Lemons

Lemons

 

It was already late. Kris and his lover,Luhan, just finished dating. He stopped his car in front of Luhan’s house. Sighing, Kris looked to his lover, “So, goodnight baby.”

Luhan smiled and replied him, “Goodnight Yifannie.” He moved closer then pecked Kris’s lips. But then, ”Yifannie? The air conditioner is on, it’s so cold here but why are you sweaty? Are you okay?” he furrowed his eyebrows and touched Kris’s forehead. There was worry in his voice.

“I’m okay Lu, umm, kinda dizzy but I’m okay.” Kris shrugged but then he coughed.

“Aha! You coughed! You are not okay. You got cold and sore throat, I’m sure.” Luhan narrowed his eyes.

“Umm, yeah, kinda sore throat too actually but...”

“Come in, I’ll make a cup of hot lemonade for you.” Luhan was ready to open the car door but Kris held his hand quickly. “No need,” he said.

Luhan sighed, “Because it’s sour?”

Kris nodded. Luhan then pouted and stared at him with his cute and adorable puppy eyes. Kris blushed and looked away quickly.

“Baby please, don’t act cute. I’m sorry but I... I really hate sour thing.” He sighed and tried to look back at his adorable lover. “I’ll be fine, okay. Just go inside, it’s late already, beside, you will get cold too if you...” Kris shrugged. Luhan tilted his head and looked at him curiously. “You... you will get cold too if you stay too long in my cold and air-conditioned car.”

Luhan just chuckled then nodded his head. He pecked Kris’s lips once again and mouthed ‘I love you’ before opening the car door and stepped out from the car. He waited until Kris’s car disappeared from the street then walked into his house.

 

---++---

 

In the morning, Luhan woke up earlier than usual. He quickly picked his phone from the side table and dialed Kris’s number. No answer. He dialed once again but still no answer.

God, what happen to Kris? Is he alright? Oh, I really have to go to his house right now. He rushed to the bathroom and took a shower for a couple minutes. He applied a thin layer of bb cream on his face before dressing and sprayed perfume to his clothes. He ran downstairs, heading to the kitchen to say goodbye to his mom.

“Mom, I have to go to Kris’s house.” He looked at the fridge and walked quickly toward that tall white elegant box with two doors before opening it. “I’ll take some lemons okay.”

“Okay dear. Did he get sore throat? Say hello to him okay. Take care.”

“Yeah, he really needs lemon. “ He chuckled. “I’m leaving, bye mom.” Said Luhan after pecking his mom’s cheek.

---++---

Kris was such a sleepy head. It was already 7 but still too early for him to get up. But then something forced him to opened his eyes. He heard his mom shouted from the kitchen. “Wu Yifan! Wake up and get the door opened! I’m cooking right now!”

He just groaned. He shut his eyes again and pulled the blanket to cover his ears. The hell with it, it’s stil too early.

“Wu Yifan, go open the door, or keep sleeping and forget your breakfast!” his mom shouted again, made him rushed quickly to the first floor and walk angrily toward the door.

Who are you dare disturbing me you stupid guest... His eyes suddenly wide opened and his mouth almost gaped wide when he saw who had come.

“Lu?” he furrowed his eyebrows. Luhan squealed and hugged him tight. “Come in Lu,” he said before wrapped his arm arround the shoulder of his small figured boyfriend and pulled him inside the house. “It’s still so early, I thought it wasn’t you who come.” He kissed Luhan’s head. “Mom, Luhan’s coming.” He said while dragging Luhan to the kitchen.

“Zhao an Mrs. Wu.” Luhan smiled widely, revealing his white shining teeth then hugged his lover’s mom. “Need help?” he continued.

“Oh, it’s you. No need cutie, I almost done. Just wait in the dining room with my drool-like smell son.” She pinched Luhan’s cheek before sending death glare to his own son (such a scary mom :p). Luhan giggled and sat on the dining chair. “Oh, honey, you better go take a shower now. Don't you feel embarassed? Your boyfriend smells so nice."

Kris just groaned then pecked Luhan on the lips. "I have to take a shower, so my scent will be as nice as yours." Luhan just chuckled. He waited until Kris walked upstair, he waited until he can hear sound of shower before he called Kris's mom.

"Umm, Mrs. Wu, would you do me a favor?"

"Sure dear, just say it." Answered Mrs. Wu, she joined Luhan on the dining table and put a big plate of beef fried rice. "The breakfast is ready anyway."

"Xie xie Mrs. Wu. So I..." He then talked something that looked like a secret with Kris's mom. Both of them talked quietly, sometimes they looked like giggling. They continued talking until Kris was back from his room then they ate the breakfast together.

 

---++---

 

“So I guess I have to go now. The breakfast was great Mrs. Wu, thank you so much.” Said Luhan while got up from the dining chair. “Kris’s condition is not that bad though.”

“No problem dear, you should come again next time. Thanks for worrying my son. He’s so lucky to have such a caring boyfriend like you.” Kris’s mom cupped his own cheeks.

“I will Mrs. Wu. Thank you.” He blushed then chuckled. They walked to the front door. Luhan pecked Kris’s lips before leaving the Wu’s house.

“Your boyfriend is so adorable. He’s cute, he has a good smile, flawless skin, bright complexion. You are lucky. So lucky.” Said Mrs. Wu after closing the front door. Kris groaned while giving a ‘what-do-you-mean-mom’ look. “Oh, and the most important is that he cares to you.” His mom continued.

“Yeah mom, I’m so lucky to have him. Oh, you miss something mom. You know what, he’s good at singing too, his voice is just... you know an angel? I’ll tell him to sing for you someday mom.” Kris said bluntly while walking to the stairs.

“Really? Ooh, I can’t wait. He really have to visit us again soon. Oh, and Kris, he gave me this when you were taking shower.” Kris stopped. He walked to the kitchen and looked at his mom curiously. He waited patiently until his mom show him a transparent plastic bag filled with lemons. He gasped and was ready to run. But he was stopped by his mom.

“Where do you think you are going young man? Don’t you wanna taste this fresh lemons from your boyfriend?” his mom smirked.

“No mom, you... just keep it. Or eat it. All of it. By yourself. Thanks for the offer. My head is so dizzy, I have to sleep now.” He rushed to his bed room, ignoring his mom. He picked up his phone on the side table and dialed Luhan’s number but no answer. He kept trying but still no answer. He groaned and threw his body to his bed.

How could you do that to me Lu! And mom, you know I hate sour food, but... How could you guys do that to me?! Kris grabbed his hair frustratingly when the door slammed suddenly. His mom appeared with a small cup on his hand that already knew what was inside. She walked slowly toward his son with her other hand on his back. Looked like she was hiding something.

“Mom, please, no...” Kris begged. Her mom shook her head. “Don’t let me force you young man.”

“Mom, I won’t drink that sour liquid even it was made from the fruits Luhan gave for me.”

“But will you still insist if I’ll burn this silly thing of yours?” his mom suddenly showed what was hided behind her back.

Kris were dumbfounded, “Mom, how could you....”

“Come on Kris, drink this hot lemonade or I’ll burn your cute little Alpaca.” Her mom handed him the lemonade filled cup. Like being hypnotized, he took the cup from his mom. He took a deep breath and held it. He stared at the yellowish clear liquid before finished it in one big gulp, making his mom smile in satisfy.

 

---++---

 

“So, Mrs. Wu, I think Kris got cold. He was sweaty last night, even the car’s air conditioner was . And he coughed too, I’m sure it’s sore throat and he needs these.” Said Luhan. Then he took something from his sling bag. He put it on the table and continued, “Kris hates sour food right? That’s why I really need your help. Since he is such an obidient son, maybe he will drink the hot lemonade you made.” Kris’s mom sighed. She took the plastic bag from the table and put it on her lap.

“Well, I ever tried to forced him to eat something sour before. It always failed.” Kris’s mom shrugged. “So I give up and I never cooked anything sour for him until now.” Luhan kept silent. He tapped his beautiful thin index finger to his chin while thinking.

“Hmm, maybe you should... threaten him?” he shrugged. Kris’s mom raised her eyebrows.

“Threaten him? How?” Kris’s mom still couldn’t believe of this-cute-boy-in-front-him’s idea. How could this such an angel like face boy have an idea of threatening someone he loved?

“Well... You know the doll I gave to him as his 21th birthday present right?” Asked Luhan. Kris’s mom nodded. Luhan clicked his fingers and smiled meaningfully, hoping his lover’s mom would understand what he meant. And as he had expected, Kris’s mom replied with the smile and nodded. Then both of them giggled while looking at the stairs now and then, watching if Kris done and went downstairs to have his breakfast.

 

---++---

 

Kris groaned loudly. He shut his eyes tight and handed the empty cup to his mom.

“So how was it?” his mom hold her laughter. Kris shook his head.

“It’s... not that bad actually.” He shrugged. Then his mom laughter exploded. Kris raised one of his eyebrows and asked confusedly, “What’s wrong with you mom? I know you were happy, seeing your son finally drunk lemonade. But your laughter is kinda too much.”

“Oh God, Wu Yifan,” she sit on the edge of the bed and told her son about what she and Luhan had planned this morning. Kris were dumbfounded once again then groaned while his mom still laughing.

You naughty little deer. Kris thought.