stranger nodded and smiled shyly, “Since few days I’m indeed felt my ankle hurt a little bit but I sprained when I fell earlier.”

“You should care more about your own health, though.” Donghae scolds softly and after he guided the stranger to sit at a nearer bench, he starts massaging the stranger ankle.

The stranger blushing, “Ah, you don’t need to do this. I’ll visit a doctor tomorrow.”

Donghae smiled, “I’m a doctor too. Remember? I’m Donghae. Lee Donghae.” He offers his hand for a handshake. And the stranger accepts his hand, “I’m Lee Hyukjae.” He smiles and his gummy smile was the first thing Donghae noticed as another attracting point from this person.

“Come to hospital tomorrow. I’ll arrange an appointment for you.” Said Donghae again after he finished his massage and will continue his journey to buy a red velvet cake. Hyukjae nodded and started to walk at opposite direction with Donghae when suddenly the latter call his name.

“Can I have your phone number so I can texted you about the appointment?”

“Sure.”

Later that night, Hyukjae have a very happy smile on his face and the same thing happen to Donghae, despite the joyful feeling inside their heart came from different reason.

Donghae sat cross-legged on couch beside Heechul who was busy digging his cake and didn’t really pay attention to movie on screen.

“What’s wrong with you?” ask Heechul curiously, because since Donghae came home, he just staring at his cell phone and smiling like a high-school girl who got first message from her crush.

He look toward Heechul, still with huge smile plastered on his face, “Just say that I'm in love now.”

“Wow, good thing to hear that from you, though. With who?”

“Hyukjae.”

“Who?” Heechul getting more confused. He never heard about someone named Hyukjae before. He only knew about a famous comedian named Hyukjae, that’s it.

“A guy I met today. We bumped and his ankle sprained so I arranged an appointment for him to come to hospital tomorrow.”

Donghae eyebrow twitched in annoyance after he finishing his story and Heechul was laughing hard and called him a hopeless romantic for believing love at first sight after their ridiculous first meeting.

“Falling in love at first sight wasn’t categorized as hopeless romantic, hyung. That was natural thing.” He defended himself.

“Whatever.”

-======-

And the next day, Hyukjae was indeed come to hospital, still with his blue hair and a big gummy smile. For strange reason Donghae felt his heart beating too hard and he was too happy seeing Hyukjae entering the room.

“Let me check your ankle.” Said him to Hyukjae the moment he sat at the bed. He heard his patient giggled so he looks up to him with a questioning look on his face.

“Sorry. I just thought you’re kidding when you said you were a doctor last night. So I came today only to proving you’re lying or not but it seem you told the truth.” And Hyukjae giggled again. His voice was so clear like a bell and in instant Donghae liking it.

He smiled and continuing his previous activity, “Ah, I see. Maybe I was too handsome to be a doctor.”

And Hyukjae's giggles was replaced with a laugh, “I don’t know you’re so full with yourself.”

Donghae smirks, “I know.” He stood up and walked to his desk with Hyukjae following in tow. He wrote medicine recipe on a piece of paper and handed it to Hyukjae, “Your ankle will heal completely in two or three day later after you take this medication, but if it still hurt, you can come back again. Just send me a text  if you feel your health isn't in good condition.”

“Okay, thank you so much.” Hyukjae smiles and heading to the door after he receives the recipe paper.

Donghae suddenly remembering something, “Hyukjae, wait!”

Hyukjae’s step halted. His hand already on doorknob when Donghae called his name, “Yes?” asked him.

Donghae stammered, he felt his tongue starts numb after he look at Hyukjae's brown eyes and he couldn’t make a proper sentences, “I…uhm…Can I ask you to go out with me? just to get some coffee? If you’re not busy of course.”

Hyukjae smiled again, “Sure. I’ll asks my boyfriend permission first. I’ll call you later. Bye, Donghae.”

Donghae was literally blank after he heard Hyukjae reply. ‘Boyfriend? Hyukjae have a boyfriend?’ His brain barely could process the simple information like that. His heart aching. He indeed admitting that he was fall in love with Hyukjae despite he knew that was too fast but the unpleasant information he heard earlier was enough to kill his joyful mood for that day but not enough to kill the sprout of love inside his heart.

‘It’s okay, Donghae. Love not means to always have someone you love. Just being his friend was enough’ He tried to cheer up his heart and Heechul’s words rang back on his ear. ‘Am I really a hopeless romantic like Heechul hyung said because believing love at first sight? But love wasn’t something that I could plan with whom or when I’ll fall in love including love at first sight.’

He took off his glasses, massaging his hurt head.

‘Love indeed always hard at beginning.’ He thought grimly. ‘Befriend with him is enough for me.’ He continued inwardly.

 

-TBC-

 

reply

lady_na : Update...^^