Curse of Oedipus

Curse of Oedipus

 

If you would have nothing against a realistic and angsty (with terribly much fluff) JongKey fic, I'd shamelessly advertise my chaptered and completed story, check it out!!

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/319515/one-rainy-day-angst-fluff-jonghyun-jongkey-key-kibum-romance
 

Anyway, I wanted to say that in this story, the time and environment aren't really important, instead it focuses mainly on emotions. Also it's kind of short, but I think I said all that need to be said.

Be ready to be minded and I hope you will enjoy :)

 

 

 

When our eyes met for the first time, the connection was immediate. There was like some kind of blast inside of me, like on this very moment I suddenly realized all that I hadn't been aware of yet. It became clear to me and all I felt was peace. From the very first gaze I had irrevocably changed. I had altered and could never turn back to what I had once been. She had changed me for forever. But I couldn't find it in myself to mind.

 

Her lips curved into a small smile, her bright eyes never breaking contact. I wasn't aware if I was moving or standing still. Maybe there were millions of people passing us by, but I didn't notice any of it. It wasn't important. It wasn't important at all.

 

Somehow I found that all that mattered for me were her eyes. I was captivated. I was intrigued like I had never been before. I didn't as much as think any of it through, it all seemed to come naturally. There was no other option for me.

 

***

“I've missed you,” I couldn't help but be enchanted by her soft lips carefully forming these beautifully ringing words. I didn't know what I liked more, her rosy lips, dark eyes or the tender words that fell into the silence, filling me with emotions I hadn't even known existed before, emotions I couldn't name.

 

Her eyes never failed to amaze me. They were clear and I could read them with ease but somehow there was always some fracture of them that held a mystery I never managed to unravel. They were full of contradictions like she herself was. I could understand her in a heartbeat, like she could understand me, but there was always something about her that I couldn't grasp.

 

Our relationship was complicated but so simple all the same. I don't think there was anything like us. We were special. There was a connection that couldn't be broken. We were one.

 

I had never felt like this. I was captivated, wholly under her spell. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

 

***

Her hand in mine was all that mattered at that moment. It could have been midday or midnight for all I would have cared. As long as I was with her, nothing ever mattered.

 

I didn't need anything else to be happy but her. She was all I thought about, night and day. There was no chance something would ever separate us, we were intertwined in every sense possible, it seemed. This closeness, it couldn't be changed.

 

I caressed the skin on the back of her hand with my thumb and she squeezed softly as an answer. I looked at out hands. They were so different, but still fitted perfectly. I think our hands were much like us ourselves. Her skin, somewhat hardened with years and not so elastic anymore, felt strangely perfect against my still young and soft hand. We were so different but still matched so perfectly.

 

I raised my eyes to find hers already looking at me. A smile formed on her face and I noted the wrinkles on her face, around her eyes. But somehow they made her even more perfect. To me they were a sign that she was real.

 

***

I was the one who kissed her first. It seemed strange that I took the first step as she was always the one I followed, not the other way around. It had been purely impulsive and I had acted on the feeling, not even giving it a single thought. It had seemed like a right thing to do and I didn't regret it even for one moment.

 

She had been surprised, this much had been obvious but after a moment she had let herself go and answered me with all her emotion. These feelings that were between us were so complicated and difficult to understand, but somehow I didn't find it important at all. All I knew was that I loved her. And for me that was enough.

 

***

I knew she was married. To me it didn't matter.

 

Her husband lived in China, just another rich businessman. She told me they didn't love each other anymore, their marriage that just hadn't been broken was the only thing still connecting them. They had no children, no life together. In my eyes, she was free to be mine.

 

***

I kissed her neck, inhaling her sweet perfume. Her fingers were in my hair, tousling it tenderly. I moved to her collarbones, nipping and caressing the skin, hearing her breathing fall out of rhythm. I moved to the place where her heart was hidden, nuzzling and enjoying the rapid heartbeats echoing in my head as I pressed my ear to it.

 

My hands moved along her body, under the fabric of her clothes, caressing her skin, painting on her with my fingertips. My mouth found her lips as the clothes fell from her body, leaving her more beautiful than ever.

 

That night I made love to her, long and tenderly. There was nothing in the world to stop us, break us up. We were entangled with each other so close we were one.

 

***

“How old are you anyway?” It was long since we met when she asked me that.

 

“Does it matter?” I asked back with a smile, but then gave up and answered her.

 

“But when is your birthday?” she asked next, stopping and looking me in the eye.

 

It's September 23, 1991.” I watched as her eyes widened but she fast altered them to the ground.

 

And where were you born? Don't you want to introduce me to your parents?” She asked it lightly but something seemed off, she seemed off.

 

“I never met my real parents, I was adopted. But the ones that raised me were very nice. You are right, I should introduce you to them.”

 

She finally looked up and a smile was covering her face. But it didn't seem sincere, it didn't reach her eyes.

 

That would be nice. But I have to go now, I love you.” She pulled me into a tight hug, not letting me go for a while. Saying goodbye like this was nothing new but something seemed off. I got this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

 

She loosened the hug and pressed her lips onto mine. The kiss was deep and heart-felt but it seemed hurried somehow. I didn't really get it at the moment. Then she broke the kiss and waved at me, slowly stepping away. And I was left to wave back, watching as she turned her back on me and left.

 

***

I didn't hear from her for days. It was strange, even if we couldn't be together we would call or text. But she didn't answer her phone nor my messages. It was the bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that forced me behind the door of her apartment.

 

I knocked and yelled for her, but there was no answer. The feeling of fear increased with every passing second, leaving me panting and mindless. I lunged at the locked wooden door over and over again, finally managing to break it in as I tumbled and landed on the ground. All my body hurt at that point but the fear egged me on.

 

I looked into the rooms, all empty. With nauseous feeling I opened the door to bathroom, crumbling to the ground at what I saw. She was hanging from the ceiling, a loop around her neck, long gone. Tears filled my eyes as I couldn't force my gaze to leave her dead body.

 

The chair under her lay sideways and a letter was stuck under it. Mindlessly I stretched my arm and took it, noticing that her tears had made the ink run in some places, ruining the perfect writing. But my endless tears were making it hard to read, anyway.

 

 

I'm sorry but I couldn't bear living with this knowing. For once, I feel I must be completely honest with you.

I am your mother.

I gave birth to you when I was only 17 and my family forced me to give you up. But I thought about you all the time, I loved you all this time.

I still love you. And that's why I can't do this anymore. I don't regret meeting you but I curse the day I finally found out the truth. I love you. That's why I can't bear living anymore.

I'm sorry, I won't ask for forgiveness

I love you

 

 

I looked up at the women I had learned to love, suddenly noticing how old and tired she looked. I stood up, the letter shattering to the ground, my mind suddenly blank. I moved slowly, not really processing anything, not feeling anything. When I reached the kitchen, I grabbed mindlessly the knife and moved back to the bathroom with some unchangeable numbness.

 

I raised my gaze at her closed eyes, that would never be opened again and pressed my mouth to her lips that would never be parted again. She was cold and motionless against me, but somehow that kiss was more significant to me than anything else. The sobs rocked my body as I retreated, fell at her feet and raised the knife.