Chapter 1: White Love Story

The 100th Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She had a smile on her face as she continued to concentrate on her sketchpad. The sound of her pen the sheet of paper could be clearly heard throughout the quiet workroom. Her assistant glanced at her and smiled, seeing the designer’s focused gaze. She added a few more details and placed her pen down on the table.

“Finally! Done with my 89th bride!!” She announced through the room after taking a last check on her design. “SeoHyun-ah, can you photocopy this and bring the copy to Miss Kim HyoYeon? Tell her that’s the new design of her bridal gown... Ask her if she would be alright with that so we could finalize it as soon as possible... and don’t forget to take notes on her complaints or suggestions... okay?” she called her assistant.

“Arasseo, unni... but you really need to have some rest... you’ve been working for more than 24hours on this design...” SeoHyun said with worry as she looked around the work room floor scattered with crumpled papers. “And you should get something to eat... look how pale you already are...” she added before turning her body towards the door.

“Aigoo, stop worrying and get that design to her fast!” she shouted across the room and shook her head at her overly caring dongsaeng.

She stretched her arms and bent her head to the sides to loosen up her muscles. She glanced up her workroom walls and saw her 88 bridal gown designs framed and orderly hung. Her eyes stayed at the 67th frame and started remembering her pained love story from two years ago. That 67th dress was supposed to be hers. She had put all her time and effort on her own dress, just for it to be wasted by an unhappy but fateful incident.

She remembered how she saw her best friend, YuRi and fiancé, NichKhun in a cafe that all of them frequented. They looked so happy together, cuddling and occasionally pecking each other’s cheeks and lips. They were too happy to even notice that she was outside the cafe staring at them for almost five minutes already. Her tears were falling over her cheeks and her heart was hurt but she somehow felt happy looking at the sweet couple in front of her. She had never seen Khun smiling that wide when he was with her and also never seen her best friend that happy with YuRi’s past relationships.

She remembered how the two important people in her life looked when they glanced at the window and saw her crying. Guilt filled their faces as they ran outside to explain. But instead of slapping her best friend and claiming her fiancé back like any girlfriend in a drama would have done, she flashed them her eye smile as she wiped her tears. She congratulated them and forgave them. She gave him back the ring on her finger and hugged them before saying goodbye.

She admits that she was hurt; it was not as if she never loved him faithfully, but she was happy for them. She showed them that she was alright by coolly cancelling the wedding, living their next days as if she had never been together with him for three years, and even offering to design her future bridal gown. 

She then sighed deeply after taking her sight off the wall. She stood from her seat heading towards the door to take a coffee break. She massaged her shoulders and her back as she walked towards the vending machine. She pressed the machine button and grabbed her cup of black coffee. She walked back to her office as she continued rubbing her shoulders for muscle pains with one hand. Suddenly a pair of large familiar hands touched her shoulders and started massaging them.

The touch was too familiar for her to be startled. It was the touch of the person who had helped her and accompanied her throughout her life. It was the same caring touch she had experienced for the past twenty years. If not for this man, she would have given up designing and she would have had a hard time moving on. He was the one who encouraged her to improve her designing skills and also the one who hugged her to sleep after she broke up with Khun.

She continued on her tracks as he continued massaging her shoulders, both not even sharing any words with each other.

“Ahhh! Oppa!!” she yelped in pain as she got out of his touch and rubbed her now more painful shoulder. He had just massaged her shoulder with too much caring and strength.

“Your shoulder was just too tense, Fany-ah... I just used a little more pressure on it... hehe... mianhae...” he apologized cutely but was not received well by the woman.

“TaecYeon oppa, you know that a ‘little’ of your strength doesn’t actually mean ‘little’ to a normal human being... Haven’t you seen you gigantic body? Haven’t you learned your lesson when you ‘slightly’ pushed SeulOng oppa and his wrist was in a cast the next day?” she complained with her left eyebrow raised at him as he gently rubbed her aching shoulder.

“I know, I know... I’m really sorry.., so stop being mad, okay?” He apologized and kissed her forehead as they went back in her workroom. She smiled at his sweet gesture. “But seriously, you need to get some rest... you look paler by the day and the tension on your shoulder and back muscles are no joke...” He continued as he pulled the chair for her to sit on, before pulling his own.

“Did you buy this, oppa?” Fany asked seeing the lunch boxes on her coffee table, before sipping his black coffee.

“Mhmm, SeoHyun called me early this morning saying that you haven’t had any meals since last night...” he opened the containers for her.

“I was just not hungry earlier... but now I am... now that you brought my favourite dishes...” she grinned and readied her chopsticks.

“That’s why you’re getting paler and thinner by the day... tsk tsk tsk...” he stated as he grabbed her arm and showed how thin they were. “Do you know that the size of your arm is less than half of mine?”

“That’s because you’re fat, oppa!” she teased and stuck her tongue out. It was true that she was getting paler and somehow weaker by the day. Her appetite was not that well either. She was actually thinking to visit to hospital to check if the stress she’s been having could have affected her digestion and blood circulation. But she had no time and every time that she was free, Taec is around and she didn’t want him t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter